웃

CONSERVATIVE GROUP SAYS OVER 60 COMPANIES HAVE JOINED IN BOYCOTT OF ‘ALL-AMERICAN MUSLIM’

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

CONSERVATIVE GROUP SAYS OVER 60 COMPANIES HAVE JOINED IN BOYCOTT OF ‘ALL-AMERICAN MUSLIM’

As already reported on The Blaze, Lowe’s Home Improvement has pulled its sponsorship from TLC’s “All American Muslim” after a conservative group known as the Florida Family Association (FFA) emailed companies and asked them to do so.

The group said the program is “propaganda that riskily hides the Islamic agenda’s clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values.”

Now the group says Lowe’s isn’t the only company to pull its sponsorship from the controversial reality show.

“The conservative group claims that more than 60 companies that it emailed, from Amazon to McDonald’s, have also pulled adds from TLC‘s ’All-American Muslim,’” reports Business Insider.

However, Lowe’s is the only company to publicly confirm that it has withdrawn its sponsorship. If this is an indication that Lowe’s is the only company to pull its ads, and that the other companies contacted by the FFA haven’t, it could be a major PR nightmare for the home improvement giant.

“Lowe’s decision is controversial but understandable. As soon as the Florida Family Association put out a letter condemning the show, the home improvement store faced the possibility of a boycott by conservative Christians. Pulling the ads, Lowe’s risked outraging liberals,” writesBusiness Insider.

Branding expert Laura Ries said Lowe’s made two mistakes. The first was advertising during a show that could be construed as controversial. The second was pulling advertising too quickly.

“For a big national brand like Lowe’s, they’ve always got to be incredibly careful when advertising during any show that could be deemed controversial,” she said. “Will it seriously damage the brand in the long term? Probably not. But it is a serious punch in the stomach.”

“Indeed companies like McDonald’s may be taking the surreptitious way out right this moment,” notes Business Insider.

Overall, analysts said the furor is unlikely to damage Lowe’s brand in the long term.

“For a company that generates $50 billion in annual revenue, I don’t view this as something that will have a meaningful impact,” said

Morningstar analyst Peter Wahlstrom. “I‘m hopeful this blows over and I’m certain management is as well.”

Still, some worry Lowe’s decision could “hurt Muslims,” particularly those among the 150,000 to 200,000 who live in the Detroit area.

“Metro Detroit and Dearborn have been the focal point of a number of anti-Muslim movements,” said Dawud Walid, executive director of Council on American-Islamic Relations’ Michigan chapter. “There are organized forces in our society that want to marginalize American Muslims to the point where they don’t want to see any portrayals of Muslims that regular Americans can connect to.”

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Here's a teenage gal from Morroco who once dated the Prime Minister of Italy. She's not overly conservative and she looks cool. She even has a cool Arab name; Karima El Mahroug

Mahroug-1_1803513i.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Kip, you do realize that you ironically just made the point of why some women choose to cover up. Not everyone is open to a creepy late 40's old man skeeving over pics of them. Judging how this woman dressed, I would assume she wants the attention. See the difference?

Edited by The_Dude

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Muslim consumers are worth 70 billion dollars in this economy. We are better educated than most Americans, have lots of disposable income, and operate in some unexpectedly high places. If these companies think we can be marginalized, they're not doing their due diligence. We are far more politically savvy than most believe us to be.

Some are smarter than others. I pretty much live at Best Buy lol.

Edited by Sofiyya

Kip, you do realize that you ironically just made the point of why some women choose to cover up. Not everyone is open to a creepy late 40's old man skeeving over pics of them. Judging how this woman dressed, I would assume she wants the attention. See the difference?

Actually that gal was dating a 74 year old man. And like they say; "Show it if you got it."

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

I watched two episodes of the show and found it interesting. I don't remember names of the families but the one guy who is the football coach seems very dedicated to his team, one of the families who had a sister marry a guy who wasn't Muslim was a bit OTT for me. They all seemed happy, normal, and like they loved their families.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

Muslim consumers are worth 70 billion dollars in this economy. We are better educated than most Americans, have lots of disposable income, and operate in some unexpectedly high places. If these companies think we can be marginalized, they're not doing their due diligence. We are far more politically savvy than most believe us to be.

