40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

BTW, I wonder how an RFE looks like. We got an Action of Notice exactly on our 4th month of waiting and asking for my fiance's first divorce decree, but he didn't see it's an RFE. He didn't also get a notification email or text messages saying an RFE will be coming by mail. Neither the USCIS website says we're still on initial review.

I dunno our current position as of the moment.

an

it's an RFE...my fiance also received the same thing asking for his first divorce decree....

7/14/11 - I-129F sent

7/19/11 - NOA1 :)

8/7/11 - Touched

12/10/11 - received RFE in mail :(

12/24/11 - touched

12/27/11 - touched ( again..... )

1/3/12 - sent reply to RFE

1/6/12 - USCIS received the reply to RFE

1/24/12 - another RFE:(

1/27/12 - received RFE hardcopy

1/30/12 - sent reply to RFE

2/4/12 - my love arrived here to celebrate our birthdays together

2/8/12 - NOA2....thank you LOrd.....

4/12-13/12- my medical schedule ( thank God, I passed !!! )

5/2/2012- interview date :-)

8/22/23 - sent 221(g) docs

8/23/12 - USEM received my 221(G) docs

8/30/12 - VISA issued (yesss!!!!!)

9/5/12-Visa on hand ( yehey!!!!)

10/8/12 - flying to USA...

AOS / EAD APPLICATION

3/28/2013 - packet sent to Dallas lockbox

4/4/13- pacet received

4/23/13 - biometrics appointment...done!

GringoD,

If my past were not clear do you really think that I would have even begun with this process knowing that they check everything out?? Really I mean really?? I'm pretty sure they already have my background check and are just checking to see what I send them over. Sooooo you can just keep your negativity of my blog, Thanks and have a great holiday..

BTW, I wonder how an RFE looks like. We got an Action of Notice exactly on our 4th month of waiting and asking for my fiance's first divorce decree, but he didn't see it's an RFE. He didn't also get a notification email or text messages saying an RFE will be coming by mail. Neither the USCIS website says we're still on initial review.

So you didn't get an RFE in the mail? But you know they want the divorce decree? That notice of action is telling you that they need that divorce decree in order to move forward. If you haven't already, get this in quickly because it will just delay the processing. Don't trust the website because it is rarely accurate. My updates were never there but I did receive the email notifications. Although I never received a Notice of Action of RFE....these things probably do not apply to the update via text/email.

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

_________

However.... as opposed to most of the other replies to your Q,... I think, if I am a reviewer, THAT Q IS PRETTY DARNED IMPORTANT AND.... if you forgot to answer it AND ONLY IT.... I'm already suspect, upon initial review of your petition. So, I'm going to send some RFE's your way. I wouldn't expect an easy ride, now... until they are satisfied that your past is clear. (or, ... is it???)

I would agree with you on this 100% only if, after they do the background check, there is something fishy. That being said, I also agree that not answering that question would raise a red flag but not something that will follow them through the entire process. Hopefully when they see the revision and the background checks are complete, they'll be in the clear.

GringoD,

If my past were not clear do you really think that I would have even begun with this process knowing that they check everything out?? Really I mean really?? I'm pretty sure they already have my background check and are just checking to see what I send them over. Sooooo you can just keep your negativity of my blog, Thanks and have a great holiday..

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Not defending anyone because let me tell you, I've had my fair share of jerks to respond to my posts...but I don't think he meant it in a bad way. Honestly, all of the immigration offices are pretty much instructed not to give anyone the benefit of the doubt so not checking that box could raise a flag. But again, if they gave you the opportunity to send in the revision, you're good.

Don't sweat the sarcastic remarks.....there will be many along the way...lol Save your energy to tell off the real A$HOLES!!! lmao

Edited by sam&jensi

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It doesn't say RFE on the form, it is a Notification, so you got an Request For Evidence about a divorce decree. I am expecting one also as I sent an old copy I had on file, have since requested a new certified copy so that I am ready for the RFE.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I forgot to answer a question on the 129F.. The one that ask if i was ever convicted of a crime and all that other stuff on there. Me like an idiot I over looked that question but I answered it and sent it right back to them. Which is why I was hoping that once they received that that my case would be approved.

Same thing happened to us...the lawyer forgot to cross it off and it took uscis 58 days to look at it (hopefully yours will be quicker...., this was Vermont) and then they sendt another RFE!!! becaus elawyer had only sent in biometric page of us passport and thats not enoug proof for citizenshippppp.trrrrrrrrrrrrr...monay we replid and now we have to wait...hopefully they will look at it quicker this time.

good luck!

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Not defending anyone because let me tell you, I've had my fair share of jerks to respond to my posts...but I don't think he meant it in a bad way. Honestly, all of the immigration offices are pretty much instructed not to give anyone the benefit of the doubt so not checking that box could raise a flag. But again, if they gave you the opportunity to send in the revision, you're good.

Don't sweat the sarcastic remarks.....there will be many along the way...lol Save your energy to tell off the real A$HOLES!!! lmao

Yea I hear you I prob did take it as more than what it was but thanks to everyone for all of the input all of the info was very helpful and now I see that many diff things can happen from here on out. Whatever it is I just hope it doesn't take forever to be done with..Soo overwhelmed and stressed :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Reading on here about RFEs it seems lawyers (which should be versed in the process) make as many if not more mistakes on applications. I think most of the attorneys are totally clueless as to the process and just wing-it for the dollar.

Lots of trust to the joke about 500 at the bottom of the ocean - a good start.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

_________

However.... as opposed to most of the other replies to your Q,... I think, if I am a reviewer, THAT Q IS PRETTY DARNED IMPORTANT AND.... if you forgot to answer it AND ONLY IT.... I'm already suspect, upon initial review of your petition. So, I'm going to send some RFE's your way. I wouldn't expect an easy ride, now... until they are satisfied that your past is clear. (or, ... is it???)

Of course YOU wouldn't forget to tick a box. YOU wouldn't forget to give all the pertinent information. He made a mistake, can happen to almost anyone, apparently.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343414-i-made-a-bone-head-mistake/

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Reading on here about RFEs it seems lawyers (which should be versed in the process) make as many if not more mistakes on applications. I think most of the attorneys are totally clueless as to the process and just wing-it for the dollar.

Lots of trust to the joke about 500 at the bottom of the ocean - a good start.

I agree...that's why I opted not to get a lawyer....so I could blame myself for screwing up...lol

Of course YOU wouldn't forget to tick a box. YOU wouldn't forget to give all the pertinent information. He made a mistake, can happen to almost anyone, apparently.

http://www.visajourn...e-head-mistake/

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS!!!

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS!!!

Lol she has a point.. thanks for looking that up!!!

Filed: Country: Liberia
Timeline

Ooh great they didn't give me a specific unit to send the info back to they just provided the address. That sucks now who knows it may be another 5 to 6 months before I hear anything again. :(

You can periodically check back with immigration and if your case falls outside of the 5 month goal time of immigration you can put in a request for them to check on your case. It seems later on in the day representatives are more able to assist. The best to you and hope you will have some SUPER good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for those encouraging words.. I hope that's an approval so I can get this ball rolling, missing mi negro.. Yea I sent it certified Yesterday in the morning and it's supposed to be there tomorrow. Would they even be abLe to tell me anything when I call??

:ot: what does "mi negro" mean please?? if i called someone a negro here in the UK then they would probably hit me but im guessing you use it as a term of endearment??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.