ryna

Green Card but no Welcome Letter?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife received her GC in the mail a week ago today but she never received a separate Welcome Letter like I've seen that others here have. The GC envelope had a 4 pg. pamphlet titled "Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants" and the sheet the GC was attached to, but nothing more. I'm thinking this is the only thing she'll receive since it has links to download the entire Welcome Guide from the internet and to a site called "www.welcometousa.gov"

Just want to be sure there's nothing in the Welcome Letter envelope of importance to fill out, send in, etc. (if it is still sent out separately, that is.)

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife received her GC in the mail a week ago today but she never received a separate Welcome Letter like I've seen that others here have. The GC envelope had a 4 pg. pamphlet titled "Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants" and the sheet the GC was attached to, but nothing more. I'm thinking this is the only thing she'll receive since it has links to download the entire Welcome Guide from the internet and to a site called "www.welcometousa.gov"

Just want to be sure there's nothing in the Welcome Letter envelope of importance to fill out, send in, etc. (if it is still sent out separately, that is.)

Congrats! My wife received here green card in the mail today...

As far as the welcome letter I don't see anything needed as far as sending something in but the back does say that in future correspondence a copy should be sent.. Probably not important. I've included a copy as an attachment of both sides here:

post-93893-0-50257400-1324011837_thumb.jpg

post-93893-0-17691800-1324011844_thumb.jpg

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Thanks. She certainly hasn't received anything that looks like an NOA. We'll wait a while longer to see if it arrives. The important thing is that the GC is here.:thumbs:

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Timeline

My mother received the same letter with a "welcome" booklet. Haven't received anything else.

I think the actual welcome NOA is mailed to people who did their AOS through CP. If the AOS is based in the US, you won't get the welcome NOA. At least I didn't get and the people I know.

09/03/15 - AOS mailed to Chicago

10/05/15 - RFE recvd

10/07/15 - Biometrics done, RFE sent

10/13/15 - Online status changed RFE under review

10/15/15 - 2nd RFE issued and mailed

11/18/15 - RFE response sent

12/03/15 - i765 Approved

12/10/15 - EAD recvd

12/17/15 - Interview is scheduled on Jan 21

01/21/16 - Approved/Card in production

01/28/16 - GC recvd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got a notice few days ago that my gc has been mailed to our address and I didn't receive any welcome letter yet :)

Our K1 Visa Timeline

AOS

08-30-2011 - AOS/EAD packet sent

09-12-2011 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD with 09-08 notice date

10-11-2011 - Biometrics appointment (appointment letter received on 09/19)

11-03-2011 - EAD card production request

11-14-2011 - EAD in the mail

12-08-2011 - Interview date (e-mail notification date 11/08) APPROVED!

12-13-2011 - Card production ordered

12-14-2011 - Card mailed to our address

12-17-2011 - Got gc in the mailbox! Valid until 12/13/2013 <wonderful christmas gift>

**No more USCIS for two years**

Timeline

Now that I read it more closely, it does seem like it applies to those who arrive in the U.S. with an immigrant visa and GC already approved and that those who entered on K-1s don't receive one after AOS.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

My wife and stepson entered on K-1 and K-2 visas, respectively, and we did not receive any welcome letters. We did receive the welcome pamphlet directing us to the USCIS website for the extensive welcome booklet/presentation.

Congratulations!

Joe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Now that I read it more closely, it does seem like it applies to those who arrive in the U.S. with an immigrant visa and GC already approved and that those who entered on K-1s don't receive one after AOS.

I received one and I AOSd from a K1 (though it was in 2010)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.