mjlassi

I am so worried never seen this coming..

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi everyone- My husband had his interview Oct. 31 2011 the interviewer asked for skype records and pictures, the only thing missing from our packet was a marriage paper my husband ran and got it back to them within 2 hrs from his interview. The interviewer said that he had everything he needed and for my husband to come back that Thursday. When he came back they acted like they didn't know why he was there, in the end they told him he would be contacted by email. My husband received nothing from them so he emailed them asking about his case. He got a reply saying there was no record of his passport number or application. I called the embassy to ask about this and he say no we have everything. Your husband's case is on the consular's desk and is in administrative review. When I called the dept of state the lady told me don't worry your husband is approved is just a matter of time. I called the embassy and they told me they need to be sure of our relationship, I understand this but we gave them many document's proving our relationship. Now every time I call I get the he's in administrative review. My dad called and the man told him we put Atef's case on the top of the list he will get a call in the next few day's. It has been three day's and I call and I get the same bs of he is in administrative review #######. I ask how long will this take his interview was Oct. 31 the man told me this could take 4 week's up to a yr. and they will let us know by email when they make their decision. I don't know what kind of ####### they are doing to us! We had everything and did everything they told us. I sent them lot's of email's and call almost everyday and I get no real answer's. I don't understand what is going on, and I feel so sad. It would be ok for me to go to Tunisia and make our life there but I have 4 children here and this is the only reason we have to make our life in America. If anyone has a similar case or any advise please feel free to share with me, I am so heart broken and never seen this coming. I don't know what to tell my kid's they thought their step dad would be here by now and they don't understand the immigration stuff or even why we can only talk to their step dad on the internet. Everything we have done is for our children, I can't fail them and we need my husband here with us!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Calm down and stop calling so much.Your getting the same answer over and over again. And making yourself crazy when you have little control. Consulates can be a bit pricky at times. Most people in AP can wait a few weeks or a few months, but rarely longer. I would wait another week or so and then call and if the answer is the same, contact your local congressman to assist you. Just document everything, politely, in a letter and then try to visit in person. They all have offices that deal with immigration issues. Sometimes one letter from them ( and I went though this personally) is usually sufficient to cure the problem.

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Calm down and stop calling so much.Your getting the same answer over and over again. And making yourself crazy when you have little control. Consulates can be a bit pricky at times. Most people in AP can wait a few weeks or a few months, but rarely longer. I would wait another week or so and then call and if the answer is the same, contact your local congressman to assist you. Just document everything, politely, in a letter and then try to visit in person. They all have offices that deal with immigration issues. Sometimes one letter from them ( and I went though this personally) is usually sufficient to cure the problem.

Please keep us informed and I hope as is good soon. A Christmas wish for you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone- My husband had his interview Oct. 31 2011 the interviewer asked for skype records and pictures, the only thing missing from our packet was a marriage paper my husband ran and got it back to them within 2 hrs from his interview. The interviewer said that he had everything he needed and for my husband to come back that Thursday. When he came back they acted like they didn't know why he was there, in the end they told him he would be contacted by email. My husband received nothing from them so he emailed them asking about his case. He got a reply saying there was no record of his passport number or application. I called the embassy to ask about this and he say no we have everything. Your husband's case is on the consular's desk and is in administrative review. When I called the dept of state the lady told me don't worry your husband is approved is just a matter of time. I called the embassy and they told me they need to be sure of our relationship, I understand this but we gave them many document's proving our relationship. Now every time I call I get the he's in administrative review. My dad called and the man told him we put Atef's case on the top of the list he will get a call in the next few day's. It has been three day's and I call and I get the same bs of he is in administrative review #######. I ask how long will this take his interview was Oct. 31 the man told me this could take 4 week's up to a yr. and they will let us know by email when they make their decision. I don't know what kind of ####### they are doing to us! We had everything and did everything they told us. I sent them lot's of email's and call almost everyday and I get no real answer's. I don't understand what is going on, and I feel so sad. It would be ok for me to go to Tunisia and make our life there but I have 4 children here and this is the only reason we have to make our life in America. If anyone has a similar case or any advise please feel free to share with me, I am so heart broken and never seen this coming. I don't know what to tell my kid's they thought their step dad would be here by now and they don't understand the immigration stuff or even why we can only talk to their step dad on the internet. Everything we have done is for our children, I can't fail them and we need my husband here with us!

