EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I received a letter from my Senator's office today. They emailed the embassy to ask why the embassy would ask for fresh documents and not issue the visa. The embassy replied that they asked for fresh documents so they could update the case file. The embassy wanted fresh documents so they could update their records.

I am very angry after reading this. They got my hopes up that we were finally going to get our visa in a short time. The embassy received our documents on April 25th and after that no work has been done on our case. So maybe that is why so many of us have sent fresh documents and haven't gotten out of AP. The embassy is updating their records.

carolynhotstuff they are just playing with us and with our fellings if they are not ready to issue the visa or if there intention is that keep the case in embassy for years and not working on it than why they are asking for the fresh documents its not free to get pcc or medical or mailing them everything they required,by doing this there intentions are clear that they are just playing with our fellings.please encourage every one that sign a letter and send it to MR RICHARD OLSON,so he must be aware that how his mission is working in islamabad,they are just wasting the precious time of our life keeping us far away from our spouses.i think they have no fellings for huminity they claim that they belive in huminity but they are just playing there politics.

Timeline

What are the embassy in islamabad doing if they are not working on our cases?

i think they are in pakistan and they are working like our pakistani police that if something happen today they will take the action on that after few years.so i think they are just enjoying the weather and food in islamabad coz no one is there to ask them....ALLAH will punish them hard beacuse they are doing wrong to us..

Timeline

Yes definitely we have to write to him. Its becoming hard just sitting and doing nothing. If nothing else atleast all this will give us some peace of mind that we are doing something. I also tried to find his email some while back ago but couldnt find anything. Carolyn has contacted the embassador before so she will probably have the info on contacting him via letter or so. As you said, cases have been frozen since march, so has ours sad.png I dont understand what exactly are they doing. I hope we all see progress soon.

SJ24 .yes its the time i know every one is active but we must have some one to lead and take quick action on this and make every one aware.we have to options 1)every one have to write there letter with the detail of there case 2)as mentioned by SOCCER PLAYER we have to write the letter and signed by everyone who is in AP.

in both cases we have to post letters on the same day i think posting all letter on the same day atleast it will record our protest,as MR AMBASSADOR will see all these letters and he might take some action(hope so).other thing is this we have to contact pakistani news channels and tell them our stories because media is independent and they will contact the embassy to find out the reason atleast peoples sitting in embassy might come into action...but for all these we all have to unite.for sending the letters to mr ambassador or contacting the pakistani media atleast we need 15 to 20 members minimum,iam repeating thats minimum requirement and the maximum will help much.

finally this is my personal opinion and suggestion if some one have objection or better plan i will welcome that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but please its the time please unite and fight for our right dont give them time for injustice please...waiting for your kind responses.....thanks for your time..

Timeline

Smart Idea!! I would recommend same letter in same format signed by US spouses and send to congressmans, senator, and white house!

Change needs to come from US! Power is here!

M and A .... totally agree with you.

Edited by virgo2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Embassy does not deal with Visa's.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Consulate's deal with Visa's.

Quite who is dealing with AP depends where it is in the process, various agencies involved.

Embassies are not involved.

My assumption is that it is extremely tedious to track things down in Pakistan, And that is why they are so slow, plus probably limited resources.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We, including myself, have been waiting for one another to start a petition. I know someone suggested that Mushashi do it (as he brought up the idea) but it seems unfair to dump it all on one person. That being said, here is my attempt at writing something close to a petition. I took the second paragraph from something Virgo posted in the other thread (plagiarism, yes). I couldn't find a way to paraphrase it as it echoed my exact sentiments. Can someone else do it?

My second concern is providing signatures for the petition. I'm afraid of giving my and my loved ones information on the Internet. Mushashi suggested that we would need 2500 signatures to grab the attention of a congressman. Is there a site for that? I found the "We The People" section on the White House website (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions) but it requires 100,000 signatures which seems....unrealistic? So any one have ideas of a legit site/way to do this?

Administrative processing is a term used to describe a visa application that has been set aside for further review by the embassy. Most administrative processing cases are resolved within 60 days after interview. However, the majority of the applicants in the Islamabad embassy of Pakistan have been waiting for months and years to get a response. During this long waiting period, the petitioner and beneficiary go through pain and suffer as there is no time frame, access to any information, or deadlines.

While the reasons of establishing such procedure is understandable, it seems inhumane to put people in the prison of time just because they want to travel to the United States-- mostly to add to economic or/and intellectual growth of the nation. It is thus evident that the US government, especially in the context of this problem, is yet to realize the delicate balance between securing borders and opening doors.

Please bring some transparency in this process to expedite it. Provide a clear explanation to the candidates that are put under admin processing. Give deadline as to when the visa will be issued along with access to more information.

Any suggestions?

Timeline

We, including myself, have been waiting for one another to start a petition. I know someone suggested that Mushashi do it (as he brought up the idea) but it seems unfair to dump it all on one person. That being said, here is my attempt at writing something close to a petition. I took the second paragraph from something Virgo posted in the other thread (plagiarism, yes). I couldn't find a way to paraphrase it as it echoed my exact sentiments. Can someone else do it?

