lynn2018

previous application

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey guys!!! im here with Abedine in Morocco and LOVING IT!!! cant believe how fast time is going!! after going over some paperwork he felt to tell me a KEY point that he had not told me before!! :bonk: his ex filed for a k-1 application before and they had gotten approved up until the interview date. after he received the papers he didnt understand what exactly was going on and he canceled the application. she filed the papers without explaining to him things and he didnt know what the term "engaged, and fiance'" meant. now he is extremely worried it is going to effect how process... he still has the papers that they sent him but he never sent anything back. after he got these and canceled the papers his ex got very upset with him and he thinks that she spoke badly of him to the consulate... is this going to affect us guys?!?! we are taking things slow to make sure everything is done correctly the first time so hopefully things will go well. let me know what you guys think or know about this situation. :help:

hey guys!!! im here with Abedine in Morocco and LOVING IT!!! cant believe how fast time is going!! after going over some paperwork he felt to tell me a KEY point that he had not told me before!! :bonk: his ex filed for a k-1 application before and they had gotten approved up until the interview date. after he received the papers he didnt understand what exactly was going on and he canceled the application. she filed the papers without explaining to him things and he didnt know what the term "engaged, and fiance'" meant. now he is extremely worried it is going to effect how process... he still has the papers that they sent him but he never sent anything back. after he got these and canceled the papers his ex got very upset with him and he thinks that she spoke badly of him to the consulate... is this going to affect us guys?!?! we are taking things slow to make sure everything is done correctly the first time so hopefully things will go well. let me know what you guys think or know about this situation. :help:

Wait a second, did not he know his former girlfriend filed petition before? how come? It takes two to tango to do this.blink.gif.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds a little odd.

How long ago did this happen?

Might have to wait 2 years to file again.

He will have to explain this to the embassy during the interview.

Also, was he chatting with you while he was with her?

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

he speaks english well but doesnt read english well and apparently the girl gave him the paperwork ti fill out but didnt explain what came along with it... no i was not talking with him during this time, it was a while before he ever met me. it sounded very odd to me as well when he first told me and trust me i was pissed but after talking for a long time about it he clearly didnt fully understand what was going on with the paperwork. i had to explain to him what "engaged" and "fiance'" in america meant and the issues that go along with that when filing a K-1. its def slowed down some things for me because i still have questions but they would be questions i would have to ask his ex and i dont want to do that just because i am not her and our situation is not the same.

how come the 2 years? i am new to this as well and want to know all the corners and information before i start anything with our journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have heard the 2 year rule applied to when an american can apply for the next foreigner without getting into too much questioning. So, maybe it does not apply to a foreigner trying to apply for another visa within 2 years. But, I would just make sure he knows how to answer hard questions about it no matter how long. and make sure you know about the relationship also in case they ask you any questions.

Take Care

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

A couple thoughts right off the top of my head...

I'm pretty sure the beneficiary can not "cancel" the application. Only the petitioner can, if I'm not mistaken. So, there may be another instance where he wasn't exactly clear/honest with you.

Other thoughts - yes, it will likely hurt your chances, especially for a K1 in Morocco. Casa is a very tough consulate. If another fiance petitioned for him and then spoke negatively about him to the Casa consulate, that will be tough. Casa is tough in good circumstances, and a previous petition, cancelled, with the petitioner providing negative info to the consulate is not good.

Finally, good, bad, or indifferent, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a young male in Morocco who didn't have some concept of the different visas to the US, fiance visa included.

You may want to ask some of this in the MENA forum, as some people over there have dealt with Casa on tough situations.

Timeline

thanks guys for the help... after sitting down and speaking with him, i honestly dont think he knew or realized what he was getting into with his ex. she was alot older than him at the time, which may not make a difference by no means but she could have persuaded him in something. i hope that it will not interfere with our journey but if so we are willing to do what is right to make everything work, no matter the time. im fairly new to the site as well as the concept of the Visas, what is MENA? sorry if it is a stupid question... :(

Look on Visa Journey in the Regional Sections under Middle East / North Africa.

If his previous fiancé was much older than him that is a HUGE red flag in the Casa consulate. Having two US fiancés, both of whom petition for you to come to the US, is beyond huge red flag for Casa.

You mention that you are new to all of this & I don't mean this in a condascdndig way but please educate yourself about the situation, especially in Morocco.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks guys for the help... after sitting down and speaking with him, i honestly dont think he knew or realized what he was getting into with his ex. she was alot older than him at the time, which may not make a difference by no means but she could have persuaded him in something. i hope that it will not interfere with our journey but if so we are willing to do what is right to make everything work, no matter the time. im fairly new to the site as well as the concept of the Visas, what is MENA? sorry if it is a stupid question... :(

MENA stands for Middle East/North Africa..

