EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam I have question My name is sajid.... is that popular name too ? and Depement of States gonna tell me about my case ? and and whichs one number i can call them from pakistan please let me know thanks

its not like that they dont have a list of popular names the thing is that they enter your name into a data base and if your name can last name matches with that of a criminal or terrorist they are going to put you in Ap

Arif Ali

Also 'tis not just YOUR name they can run through name checks, from what I've heard they also run your parents'/inlaws names, etc. If there're similarities or hits with what they have on the database, they always conduct an investigation. Similarly your town of residence, where you've been in the last several years, if you've visited any of the countries the US is wary of... it all plays a role.

RealAI; I'll say whilst it may be uncommon for them to ask for his written confirmation, I'm glad he submitted anyway. Since he hasn't done anything wrong, he doesn't have to worry. :) Prior practice and popular belief states if you hear from them in any capacity, 'tis always good news because it means apparently they are still 'working' on your case.

Keep your chin up everybody, it'll all be sorted/approved soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I need all your opinion.

Last week Monday Embassy called my husband and asked him to submit a written signed statement saying that he has never been arrested anywhere in the world. My husband sent the letter through fedex on Wednesday. the Embassy was closed on Thursday and Friday for weekend in Saudi Arabia. We tracked the Fedex delivery and found that it was delivered Saturday morning. saturday afternoon embassy called my husband. The guy told Sami that they received the document. He said that Administrative Processing has not finished yet and they will call Sami when AP is over. Sami told him that we have been waiting for months now, he asked how much longer it might be. The man said our case is very unusual and they can not predict how much longer it might take.

I dont understand why they asked for thiis kind of letter. I dont understand why they called to tell us to wait when we are already waiting. I was surprized that they called on their own to let us know that they received the document and they called the same day they received it.

can you guys give me your opinions?

Sounds odd but it may be what that embassy does... dont' know.. but i am pleased they are working on your case.

Salam I have question My name is sajid.... is that popular name too ? and Depement of States gonna tell me about my case ? and and whichs one number i can call them from pakistan please let me know thanks

Not sure if your name is common or not. The DOS line is 202 663 1225 They won't say too much about the work they are doing just if its pending or not. May give you a little info but they don't give too much.

Eabbas can you explain in detail name check process which was explained to you by congress man ?

Here is a link you can read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

My congressman told me it wasn't as simple as entering your name. You have to wait your turn for each check so it may take a while.

Arif Adil and Gil1234 are right.. if your name has a hit they have to pull it research why it had hit and verify that person wasnt you then put you back into the que for the other checks.

They look at your family too.. sometimes they do sometimes they dont it just all depends on what they are checking.

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

I just called and it’s still pending, I don’t understand why it’s taking soooo long, this process is so ridiculous and totally unfair.

Date I-130 NOA1 07-21-2010

Date I-130 NOA2:02-09-2011

NVC

02-23-2011 NVC Received

02-24-2011 Paid I-864 Bill

02-24-2011 Sent DS-3032 email

02-28-2011 Return Completed I-864

03-01-2011 DS-3032 email accepted

03-02-2011 Receive IV Bill

03-02-2011 Pay IV Bill

03-09-2011 DS-230 Package sent

03-14-2011 AOS entered in system

03-22-2011 SIF

03-23-2011 Case Completed at NVC

06-04-2011 NVC Left

Consulate Received

05-26-2011 Interview Date

Visa issued on 28th feb.

Visa In hand 1st march 2012

POE: 16.03.12 Seattle.

Green Card Arrived : 5/9/2012

Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity… And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship.” [Tirmidhi]

Timeline

Thanks eabbas for the detail info and answer.

Your welcome...

Also sharing this with you all... AP won't make our love go away.. it just makes our relationships stronger. Inshallah some good news this week for us!

post-92524-0-40246900-1327970429_thumb.jpg

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

I don't know whats happening at the embassy in Riyadh. Another person called my husband today again from the embassy. It is the same person who called to request the statement from him. He asked Sami if he sent the statement yet. Sami said he did and someone from the embassy called to confirm. The man then checked the file and told my husband that the letter was not in the file and asked for the fedex shipping confirmation number. He also asked for the name of the person Sami spoke to on Saturday. Unfortunately Sami did not have the name of the person he spoke to on Saturday. The person he spoke to today said he will call and follow up tomorrow and confirm who has the paper work. The whole thing sounds so unusual.

Timeline

I don't know whats happening at the embassy in Riyadh. Another person called my husband today again from the embassy. It is the same person who called to request the statement from him. He asked Sami if he sent the statement yet. Sami said he did and someone from the embassy called to confirm. The man then checked the file and told my husband that the letter was not in the file and asked for the fedex shipping confirmation number. He also asked for the name of the person Sami spoke to on Saturday. Unfortunately Sami did not have the name of the person he spoke to on Saturday. The person he spoke to today said he will call and follow up tomorrow and confirm who has the paper work. The whole thing sounds so unusual.

It does sound unusual but if its anything like islamabad.. adil had like 2 or 3 guys handing him his papers back at teh same time to the point they got him confused as to what they gave back. A few too many ppl at one time on the case.. at least in Adil's situation.. kind of sounds like that for you too. im sure it will be fine.. and you will see the visa soon. Im sorry for the trouble..just keep hanging in there.. YOU WILL BE FINE AND HE WILL BE WITH YOU SOON!

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

It does sound unusual but if its anything like islamabad.. adil had like 2 or 3 guys handing him his papers back at teh same time to the point they got him confused as to what they gave back. A few too many ppl at one time on the case.. at least in Adil's situation.. kind of sounds like that for you too. im sure it will be fine.. and you will see the visa soon. Im sorry for the trouble..just keep hanging in there.. YOU WILL BE FINE AND HE WILL BE WITH YOU SOON!

I hope your words come true. Did you get any updates recently? I am waiting for the day we will all see the Post from you in big letters "AP OVER VISA ISSUED". I am praying for that day to come vey soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.