carrera66

Pictures in the packet

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

How should I present our pictures in the packet? I've read that I want to put our name, date and location on the back of each picture. But do I put the pictures directly in the envelope or should i put them in a bag first or paper clipped? what's the best way? I have about 30 printed off but should I choose 5 or 6 or so to send?

How should I present our pictures in the packet? I've read that I want to put our name, date and location on the back of each picture. But do I put the pictures directly in the envelope or should i put them in a bag first or paper clipped? what's the best way? I have about 30 printed off but should I choose 5 or 6 or so to send?

What i did on ours is that i labeled date and location where the picture was taken and described the other people on it (like family members). Then i put them in Zip-bag (we had about 20 pics), and put them in envelope with the rest of the evidence.

The consul during the interview told me that was good thing we did, so i would recommend that to everyone.

K1 Process

06/13/2011 - I-129F packet sent

06/14/2011 - Packet delivered, signed by JArthur

06/16/2011 - Check cashed

06/17/2011 - Email and text NOA1

06/18/2011 - Touched

06/20/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 6/16

09/13/2011 - NOA2 approved, 88 days, text and email received

09/16/2011 - NOA2 hard copy received

10/31/2011 - Interview (Approved)

11/11/2011 - POE (Charlotte)

11/27/2011 - Wedding

AOS, EAD & AP

12/16/2011 - Packet sent

12/19/2011 - Package delivered and signed by J.C

12/22/2011 - 3 emails and text notifications

12/23/2011 - Check cashed

12/27/2011 - NOA1 hard copies received

12/30/2011 - Biometrics letter received, appt date set for Jan 23rd

01/17/2012 - Case transferred to CSC (notified by text and email)

01/20/2012 - Hard copy of transfer received

01/23/2012 - Biometrics done

02/21/2012 - EAD and AP approved

02/28/2012 - EAD and AP received on same card

03/15/2012 - Green card approved, in production

03/20/2012 - Green card in hands

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This is what worked for me (nothing against the guides here on VJ). I created a word document by inserting digital photos and putting a brief narrative under them with names, dates and locations. Then I printed the 3 pages in color and added it as a supplement to the i-129f as evidence of having met in person. If you don't have digital photos then obviously this wont work for you but it seemed a much cleaner way to me to present pictures.

I provided a total of 6 pictures taken over 3 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I went the digital picture route as well in a word document. I put four pictures per page and I organized them based on my four separate trips to see her in person with the dates of the trip at the top of the page. I had about 12 pictures per trip for a total of ~48 pictures. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I also used Word documents for supporting evidence like receipts, boarding passes, etc. I scanned each side and organized them on pages with a description under each one. I also did this with my passport copies, reducing each scanned pair of pages so that I could fit four scanned passport pages on a single 8.5 x 11 sheet. Did the same with birth certificate, divorce decree, and other full size pages. 95% of my petition package was organized like this into Word documents.

I handled photos differently. I didn't like the way they printed on any type of full sheet paper, including gloss photo sheets. No matter how I adjusted my printer settings, they always looked better printed on 4 x 6 Kodak photo cards. Better detail and color. I wrote the date, location, and a brief description of who and what was in each photo. I put these into 8.5 x 11 plastic sleeves with pockets for three photos each, and punched holes in the sheets that matched the Acco binder clip I was using. This kept everything together as a bundle.

In the end, it probably doesn't matter exactly how you do it. Just don't put loose photos in the envelope you send your packet in. There are no pockets in the binders they use, and any loose odd-size documents have a higher chance of getting lost. If you put them in a zip-lock bag I imagine they'll punch holes in the bag and put it in their binder.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

One great idea I think I found here from JimVaPhuong is/was to have both your letter of intents taken to the US Embassy where your beneficiary lives and have them notorized. Than take a picture with both of you holding the letter of intents. Proof positive you have met in her country !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.