Misha & Ira

Why did Google ignore Pearl Harbor day?

134 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Back it up a sec, Kim Philby. The Battle of Stalingrad was a mess and the Eastern Front was a disaster but to downplay the D-day invasion or fail to point out that the Russians wasted no energy in the Pacific theatre or North Africa is quite unfair. The elite forces of the Red Army showed up in Manchuria and Korea in August 1945 just to get their foot in. The Germans were impotent by the time the US showed up? Ever hear of The Battle of the Bulge? The blitz was Hell but if it wasn't for all the plants in the US and Canada as well as the covert operations, the Saxons would have made a return trip to Tower Bridge. The UK just grabbed all the coolies in every colony it could to defend King and Country, it even snookered the ANZAC forces and the Canadians into the shenanigans. Of course, despite the work of a military "genius" like Lord Mountbatten, somehow Germany lost. The Russians would just send people to the front, if they refused they were shot. That's reality, Comrade.

THIS BEARS REPEATING.

Back it up a sec, Kim Philby. The Battle of Stalingrad was a mess and the Eastern Front was a disaster but to downplay the D-day invasion or fail to point out that the Russians wasted no energy in the Pacific theatre or North Africa is quite unfair. The elite forces of the Red Army showed up in Manchuria and Korea in August 1945 just to get their foot in. The Germans were impotent by the time the US showed up? Ever hear of The Battle of the Bulge? The blitz was Hell but if it wasn't for all the plants in the US and Canada as well as the covert operations, the Saxons would have made a return trip to Tower Bridge. The UK just grabbed all the coolies in every colony it could to defend King and Country, it even snookered the ANZAC forces and the Canadians into the shenanigans. Of course, despite the work of a military "genius" like Lord Mountbatten, somehow Germany lost. The Russians would just send people to the front, if they refused they were shot. That's reality, Comrade.

SAY IT AGAIN, SAY IT AGAIN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It wasn't coolies flying spitfires

Battle of the bulge ? - what a pathetic little side-show. The Germans had no air force by then and as soon as the cloud lifted it was all over. The US is only any good when they have 100% air superiority.

The blitz was over before the US got into the war, and then when it was over, the yanks invited the SS officer who had invented the rockets to become a US Citizen - a certain Von Braun

Its like the UK inviting Osama to be a UK Citizen - what a slap in the face for the dead of the blitz

The Russians did win the war and John Wayne and Frank Sinatra and Errol Flynn tried to take the credit

The US had to crawl and plead with to the Russians to be allowed to come to Berlin and have a tiny piece of it

I note the usual american logic that anyone who gives the russians credit for anything is addressed as comrade and branded a communist

You will be telling me next that the russians were not first in space or that the americans were first to fly the atlantic

pathetic

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

On the 1st July, 1916 at the battle of the Somme, Britain took 60,000 casualties in one day.

Mostly before midday.

I think that puts Pearl Harbor into perspective

and 9-11

Yes, but they were Brits, and this is America.

Russia did win the war with some help from Britain via the conveys to Archangel and Murmansk

They lost 20 million dead.

The UK and US lost very small numbers

The Russians lost 250,000 taking just the city of Berlin

Whoever has the most die wins the war?!?! That's an odd way to pick the winner. :blink:

Timeline

Whoever has the most die wins the war?!?! That's an odd way to pick the winner. :blink:

Its an indication of the burden that was shouldered

If you need proof of who won the war, then why not say who was the first to over-run the enemies capitol city ?

No ?

Why not ?

As far as coolies re concerned, the coolies in vietnam killed 50,000 americans and serious damaged 500,000 more and then kicked them out of their country

Who won that war ?

Sylvester Stallone ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

On the other hand, Russians killed more of the German army than all other countries combined. I always found it silly to say one country won the war. So many variables. There's a popular essay question in modern history classes - would WW2 have been prevented if the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact hadn't been signed. You get very interesting answers for that question on both sides of the argument.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

I always found it silly to say one country won the war.

It's not silly at all. America, f'k yeah!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I cant think of one modern instance where the american military met an equal force and won

Even the revolutionary was was a French victory with more French troops than American troops at the final battle.

If it wast for the French, the Americans would still be speaking English

The south in the civil war were no match

Iraq - 25 million versus 300 million

Vietnam - the under dog won easily

Afghanistan - the poorest country on earth almost with a small population - 10 years and counting

Grenada - honestly ?

Panama honestly ?

Battle of the bulge - what a laugh - occupy Oakland would be tougher

However El Alamein was a dashed good show old fruit where Rommel got the full Monty and they didn't like it up 'em

El Alamein

moresheep400100.jpg

occupy Oakland would be tougher

Because Americans are armed.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

On the 1st July, 1916 at the battle of the Somme, Britain took 60,000 casualties in one day.

Mostly before midday.

I think that puts Pearl Harbor into perspective

and 9-11

It's not about how many casualties there were...it was a sneak attack on our shores. This is the USA, I have no issue with the British remembering their battles, in Britain.

Alan's post reminds me of something. Just a little warning,Ira. When your wife gets here, if you ever suggest that any one other than Russia won WW2, get ready for the biggest fight you could ever imagine.

My previous wife was also Russian...so I understand your warning perfectly. BTW, Misha is the diminutive for Michael...Irina (Ira) lives in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad, the site of the bloodiest battle in WW2). The picture labeled 'Mamayev Kurgan' was taken at the memorial site in Volgograd for this battle. There I laid flowers to commemorate the fallen. Interestingly enough, my mother and her parents emigrated from Germany in the middle of the 50's and her grandfather was sent to the Eastern front where he was never from or about again. My paternal grandfather fought in the Pacific. When I was growing up the memories of the war were a lot fresher than they are today and I spent a lot of time hearing about the different perspectives.

