CapeG

How do you deal with being apart from your partner?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just wondering how everyone else on here deals with being apart from there spouse or fiance?

If like me your relationship is mainly through email, phone, or instant message. Also like me you must fight right? I mean the distance gets to everyone at some point and the smallest thing that normally face to face you would just let go, well suddenly becomes WW3.

My husband and I have been fighting ALOT recently about the most stupid things, things if we were together we would let go without a doubt. As time goes on I am just finding it harder to let things go.

He seems to forget moving abroad is going to be MAJOR for me in leaving behind loved ones but he never mentions it, NEVER and now we are so close i think the realisation of what is happening is just adding huge pressure to how i feel about things.

How do you all cope with being apart?

I-130 Process

NOA2 Approval recieved in the mail - 08/09/06

I-129F Process - With new form!

NOA2 arrived in mail - 08/26/06

NVC For I-129F

Arrived at NVC and Case # assigned - 08/28/06

Case Sent to London - 08/31/06

Packet 3 arrived - 09/13/06

Packet 3 Sent - 09-14-06

Medical - 09-21-06

Recieved Police Certificate - 10-03-06 (Took 34 days)

Packet 4 arrived - 10-04-06

INTERVIEW - 10-18-06 -APPROVED!

POE - Boston - 10-25-06

AOS Process

Sent AOS - 01/09/07

NOA arrived in the mail - 01/22/07

Biometrics Appointment - 02/02/07

Recieved EAD card - 04/02/07

Applied for SSN - 04/06/07

Recieved SSN - 04/16/07

AOS Interview - 06/06/07 - APPROVED

Greencard recieved - 06/22/07

Petition to remove conditions

Sent I-751 package - 03/13/09

Notice date - 03/27/09

Biometrics appointment - 04/11/09

CRIS email saying card production ordered - 07/25/09

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We never fought...but sometimes there would be misunderstandings or things like that....

The only "fight" we've been in was so stupid...over clothes of all things :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg