34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Jihad is gay too.

"Achmed... is that a detonator in your trousers? Or just happy for the Paradise and white raisins?"

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Timeline

Ayyub Axel Koehler, the head of the Central Council of Muslims, one of Germany's largest Muslim groups, on Tuesday told the foreign press corps in Berlin he did not want to comment directly on the Idomeneo cancellation, but gave his general opinion on the issue:

"While we are absolutely in agreement with the need for a free press, free opinion and free arts, we also think that there are certain limits to those freedoms," he said. "If there are issues that most deeply hurt the feelings of believers, then one should be considerate, as it should be normal among civilized persons."

http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligen...26-024204-9106r

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jihad is gay too.

"Achmed... is that a detonator in your trousers? Or just happy for the Paradise and white raisins?"

oooo you are so gonna get a fatwah for that! :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thought it said OPRAH withdrawn over Islamist threat. Gotta slow down on my reading. :P

She's next.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Jihad is gay too.

:angry: now you done it..i am going to have to declare jihad on your Indian azz and drive to that hellhole state of new jersey... :lol:

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Jihad is gay too.

:angry: now you done it..i am going to have to declare jihad on your Indian azz and drive to that hellhole state of new jersey... :lol:

Dont do it man! Jersey aint worth drivin around in! you could end up in NYC :yes:

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jihad is gay too.

:lol::lol::lol: bring it on beeyotch

have nurse gimy standing by for another patient :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Jihad is gay too.

:lol::lol::lol: bring it on beeyotch

damn, where is my plastic explosive belt??...i think sanita has it on the bassett hound...arijit, can i have a rain check on the jihad??? :blush:

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Get rid of the Islamic extremists instead of the opera. They should be canceled! First Londonstan and now Berlinstan. Where will it end?

when the french islamist republic is consolidated.. down there in france is bad...

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline

Chancellor Angela Merkel urged Germans on Wednesday not to bow to fears of Islamic violence after a Berlin opera house canceled a Mozart work over concerns some scenes could enrage Muslims and pose a security risk.

"I think the cancellation was a mistake. I think self-censorship does not help us against people who want to practise violence in the name of Islam," she told reporters. "It makes no sense to retreat."

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Chancellor Angela Merkel urged Germans on Wednesday not to bow to fears of Islamic violence after a Berlin opera house canceled a Mozart work over concerns some scenes could enrage Muslims and pose a security risk.

"I think the cancellation was a mistake. I think self-censorship does not help us against people who want to practise violence in the name of Islam," she told reporters. "It makes no sense to retreat."

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22

I think its interesting that the German government has weighed in on this. While caving into a perceived threat is certainly less than desirable, the obvious question that immediately springs to mind is - if the Opera were to have gone ahead would the German law enforcement (and by extension the German Govt) prepared to step in to protect the performers? Is it an actors duty to risk their life by singing or performing in an opera?

This calls into question part of the current rhetoric over the "war on terror" - specifically that it is the duty of our governments to protect the values of western civilisation. Do they really have the political will to do so?

Something else I was reading was that the "Severed heads" are an addition to the opera specific to this production. Regardless of any perceived "offense", I would also ask whether or not this adds enough to the opera to justify its inclusion. Of course without seeing the opera and being familiar with the story its difficult to put forward a competant opinion. Incidentally, a number of German muslim groups are calling for the opera to be shown for precisely this reason.