neonmikey

I Hate to sound so pathetic

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this sounds pathetic and pitiful,but ever since i returned from seeing her last june i've been a complete mess, i cant sleep,i cant eat,i cant concentrate on my work,its gotten a little better in the last couple of weeks..but its day by day...one minute im crying because i miss her so much...and the next im happy thinking of what it will be like when shes finally here..ive always been a survivor..street smart..strong my whole life, but this is bringing me to my knees..i feel like im turning into a basket case..this is how i feel on the inside..but by the looks of me you would never know theres anything wrong. does anyone else feel this way?

july 2004 met online first time through a good friend

april 2006 reintroduced

may 2006 things start heating up

june 2006 fly to manila to meet her and propose

july filed 129f

aug 11 received csc

aug 17 noa1

oct 24 approved

oct 30 noa2 rec

nov13 recd nvc

nov21 lft nvc

nov24 recvd manila

feb 15 med exam

feb 22 interview

feb 22 approved

---------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

MY LOVED FIANCE FEELS THE SAME WAY..! WE HAVE TO BE STRONG MY FRIEND.. WAITING SO LONG WHEN U REALLY LOVE SOMEONE IS NOT EASY.. WE NEED TO FIND A SUPERIOR SOMETHING, TO KEEP OUR RELATIONSHIPS ALIVE..

GOOD LUCK, U LL SEE ALL THIS PASS, AS EVERYTHING DOES

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

AOS 1 APR 2007 .................................. DENIED

AOS 2 DEC 2007.................................. DENIED

WAIVER MAY 2008............................... DENIED

MOTION TO REOPEN JULY 2008............. GRANTED

AOS JUNE 2009 ................................... GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Yes, many of us feel that way. Try to force yourself to focus on other things in life......it takes a lot of

effort to do this because you don't feel like doing anything else but think of her, but if you can shift some energy into helping others you will feel better.

Look up organizations dealing with your SO's country and culture and voluneer to help less fortunate children and adults.

It is normal to grieve the separation.

This too shall pass. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Can relate completely..... almost the same symptoms.... I am trying to learn Mandarin to pass the time. Not going as well as I had planned. I keep thinking it would be easier with Ann as my tutor instead of the blasted computer.

07/05--------Met Ann in Taichung, Taiwan

01/28/06----Fell in love with Ann over Chinese Lunar New Year in Taichung Taiwan

02/12/06----Ann's birthday

02/26/06---- I leave Taichung amidst a trail of tears

04/06/06-----Ann comes to visit my family and I in NY

06/16/06-----I propose to Ann in Taichung- Happiest Day of my life (So Far!)

07/27/06---- I-129 Sent to Lawyers for review

07/31/06---- I-129F Forwarded to Vermont (let's hope things move along!)

08/04/06----NOA1

08/08/06----Touch

08/11/06----Snail mail receipt of NOA1

Sept 2006- NOTHING

09/27-10/11 Back in Taiwan with Ann, (leaving gets harder everytime)

10/16/06, 1830 Hours: NOA2 !!!!

Touched 10/17,18

10-20-06--- NVC Forwarded to Embassy!

10/26 Packet 3 in her hands!

11/3 Packet 3 sent back, waiting on interview date

11/9 Medical Done- Results back, NEXT STEP- INTERVIEW!!!!

12/5 POE: Detroit

12/22: She goes to SF to see "family", which was actually her other boyfriend.....

12/24: I learn the truth about her deceit and double life.

12/26: ICE, USCIS, and Buffalo Immigration notified- please note the delay was only due to the holiday and I did try to call as soon as I found out....

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

same experience my friend.....but the only difference is that we are married after knowing each other for eight months and had the most wonderful 64 days with her..........she had taken that much long leave from the job as we planned to have DCF after 60 days..........so i was devastated when she catched the flight back to usa..........but slowly i am recovering... just passing the time and talks thr webcam and phone daily in the morng and before going to sleep.......that way a ltl comforted at this time of loneliness............so just be strong........and by the way yours case will be approved fast.........amen

IR5- Mother CIS (mom currently residing in UAE)

Jan 10, 2011 NOA 1 receipt

***********GOT RFE since my birth certificate was made after 29 years.********

June 29, 2011 NOA 2

NVC-

NVC Case Number and IIN Received, E-mails Exchanged : 08-03-2011

DS-3032 E-mail sent by Beneficiary: 08-03-2011

DS 3032 approved 08/10/11

IV & AOS bill payed 08/12/11

NVC receivd AOS & IV package 09/12/11

AOS approved 09/22/11

GOT RFE .... 09/28/2011

now NVC wants to see my original marriage certificate and birth certificate.

