juliekins

Is time and distance

40 posts in this topic

:( I ve been feeling sad lately..

its been since January since me and my fiance have not seen eachother... and we are still waiting for aproval from CSC. But I can feel how time is distance is getting us further and further apart.... this process is so hard... and i think he is about to give up... not being able to see eachother is so hard... I just wish we finaly get approved so this process can move further along. everyday that goes by we get more and more distant.

where is my NOA2? :crying:

Aug 2001- met in highschool in US

Feb 15 2006- sent I 129

Feb 17 2006- NOA1

Feb 23 2006- *touched*

April 1 2006- still waiting =(

July 10 2006- touched!!

July 11 2006- touched again!!!

July 24 2006- touched (RFE in email)

Aug. 7 2006- RFE in mail

Aug 15 2006- sent back RFE (the wait begins again)

Aug 26 2006- touched (RFE recieved)

Aug 28 2006- APPROVED!!!!!- after 192 days~!

Sep 3 2006- get NOA2 in snail mail

Sep 13 2006-NVC recieves case!!!

Sep 18 2006- NVC sents case to Embassy!!

Sep 21 2006- Embassy recieves!

Sep 27 2006- Embassy send interview packet!!

Nov 9 2006- Medical completed

Nov 20 2006- Interview APPROVED

Nov 22 2006- picking up my VISA

NOV 23 2006- leaving for ATLANTA

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmmmmmm....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

The time apart brought us closer together...you've got a ways to go though - so stay strong.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Fuzz speaks the truth. The distance is temporary, try to relax.

so, arijit how many of the similar threads like this topic, have you posted on through the years...?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

No one told me I was supposed to keep count :help:

[/quote

i just going to leave and go work now on that ###### house...peace and goodness juliekins...

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Fuzz may speak the truth but it takes work to maintain that intimacy that's so important in a relationship. David and I email begin and end each day with an email to each other, talk at least twice (using Skype), and text message throughout the day. I send him pictures of simple things, like my rhododendron when they bloomed... a new picture/frame that I hung on the wall... we talk about simple little details of the day.... and ask each other "what was the best part of your day? what was the worst? why?" to get to a better understanding of each other's feelings.

David just left after having been here for 4 weeks so we are preparing ourselves for a long time apart (until he gets his visa)... we've both been married before so we bought the book Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts and the workbooks that go with it. He took a book/workbook and I have a set... we are going to work through and discuss one chapter a month to help us stay connected.

There are other books you may want to consider, like The Hard Questions: 100 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Say "I Do" by Susan Piver (Amazon.com).... all in an effort to get past how much you miss each other, how many touches you didn't get this week, and what the weather is like...

Hang tough... if you love each other and want to be together, you have to put effort into more than just the process. Focusing on the marriage is infinitely more important than focusing on the wedding...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I find when I feel that drifting away feeling starting between we need to make time to just be together...on web cam or the phone. Just the 2 of us and to just be silly and in love and forget everything else. That really seems to rejuvenate us.

It is tough when you spend months and months apart, just do your best to try to make the distance go away if only for an hour or two.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

For us the distance gives us a chance to know each other better and better everyday. I hope all works out for you both (F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
true love always conquers no matter how far or how much time you are away

So true....if the relationship is meant to be it will work out. Our relationship was an LDR for two years....and it was so hard at times, being apart. Please hang in there dear....we all know how hard it is. Talk often...either by phone or online....that really helped us. Your VJ family is here for you too. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I think we have been through every emotion possible during our distance apart. We too have been away from each other since end of January. My friends keep saying "Girlllllllllllll, I don't know how you can do this. I definitely couldn't do it." And this is coming from women that live in the city and think New Jersey is a long distance relationship, HA!

But some how, each day, we get through it. I pray a lot and ask for strength. Unfortunately my fiance doesn't use email and doesn't have a picture phone. So everything is via calling cards and letters, the old fashioned way. Oh, and text messages.

Today my emotion of the day is upset with my fiance. Long story but if you look at my time line you will see why. But at the end of the day and the big picture, I love him. He loves me and we are on a ride from hell with this visa process. We have gotten to know each other a lot through our conversations. We talk about EVERYTHING. And just knowing that we both are going through this and we both are trying our best is what helps. You are not alone, just look at all these people on this forum!!!!

But I know that everyone also has their own feelings, struggles and fears. Just keep looking at the big picture and I try to think of this time now as a blessing. Because before I know it, my honey will be here, in my face 24/7 gibbering in his adorable Greek/English accent driving me nuts!!! HAhahaha!!!

I love the lyrics to the Eagles song "That peaceful easy feeling". I hum it and it calms me.

"Comes I'm all ready standing on the ground".

Bless you and your sweetie!!!!

(L)

Andreas & Bridgett

3dflagsdotcom_greec_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Kisses.jpg

January 29, 2006 - WE GOT ENGAGED!!

March 20, 2006- mail K-1 VISA (certified & return receipt).

March 22, 2006 - Vermont office receives our application.

March 23, 2006 - NOA1

March 24, 2006 - Check is cashed

April 22, 2006 - Receive email from USCIS that RFE is mailed for more information.

April 28, 2006 - Receive RFE in the mail. Need final divorce decree from Andreas.

June 20, 2006 - 2nd RFE (IMBRA)

June 23, 2006 - Received RFE (IMBRA) in the mail.

June 24, 2006 - FedEx IMBRA RFE to Vermont office.

June 27, 2006 - Vermont Office received IMBRA RFE.

July 3, 2006 - Touched

July 12, 2005 - Fedex request for extension for the 1st RFE.

July 17, 2006 - Deadline for 1st RFE.

July 18, 2006 - Touched

July 19, 2006 - Touched

July 20, 2006 - Touched

August 6, 2006 - Touched

August 17, 2006 - Touched and email that a letter has been sent with regards to RFE.

August 23, 2006 - Letter received, we got the extension I requested, they allowed us 3 MORE MONTHS!!!

October 27, 2006 - Papers mailed by courier from Athens.