Hi! I know that this is frustrating but I can't emphasize ENOUGH not to lose your temper or continously bother them. Give it a little time. AP takes a little bit. Try to stay calm (I know it is hard) but, I fear you are going to keep pushing and cause them to "hold" up the case. They have done such things before so try to relax. It will happen. They have his passport? Then he's got it.

Met: 3/2010
Married: 1/12/11
Sent Paperwork to Chicago Lockbox: 4/16/2011
Received NOA1: 4/21/2011 (routed to California Service Center)
Received NOA2: 7/11/2011
NVC Receives case: 8/18/2011 (case number issued and acquired via phone inquiry)
NVC sends correspondence: 8/23/11
Change of Agent form sent: 8/23/11
Paid I-864 invoice: 8/23/11
I-864 invoice shows paid: 8/25/11
IV Invoice bill: 09/01/11
IV Invoice paid: 09/01/11
Mailed out Visa Package to NVC: 09/09/11
Received application acknowledgement confirmation from NVC: 09/16/11
Mailed out Affidavit of Support: 09/18/11
NVC received Affidavit of Support: 9/20/11
NVC Case Complete: 9/26/11
Interview Appointment Received: 10/6/11 (Interview scheduled for November 9th 2011)
Interview: 11/9/11 (pending)
Consulate calls Faisal and reschedules interview because of holiday closure: 10/27/11
New Interview Date: 11/22/11
Interview Status: APPROVED
Arrival in US: 12/21/11
POE: Miami
ARRIVED!!!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!
Received Green Card: 1/25/12
Received SS Card: 2/1/12
Faisal's first job: 2/15/12
Faisal's first day of school: 8/26/2012
Pregnant: 9/6/2012

It's a Girl!: 6/2/2013

Sent out Removal of conditions paperwork: 9/22/13

Received receipt from Homeland Security: 10/1/2013

event.png

Wow, I don't know what has been going on at the Embassy in Tunisia lately. I think there is another couple who interviewed in November going through a similar problem. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Please know that my husband and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping to hear good news from you soon.

10/16/2010 - Married
02/16/2011 - I-130 sent
02/18/2011 - I-130 received
02/22/2011 - NOA1
06/06/2011 - NOA2
06/24/2011 - NVC received
06/28/2011 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill
06/29/2011 - Emailed DS-3032 and paid I-864 bill
07/06/2011 - Emailed DS-3032 again
07/08/2011 - DS-3032 accepted and IV bill received
07/11/2011 - Paid IV bill
08/06/2011 - DS-230 sent to NVC
08/08/2011 - DS-230 received at NVC
08/10/2011 - I-864 sent to NVC
08/12/2011 - I-864 received at NVC
08/15/2011 - DS-230 entered into system, received false RFE on AVR for I-864
08/18/2011 - SIF & Case Complete
09/01/2011 - Interview date assigned
09/26/2011 - Medical Exam
10/24/2011 - Interview/Visa approved
10/28/2011 - Received Visa

11/11/2011 - POE SLC, UT
12/01/2011 - Welcome Letter and Receipt received from USCIS
12/06/2011 - Green Card received
12/20/2011 - Security Social Card received

09/19/2013 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

09/24/2013 - I-751 delivered to California Service Center

09/28/2013 - NOA received in mail, NOA date 09/24/2013

10/06/2013 - Biometrics Letter received in mail

10/15/2013 - Biometrics Appointment

12/30/2013 - Card production ordered

01/02/2014 - Card mailed

Timeline

Hi! I know that this is frustrating but I can't emphasize ENOUGH not to lose your temper or continously bother them. Give it a little time. AP takes a little bit. Try to stay calm (I know it is hard) but, I fear you are going to keep pushing and cause them to "hold" up the case. They have done such things before so try to relax. It will happen. They have his passport? Then he's got it.