It's not a stupid question to ask if you are uninformed. What Msheesha is skirting around out of politeness (which is shocking) is a concern that many women on VJ with MENA husbands/fiances will have for you - that he is not being totally honest with you, and is displaying a pattern of immigration related relationships. As you're about to find out, jumping into filing a K1 petition in Morocco is not something that an American woman commonly does without her Moroccan fiance having some involvement in it. And I can guarantee you, he knows more about the process than he's letting on to you- how to get to America is common conversation in Moroccan cafes among men of marrying age. I believe he is feigning ignorance with you, and you need to find out the truth about what happened with his ex before you take any further steps. If you confront him and accuse him of anything, he'll become crazy defensive and want to know who gave you these ideas.

All I'm saying is, do a little background about Moroccan men in general, your man specifically, and take good care of YOURSELF. This process is damn difficult in Morocco, and as others have said, your case is a doozy. Don't take a leap of faith on this one. Good luck.

Sarah

Edited by squeaky580

Timeline

Ok. Since you asked what we thoughtof the situation...... I think you are being lied to. I find it very hard to believe that he could have not known or that he didnt understand. He would have had to grow up under a rock there to not know. I think you will have a very hard time with an approval with those circumstances. But even more, you need to take a second look at your relationship for your own benefit. This is the first time I have ever said this to another vj member and I wish I thought I might be wrong. But im seeing blazing red flags and alarm bells are blaring. Im sorry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My thoughts are when filing for a K-1 visa both parties have to sign a intent to marry memorandum to send with the visa petition, a copy of his passport, the G325, his birth certificate. The memo clearly states that he is free to marry legally, that they met in the past two years, and that the visa is not submitted with any intent to commit fraud. Lastly that he agrees to marry her within 90 days of arrival in the US and provide two passport pics for the visa. How did all this happen and he did not know what "engaged" and "fiance" meant?

I am not trying to fuel doubt just explaining the process. You can petition him as you were not the one that petitioned him before. The rule is you have to wait 2 years before petitioning another person for immigration if you cancel one previously. That is still subject to the discretion of Homeland Security and USCIS my husband was issued a visa even though I had cancelled a previous visa petition within the 2 year timeframe. Ofcourse, my cancellation was for dissolution of the relationship. In my case as well, I provided information that implicated that gentlemen as a scammer. I did not have to say anything bad about him his emails worked against him. As previously stated Casa is a hard embassy under ideal circumstances much less if he has something noted against him.

Whether he was aware of the petition or not and what it entailed he better be ready to explain it at his interview. Now if you did not mention his previous petition on your petition that too can be viewed as withholding information or misrepresentation of information. First thing they will say is that he was caught lying to you. He is expected to know so much at the interview but how is it that his wife was not aware of a previous petition? I am sure what you are saying is accurate now getting the CO to believe him is a completely different story. He better be well versed in how to explain himself and you not knowing about it before you petitioned him for a visa.

The bad thing is that they do not allow you to attend the interview or they may ask that you both be interviewed separately to compare notes. This keeping it positive I had friends that were denied for less reasons. You need to explain the importance of the entire situation to your spouse and prepare him for what he can expect at the interview.

God bless and rooting for you both,

Timeline

Are you married or just contemplating filing the K-1 visa? You timeline and profile do not match so not sure if I gave you and accurate reply earlier. If you are not married as hard as accepting bad news it maybe a blessing in disguise. Take care of yourself and do some research I have been in your position and wish you the best outcome just look at things rationally not emotionally to make the best decisions.

Timeline

If it will get you the answers you need talk to his ex and ask to see his inboxes. It is perfect timing have him log into fb, yahoo etc. and give you free access. I am still friends with 3 of the women that visited my ex in Morocco. Look on the Casablanca website there is an entire post on scammers and people seeking a green card. I read that and the hair on my neck stood up. I still thank those ladies to this day for reaching out to me and my Network management experience helped me find out the truth. Ask him to take you to a cyber cafe and look around listen to the men talking to women all over the world there is a good reason why those places are always full until 4:00 a.m. Ask him how many of his friends have married Americans or foreigners good gage of what he knows.

If you ever need to talk feel free to contact me.

She is actually in Morocco now. I'm assuming staying with him and his family. And I believe it's the first time meeting. So I would recommend to the original poster that you continue to think about things, have a nice vacation & investigate things more fully when you get back. Perhaps investigating and debating the truth of what he is saying isn't the safest thing do alone in Morocco. But do go to the cafes, ask to see where he talks to you from. How did he meet his previous fiancé, the much older woman? Was it similar to the way he met you? Online?

Take in the info quietly and get home safely and then make final decisions when you're back home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Courtney. Summary. Keep your mouth shut. Go on and have fun with him but don't file yet. Overtime, learn more about this situation that you are in. It does sound like you are being manipulated and you are allowing it to happen. It happens a lot, to a lot of people all over the world and we all feel so stupid once we get taken advantage of for anything. Here is the key:

When you want to believe in someone, it is easy for them to lie and manipulate you. You want to believe and this is why it is easy for them. This is why they say "Love is Blind". Only someone from the side that cares about you could see better than you. When you meet someone new, you should always start out skeptical and wary and untrusting. Overtime, you can usually find out who people are but not too fast.

After you have been manipulated once, you wouldn't trust again so easy and that is when you can find the best relationships.

Don't believe what people tell you. Talk is cheap. These are good rules to find the right man to love... this is all the advice I have for you. Just be careful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.