My second concern is providing signatures for the petition. I'm afraid of giving my and my loved ones information on the Internet. Mushashi suggested that we would need 2500 signatures to grab the attention of a congressman. Is there a site for that? I found the "We The People" section on the White House website (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions) but it requires 100,000 signatures which seems....unrealistic? So any one have ideas of a legit site/way to do this?

Administrative processing is a term used to describe a visa application that has been set aside for further review by the embassy. Most administrative processing cases are resolved within 60 days after interview. However, the majority of the applicants in the Islamabad embassy of Pakistan have been waiting for months and years to get a response. During this long waiting period, the petitioner and beneficiary go through pain and suffer as there is no time frame, access to any information, or deadlines.

While the reasons of establishing such procedure is understandable, it seems inhumane to put people in the prison of time just because they want to travel to the United States-- mostly to add to economic or/and intellectual growth of the nation. It is thus evident that the US government, especially in the context of this problem, is yet to realize the delicate balance between securing borders and opening doors.

Please bring some transparency in this process to expedite it. Provide a clear explanation to the candidates that are put under admin processing. Give deadline as to when the visa will be issued along with access to more information.

Any suggestions?

This sounds really good. I like it how you keep it simple and to the point. I also think now is the best chance to grab congress's attention as they just passed the immigration reform for illegal immigrants. They make take interest in this matter as well. I'm currently pregnant with twins due in 5 days but I'm willing to help in anyway I can. I also believe we can get signatures by posting the link on Facebook. Does it have to be 100,000?
CvOzm4.png

Timeline

So just checked out the link and I believe the best thing to do would be to post the petition and then create a Facebook page where we can post our stories for people to read and request our friends etc to sign the petition. InshAllah we can do this.

CvOzm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Administrative processing is a term used to describe a visa application that has been set aside for further review by the embassy. Most administrative processing cases are resolved within 60-90 days after interview in most countries. However, the majority of the applicants (male & female) in the Islamabad embassy of Pakistan have been waiting for months and years to get a response. During this long waiting period, the petitioner and beneficiary go through pain and suffer as there is no time frame, access to any information, or deadlines. The relevant embassy does not provide any information except just one generic reply which only tells the applicant or the beneficiary that this case is still under administrative processing.

While the reasons of establishing such procedure is understandable, it seems inhumane and out of proportion to put people in the prison of time just because they want to travel to the United States-- mostly to be with their loved ones (Spousal visas), to add to economic or/and intellectual growth of the nation. It is thus evident that the US government, especially in the context of this problem, is yet to realize the delicate balance between securing borders and opening doors.

There is DHS - Ombudsman department to oversee the process if the USCIS takes longer than the usual given time frame but there is nobody to oversee the Administrative Processing. Please bring some transparency in this process to expedite it. Provide a clear explanation to the candidates that are put under admin processing. Give deadline as to when the visa will be issued along with access to more information.

Any suggestions?

First of all, Thank you for writing this. I could not have done it better. I have however, added some text in bold should you chose to accept it as part of the draft. When SoccerPlayer posted about the petition, I thought only 2,500 signatures were required but this 1,000,00 signatures is ridiculous however, I have seen one petition had around 1,470,xx signatures.

Once you approve the draft and post the petition, kindly post the link to that page here and I for one, will sign it, my wife will sign it. We will also share the link on our Facebook and will request our friends, friends of friends and the community to help us getting the signatures.

Here is another link below, I often get emails from here but to be a part of this community, one needs to donate as little as $5 or more. Apparently, this organization has been set by the President and he claims to be addressing the issues on grass-root level. (Organization For Action)

http://ofa.barackobama.com/immigration/

Edited by Musashii

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Any suggestions?

Good write up. I suggest : "Please bring some transparency into this legal immigration process and eliviate the large backlog within the FBI and other agencies handling the administrative process, security checks and background checks

to make it a fair and reasonable process..

You may want to share the petition with the sub-saharan and MENA regional forums and get more signatures including more countries/regions.

As to someone suggesting to write to the Ambassador, he can do nothing about it and his role is completely different.

USC must contact their congressmen and senators and besides writing letters go to their local offices to personally face to face address the petition/request to set in motion an interest in change of law and regulations. That will be an uphill battle, not a popular talking point and perhaps dismissed but we all need to try.

Our case was in AP for almost 17 months and then we were denied. That was in Cyprus, so no Arabic/muslim connection but still hell

to go through.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

For the sake of clarity all that 100,000 does is get you a response from some minion.

Timeline

For the sake of clarity all that 100,000 does is get you a response from some minion.

Stop raining on the parade. People waiting in ridiculously long APs with nothing to do on their case need hope that something productive can be done and a reason to be hopeful!

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Stop raining on the parade. People waiting in ridiculously long APs with nothing to do on their case need hope that something productive can be done and a reason to be hopeful!

One has to be realistic.

If you go to immigrate2us.net you will see that they have gone this route when the numbers required were much much lower.

No harm, but to suggest anything would come up of it is foolish.

If you really wanted to do something then you need a lobbyist and a very large bank role, it is the American way.

Edited by Boiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.