[/qu

yes they kept his passport.. gave him a ticket and told him to come back on that Thursday, when they then told him we will contact you by email.. I am really scared and didn't know what to do.. I will give it some time and keep everyone posted thank you

Timeline

Thank you for your response... as everyone here know's immigration is a very scary process to endure.. I didn't see this coming at all thought for sure my husband would be approved and here by the holiday's.. Thank's Giving has passed and now we are coming to Christmas.. our one year anniversary is in Jan. and we really want to spend it together without a pc screen between us.. I keep praying soon we will get an answer :) and your right I was making myself crazy.. feeling a lot better today after a good day with my husband and reassurance from my vj friends thank's everyone :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just take a day at a time... call once a week on Fridays to DOS and get an update.. if you frequently call or email the embassy they may stop replying to you. We are almost 6 months of ap and in November I got my congressman involved. They too asked for another document.. it took about 5 weeks to put that document after the interview with the case and review it and we received teh news at that time they are moving our case forward and into name checks. That's where we have been since. I wish they could have simply run our name check gotten it back and worked up our case right then but unfortunatley it doesnt happen that way.

He gets in que for name checks then they run them once they are satisfied they put it back with the case and the co reviews it. All that takes time as there are literally thousands in the same process so while its frustrating waiting just know your case really truly isn't sitting and having nothing looked at. They are working behind the scenes and doing whatever they can to make sure he is eligible for the visa. Once everything is satisfied they can then issue the visa.

I know easier said than done but patience is truly needed and welcome during the ap time you have to endure.

Wishing you a speedy ap....

And do remb when you call DOS make a log of each persons name you speak with and exactly what they say. Sometimes if your lucky a pattern emerges.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Wow, I don't know what has been going on at the Embassy in Tunisia lately. I think there is another couple who interviewed in November going through a similar problem. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Please know that my husband and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping to hear good news from you soon.

Thank you so much your reply mean's so much to me we need all the prayer's with God all thing's are possible!

Timeline

Just take a day at a time... call once a week on Fridays to DOS and get an update.. if you frequently call or email the embassy they may stop replying to you. We are almost 6 months of ap and in November I got my congressman involved. They too asked for another document.. it took about 5 weeks to put that document after the interview with the case and review it and we received teh news at that time they are moving our case forward and into name checks. That's where we have been since. I wish they could have simply run our name check gotten it back and worked up our case right then but unfortunatley it doesnt happen that way.

He gets in que for name checks then they run them once they are satisfied they put it back with the case and the co reviews it. All that takes time as there are literally thousands in the same process so while its frustrating waiting just know your case really truly isn't sitting and having nothing looked at. They are working behind the scenes and doing whatever they can to make sure he is eligible for the visa. Once everything is satisfied they can then issue the visa.

I know easier said than done but patience is truly needed and welcome during the ap time you have to endure.

Wishing you a speedy ap....

And do remb when you call DOS make a log of each persons name you speak with and exactly what they say. Sometimes if your lucky a pattern emerges.

Thank you for your advice and sharing your experience with me! Talking to everyone has really helped me calm down and I am ready to be patient and deal with everything as it come's this just came as a big shock.. I heard so many good experiences with the Tunisia consulate I didn't expect this to happen.. I still don't understand it but I have given this to God and will accept what he bring's, in the end my family will alway's be together no matter what, we love each other and they can't take that away.. We have worked hard to show everyone we love each other.. having to prove to family, friends, co-worker's and the government our love.. and our love will conquer all :) I will take your advice and call on friday's and contact the local senate for help..

Timeline

I remember talking with you in the past.. Aslama sister how are you? smile.gif I tryed adding you as a friend I couldn't figure it out.. I'm sorry! Inchallah labes rose.gif

Thank you so much your reply mean's so much to me we need all the prayer's with God all thing's are possible!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i think 'the lesson here'

should be -

when one goes into a US Embassy -

the IV Unit -

Make sure of WHO yer talking to.

Clerks, those who are NOT US Citizens, are mostly clueless for 'what to do',

and really not give a horse's poo about why you are there.

Always ask for a Visa Officer. Remain there till ya get one.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.