Case Complete 10/11/2011 (NO interview in November or Dec@ ABU DHABI consulate )

VISA granted...... 1/24/2012 thank you JESUS

Filed: Timeline
I know this sounds pathetic and pitiful,but ever since i returned from seeing her last june i've been a complete mess, i cant sleep,i cant eat,i cant concentrate on my work,its gotten a little better in the last couple of weeks..but its day by day...one minute im crying because i miss her so much...and the next im happy thinking of what it will be like when shes finally here..ive always been a survivor..street smart..strong my whole life, but this is bringing me to my knees..i feel like im turning into a basket case..this is how i feel on the inside..but by the looks of me you would never know theres anything wrong. does anyone else feel this way?

What are you going to do when faced with a real problem?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hmmmm, another alter ego???

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=435165

hmmmm, another alter ego???

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=435165

Small and narrow minds think alike, what else can I say....

I hope the OP was just being dramatic to emphasize his point.

If David were reduced to being on his knees when I wasn't with him, I would be wondering what sort of married life I was agreeing to....

Sorry.... I understand missing someone, trust me. David's best friend just died and this has been a very difficult weekend to be apart, but life goes on and we will have be stronger for having been through all of this...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

I hope the OP was just being dramatic to emphasize his point.

Yes, I hope so too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
…. does anyone else feel this way?

Shheee yeah! To the Nth degree!

I was just going post a “hello we’re new here” when I came across your thread. This is a big issue in my mind to. The long distance relationship thing is mindnumbingly hard in and of itself. We want to be together so much, a little thing like being able to hold hands means the world when you are apart for so long.

Add to that being “processed” by a suspicious and slow-moving government office like we are criminals or something, and the manic-depressive pendulum really begins to swing. I sometimes feel just the way you describe and Joy does too. I think we have an entire forum of people who have all felt this it to one degree or another.

Well, maybe not those who find that being in love isn't dramatic. Best of luck to them in their incredibly composed marriages.

Anyway, the only thing for it is relentless hope. If today you cry, remember that you did laugh and that tomorrow you will again. If this hour is unbearable then hold tight to your love and the next hour will be easier to bear. Don’t give up, and try as hard as you can to capture every bit of happiness you can in the meantime. Be well friend. ~Asha

14 July 05 - "wow! now THAT is a first kiss"

23 March 06 - "let's get married!"

22 August 06 - "here we go, I129F for K1 to NSC today"

13 January 07 - "Visa in hand!!"

02 March 07 - Joy "I Do!" Judge "what about you?" Asha "Me Too!" Judge "OK then, you're married!!"

13 April 07 - "Uncle Sam, here's the papers."

21 June 07 - "application transferred to CSC, Yippie!"

07 July 07 - "why yes, that is a conditional Permanent Resident card in my hand!"

08 April 09 - will file to lift conditions

usaCa.gif

…. does anyone else feel this way?

Shheee yeah! To the Nth degree!

I was just going post a “hello we’re new here” when I came across your thread. This is a big issue in my mind to. The long distance relationship thing is mindnumbingly hard in and of itself. We want to be together so much, a little thing like being able to hold hands means the world when you are apart for so long.

Add to that being “processed” by a suspicious and slow-moving government office like we are criminals or something, and the manic-depressive pendulum really begins to swing. I sometimes feel just the way you describe and Joy does too. I think we have an entire forum of people who have all felt this it to one degree or another.

Well, maybe not those who find that being in love isn't dramatic. Best of luck to them in their incredibly composed marriages.

Anyway, the only thing for it is relentless hope. If today you cry, remember that you did laugh and that tomorrow you will again. If this hour is unbearable then hold tight to your love and the next hour will be easier to bear. Don’t give up, and try as hard as you can to capture every bit of happiness you can in the meantime. Be well friend. ~Asha

Nicely expressed. Welcome to VJ!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hang in there. Just remember its all worth it in the end. :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Just remember that when all this is over and you two are all old and sitting next to eachother you are going to laugh about how small of a time it was to get the visa compared to the time you will spend with the rest of your lives together. I can only wish you the best and hope that you find more hope, and find some hobbies and things to help you pass time. Take care (F)