Russia did win the war with some help from Britain via the conveys to Archangel and Murmansk

Russia almost had it all wrapped up BEFORE D Day 6th June and the allies were scrambling to get to Berlin before the Russians - they failed miserably

The largest tank battle in history right up to today, was Kursk, and the Americans were ---- in England in the pubs swapping nylons for sex

The American version is a load of john wayne. They claim they saved Britain even though the Battle of Britain was in the summer of 1940 and the British won and Hitler gave up.

This was 4 years before the Americans arrived in Normandy on 6th june 1944 all kitted up with enormous resources and ready to mop up an already defeated and depleted adversary

This is because the Russian strategy was to throw their people into the battle without concern for casualties. While it proved ultimately successful, it cost an enormous amount of lives. The US did far more than you try to portray. I am a little perplexed at what feels like anti-Americanism from someone who emigrated here, especially from Britain where convoy after convoy was sent to help support Britain survive the onslaught. No one denies that Britain suffered heavily under the Blitz...but to say we did very little is downright nasty. Without our help, Britain would have been hard pressed to survive...to the point it may have gone the other way. Victory against the Axis was a very close thing.

You sound like my wife. Just kidding.

But seriously, a lot of people don't realize how horrific and brutal the war was on the eastern front. More than half of the German casualties of WW2 occurred on Russian soil. Still, until Germany invaded, the Russians were content to sit back and watch too.

Non-aggression pact? The dividing of Poland? They did more than just sit back and watch...they were on Gernamy's side for a while until Hitler betrayed the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.

Google is a global search engine. Perhaps not everyone is interested in remembering a battle between Japanese and Americans.

Maybe...but they seem to remember a lot of other events...the fourth of July even....not everyone in the world would be interested in that either.

Most importantly, it's a search engine. I use it to find things. I don't expect it to validate my emotions.

When I got to work, the flag was at half mast. It's not about validating 'my' emotions...it's about remembering and paying respect to those who fell in a sneak attack that drew us into WW2. How quickly we forget.

Well written and a perfect response.

It wasn't coolies flying spitfires

Battle of the bulge ? - what a pathetic little side-show. The Germans had no air force by then and as soon as the cloud lifted it was all over. The US is only any good when they have 100% air superiority.

The blitz was over before the US got into the war, and then when it was over, the yanks invited the SS officer who had invented the rockets to become a US Citizen - a certain Von Braun

Its like the UK inviting Osama to be a UK Citizen - what a slap in the face for the dead of the blitz

The Russians did win the war and John Wayne and Frank Sinatra and Errol Flynn tried to take the credit

The US had to crawl and plead with to the Russians to be allowed to come to Berlin and have a tiny piece of it

I note the usual american logic that anyone who gives the russians credit for anything is addressed as comrade and branded a communist

You will be telling me next that the russians were not first in space or that the americans were first to fly the atlantic

pathetic

You sir are an ingrate and poorly represent Britain. You should be thanking God that you have emigrated to a country that insituted in our bill of rights the freedom to speak freely to spout such lopsided and biased opinions.

Edited by Misha & Ira

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Russia almost had it all wrapped up BEFORE D Day 6th June and the allies were scrambling to get to Berlin before the Russians - they failed miserably

The largest tank battle in history right up to today, was Kursk, and the Americans were ---- in England in the pubs swapping nylons for sex

The American version is a load of john wayne. They claim they saved Britain even though the Battle of Britain was in the summer of 1940 and the British won and Hitler gave up.

This was 4 years before the Americans arrived in Normandy on 6th june 1944 all kitted up with enormous resources and ready to mop up an already defeated and depleted adversary

Good deal for the Brits that us Yanks were supplying them with materials along with us sending out our bombers on daylight bombing runs over Germany. All that and our navy was still kicking ####### in the Pacific while the Brits were using the Aussies as cannon fodder.

BTW do you know how the Germans got the fuel and materials to build those bombs they were dropping on England during the Blitz? From their #1 ally Joseph Stalin. If the Germans hand't turned against their ally aka USSR, England would have been in for the fight of her life.

In the end the Lend - Lease Act did it's job for us without losing too many casualties in Europe, and two bombs in Japan closed up that side of the job.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Because Americans are armed.

Word.

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Non-aggression pact? The dividing of Poland? They did more than just sit back and watch...they were on Gernamy's side for a while until Hitler betrayed the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.

That's true, the Russians weren't just watching the war. I meant they sat back and watched the Germans, or rather did not interfere with the German military. Since neither side intended to adhere to the non aggression pact in the long run, there will always be some debate as to how different the outcome of the war may have been if the Russians sided with the allies from the beginning.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

That's true, the Russians weren't just watching the war. I meant they sat back and watched the Germans, or rather did not interfere with the German military. Since neither side intended to adhere to the non aggression pact in the long run, there will always be some debate as to how different the outcome of the war may have been if the Russians sided with the allies from the beginning.

There's theory's on it, but the one I lean with is Stalin was waiting for Hitler to spend himself on the West so he could make his move Westward after everyone else was played out. He even gave Hitler a submarine base in Murmansk so that Hitler could avoid the Allied blockade of Germany. Either way Poland was going to be screwed. If the Poles hadn't been dicks to the Western Ukrainians and Belarusians in Western Belarus, Poland would have had more help at home. They (Poland) could have gave Western Ukraine and Western Belarus along with Vilnius it's freedom but Piduski was a greedy pr*ck.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."