40 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, sending in an RFE response doesn't necessarily mean an approval is next. For most cases, though, it is. Good luck.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

_________

However.... as opposed to most of the other replies to your Q,... I think, if I am a reviewer, THAT Q IS PRETTY DARNED IMPORTANT AND.... if you forgot to answer it AND ONLY IT.... I'm already suspect, upon initial review of your petition. So, I'm going to send some RFE's your way. I wouldn't expect an easy ride, now... until they are satisfied that your past is clear. (or, ... is it???)

Well Thank God you are not a REVIEWER!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Of course YOU wouldn't forget to tick a box. YOU wouldn't forget to give all the pertinent information. He made a mistake, can happen to almost anyone, apparently.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343414-i-made-a-bone-head-mistake/

Nicely done.If you live in glass house, dont throw stones!!!!!

I think it depends on who gets your case. I imagine that one "case" officer upon finding a mistake or omission would stop right there, issue the RFE and then put away the case while another might just go through the rest of the documents to see if everything else is okay.

In the first case, after you send in your RFE and it is reviewed, if that officer finds another problem then another RFE will be issued. If there is no problem then your case will be move forward.

In the second case, the officer would just be waiting on your RFE response to move your case forward since he/ she had already gone through all documents initially.

:ot: what does "mi negro" mean please?? if i called someone a negro here in the UK then they would probably hit me but im guessing you use it as a term of endearment??

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG HILARIOUS! (Pronounced : Naygro) It's a pet name often used by Latinas to refer to their husband/boyfriend - most often a darker skinned person. But....my husband calls me his Negrita and I am obviously not dark skinned by any means....:luv:

Edited by sam&jensi

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG HILARIOUS! (Pronounced : Naygro) It's a pet name often used by Latinas to refer to their husband/boyfriend - most often a darker skinned person. But....my husband calls me his Negrita and I am obviously not dark skinned by any means....:luv:

LLS.. Thanks for qetting back to him..that was funny..I got caught up at work but you put it in very nice terms. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

No harm meant! LaUnica.

and, I obviously don't mind admitting my own short-comings,.. by way of my post.

I think it helps, when we maintain the ability to laugh at ourselves :lol: , not take yourself too damn seriously :rofl:

Nothing wrong with a lil self-demeaning humour, when I (you?) make a mistake.

Just ask Dan,.. mi negrito! :D

Edited by GringoD

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

No harm meant! LaUnica.

and, I obviously don't mind admitting my own short-comings,.. by way of my post.

I think it helps, when we maintain the ability to laugh at ourselves :lol: , not take yourself too damn seriously :rofl:

Nothing wrong with a lil self-demeaning humour, when I (you?) make a mistake.

Just ask Dan,.. mi negrito! :D

Oh...I feel the love in here!!!! Let's all hold hands and sing.....lol

Edited by sam&jensi

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So you didn't get an RFE in the mail? But you know they want the divorce decree? That notice of action is telling you that they need that divorce decree in order to move forward. If you haven't already, get this in quickly because it will just delay the processing. Don't trust the website because it is rarely accurate. My updates were never there but I did receive the email notifications. Although I never received a Notice of Action of RFE....these things probably do not apply to the update via text/email.

We got a notice via mail. I was asking if it's really called notice of action because we didn't see any RFE word in the notice. They were asking the first divorce decree of my fiance. Just finding it weird because we got the Notice Mail, but we didn't get any email notification or text that an RFE hardcopy will be coming by mail. Even the uscis website says, we're still on "INITIAL REVIEW". I guess they haven't updated their website yet.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got a notice via mail. I was asking if it's really called notice of action because we didn't see any RFE word in the notice. They were asking the first divorce decree of my fiance. Just finding it weird because we got the Notice Mail, but we didn't get any email notification or text that an RFE hardcopy will be coming by mail. Even the uscis website says, we're still on "INITIAL REVIEW". I guess they haven't updated their website yet.

The form you get is a Notice of Action (NOA) which in this instance is a Request For Evidence, pretty straight forward simple to understand why its referred to as an RFE on the forum... because it ISN'T a Notice of Action with the word APPROVED on it which is referred to as the NOA2. :wacko:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.