While 70 billion is a large number, a better figure to cite would be what that contribution is in relation to the religious right...... I imagine they spend more on french fries than 70 billion. So I can at least understand why Loews made that decision even if I don't like it. I wish I could say "well, these people preach hatred, which is not a part of christianity, so they are not christians".

Timeline

I don't watch much TV and have never heard of this show and seen it before. I did some Google searches and nothing I read has said anything that would show this series to be harmful or dangerous and in fact the opposite.

'All-American Muslim' sells out, despite Lowe's withdrawal

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Ad time for next Sunday's "All-American Muslim" episode is apparently sold out, despite Lowe's decision to pull its commercials from the TLC reality series, a TLC network spokeswoman said.

Hip hop mogul Russell Simmons announced his intentions Monday to buy up any unsold commercial time on the controversial show in response to the withdrawal of the home improvement giant. He would use the ads to promote his prepaid Visa "Rush Card," he said.

"He has tried to buy," TLC's Laurie Goldberg told CNN in an e-mail Tuesday. "We are checking inventory. Still don't know on that one. I do think it was already sold out, but still checking."

If any ad time is left, Simmons said he was standing by to take it.

Simmons' website posted a statement Tuesday saying "TLC has announced that Rush Card will not be able to purchase the remaining ad space as they have all been sold out."

Lowe's pulls ads from Muslim TV show"All-American Muslim" is an eight-part series that follows five Muslim families living in Dearborn, Michigan.

"Each episode offers an intimate look at the customs and celebrations, misconceptions and conflicts these families face outside and within their own community," TLC said in the show's description.

The controversy, and Lowe's decision to pull their spots, followed a complaint by the Florida Family Association. The group warned Lowe's in a letter that the show "is attempting to manipulate Americans into ignoring the threat of jihad and to influence them to believe that being concerned about the jihad threat would somehow victimize these nice people in this show."

Lowe's, a national home improvement chain, defended its decision in a statement to CNN last Saturday.

"Lowe's has received a significant amount of communication on this program, from every perspective possible," the company said. "Individuals and groups have strong political and societal views on this topic, and this program became a lightning rod for many of those views. As a result we did pull our advertising on this program."

Simmons, who is an outspoken social activist, sent a series of Twitter messages over the last several days urging Lowe's to reverse its decision:

"Dear @Lowes, we got over 21k signatures standing up against ur poor decision. Do right thing: apologize & put $ back in #AllAmericanMuslim"

Simmons called the controversy "a press nightmare" for Lowe's in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

"This country is built on religious freedom," he said. "This is the kind of hate that tears this country apart."

thats why i'm having a hard time believing these companies are publicly stating they're not interested in advertising during this program.....just don't advertise & don't PO X # of people.

7yqZWFL.jpg

I watched two episodes of the show and found it interesting. I don't remember names of the families but the one guy who is the football coach seems very dedicated to his team, one of the families who had a sister marry a guy who wasn't Muslim was a bit OTT for me. They all seemed happy, normal, and like they loved their families.

No. Don't say that. You're ruining an entire worldview for some in just a few short sentences.

Timeline

This whole ordeal makes me wonder if they did any market research into what t.v. shows their target market views. Clearly, if they were advertising on the show before, then they wanted to expand and target an market they felt they were not getting enough business from. Their intent was to increase the number of Muslims who shopped at their stores, but to some evangelical Christians, that is offensive. To those people, I don't think they will be happy until there are no non-christians in this country. If anyone should be offended it should be Muslims who shop at Loews. From what I have heard and read, the t.v. show is trashy and not at all representative of mainstream Muslims in this country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Actually, my estimate of 70 billion was too low.

Lowe's: 3 Facts About The Muslim Consumer That Should Scare The ####### Out of You

2011 DECEMBER 12

$200 billion a year. Wow, that's a big number!

But it is only 1/70th of a $14 trillion economy. So practically 0 - nada - nilch - nothing!

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Let me get this straight... you can piss off a minority of Muslims (and liberal progressives) or you can tick off the good ol' boy conservatives.

Who buys more at Lowes?

When you think "do it yourself home improvement" does the target demographic of that show come to mind.... or the guys in pick-em-up trucks on their way to church?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"