Eesaan

So what happens to couples who don't get the visa???

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This question really should make couples make a back up plan.Just in case they dont get the visa.

It isnt promised and it shouldnt be the reason marriage is based on.

I believe most people here on Visa Journey have thought of all the possibilities of what could happen and several of them have been through hell. It isn't an easy road and quite frankly, I find it off-putting the insinuation that we don't have a clue as to what we are doing and somehow need to be advised about how to handle our personal lives.

That is what I find offensive about the above post. People on here who have been denied are still persevering and obviously believe in their relationships (which is between them, not some arbitrary person who wants to know their personal lives) and aren't going to be deterred by some idea that they might be marrying because of what has been said above.

I also think this journey is a very personal thing and people come here for support and advise about the process, not to be lectured to, and if the OP wants to be nice here, he might try to have more sensitivity to what people are going through here.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Is your name himher? I'm well aware of stupid street jargon like dude and FYI, now as for I how like to be addressed then dude isnt my name or my profile name.

Discuss the topic at hand,and stop worrying about silly side issues.

If you are well aware of such 'stupid' street jargon, you must be also aware of how presumptuous you come across to your American audience.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Exercising my newly and rediscovered english skills. Here is the trigger to wonder what your purpose is:

"11 years experience in Morocco" sounds like something from a resume

"I have seen many marriages between Americans and Morrocans (and arranged them too)" sounds like an advertisement for a service

Experience in arranging marriages and experience in Morroco along with a discussion of visa denial (and what appears to be no active case in process), intentionally or not, and taken in context, looks like a fishing expedition for what sounds like an advertised service.

The choices were nicely summarized for possible visa denial. Fight it out, relocate to the benificiary's country, or give up/separate and move on. Usually the couples who have something real and choose to fight it out eventually get their immigration benefits approved.

As to "mistreatment" of beneficiaries - scamming happens on both sides. Every story of a mistreated immigrant gets matched up with a story of a young guy who married an older woman and split as soon as the green card arrived in the mail. For every story like this there are far more stories of couples who get through this process and make a nice life together (stories like ours)

I responded to abdul and shayma(not you himher) the answer was in context to the question so no need for you to cut and paste and take my words out of context to insinuate I'm a scammer, I suggest you study english reading comprehension, but really since your in a muslim country or interact in one, you should reflect on this verse in the quran...Allah says:O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeed some suspicions are sins(Hujarat 49-12)...Stick to topic and offer advice ,that's what I'm here for

Dude - I actually do have need of your translation services. Could I get you to translate this article into something that makes sense?

I cannot quite get the link between the driving and homos. From your earlier comments I gather that you have expetise in the juristic aspect behind this driving thing and also it appears you have some knowledge on the other subject.

Work on this for awhile - then - come back and discuss visa processing with the successful among us. Thanks!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8930168/Allowing-women-drivers-in-Saudi-Arabia-will-be-end-of-virginity.html

Didnt say you were a scammer. Said you sound like one. Methinks you protest too much.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Timeline

I believe most people here on Visa Journey have thought of all the possibilities of what could happen and several of them have been through hell. It isn't an easy road and quite frankly, I find it off-putting the insinuation that we don't have a clue as to what we are doing and somehow need to be advised about how to handle our personal lives.

That is what I find offensive about the above post. People on here who have been denied are still persevering and obviously believe in their relationships (which is between them, not some arbitrary person who wants to know their personal lives) and aren't going to be deterred by some idea that they might be marrying because of what has been said above.

I also think this journey is a very personal thing and people come here for support and advise about the process, not to be lectured to, and if the OP wants to be nice here, he might try to have more sensitivity to what people are going through here.

Presumptuous ...hehehe I find offensive your ignorance, unless I say something directly in regards to you not having a clue or need advice or how to handle your personal life ,then any of this nonsense you assumed of me is nothing but an assumption. Now what I find contradictory, If your relationship is sooooooooooooooooooooooo personal what the heck are you on the a public forum,on the internet detailing your whole fiance fling( BTW which isnt squat in morocco) You want to diccuss this further pm me .Charles gave advice not to bicker but I guess you were so infatuated with answering an answer which wasnt for you, it actually who was for abdul and shayma they asked for more information because my profile is a bit vague so I answered them. I posted a valid question not my personal background ,only when it was requested of me.

Your words are not words of piety but of arrogance. In this and as per the Quran, suspicion is fairly earned for you

Which then is best? He that layeth his foundation on piety to Allah and His good pleasure? - or he that layeth his foundation on an undermined sand?

The foundation of those who so build is never free from suspicion and shakiness in their hearts, until their hearts are cut to pieces. And Allah is All-Knowing, Wise.

i don't get it.

Timeline

Presumptuous ...hehehe I find offensive your ignorance, unless I say something directly in regards to you not having a clue or need advice or how to handle your personal life ,then any of this nonsense you assumed of me is nothing but an assumption. Now what I find contradictory, If your relationship is sooooooooooooooooooooooo personal what the heck are you on the a public forum,on the internet detailing your whole fiance fling( BTW which isnt squat in morocco) You want to diccuss this further pm me .Charles gave advice not to bicker but I guess you were so infatuated with answering an answer which wasnt for you, it actually who was for abdul and shayma they asked for more information because my profile is a bit vague so I answered them. I posted a valid question not my personal background ,only when it was requested of me.

:wow:

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Timeline

Dude - I actually do have need of your translation services. Could I get you to translate this article into something that makes sense?

I cannot quite get the link between the driving and homos. From your earlier comments I gather that you have expetise in the juristic aspect behind this driving thing and also it appears you have some knowledge on the other subject.

Work on this for awhile - then - come back and discuss visa processing with the successful among us. Thanks!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8930168/Allowing-women-drivers-in-Saudi-Arabia-will-be-end-of-virginity.html

Didnt say you were a scammer. Said you sound like one. Methinks you protest too much.

Well we wont have a fruitful conversation until you learn english properly and then speak truthfully, as for driving in KSA it is jurisprudence of the ruler in KSA and a position with islamic proof the govt took,there are other positions and statements from other authentic scholars whom allow women to drive,but seriously I hope you arent attacking a religion which embodies morocco and indonesia.I've seen a lot of citizens imprisoned and foreigners removed from islamic countries or even banned to enter just because of mockery and insults and disrespect of someone else's religion,culture and lifestyle,and in the usa it can be categorized as a hate depending on what is said,so lets not play around on the internet,and let me remind you let's stick to the topic.If you want to open up a topic on "visa processing" proceed but as for me I wanted to discuss the pros and cons of the immigration visa and what I know of morocco.

I only responded and explained my background when abdul and shayma requested and explanation of my vague profile, it wasnt in the original post I posted,so let's stick to the topic

Edited by ihsaan

Timeline

Your words are not words of piety but of arrogance. In this and as per the Quran, suspicion is fairly earned for you

Which then is best? He that layeth his foundation on piety to Allah and His good pleasure? - or he that layeth his foundation on an undermined sand?

The foundation of those who so build is never free from suspicion and shakiness in their hearts, until their hearts are cut to pieces. And Allah is All-Knowing, Wise.

loool so you now your explaining the quran with what? Is this a verse in the quran you've quoted-typed? Will you give up cut and paste? lol

Arrogance or is it that you dont have a proper command of the english language and now you want to dabble into quranic studies which you've replied to me with something totally irrelevant..Come on stop playing on the internet.

Timeline

Thats what the Quran says.

Now for some fun: As to the imprisonment and banning I've seen even cooler things. I've seen people who threatened Americans, overseas or not, hunted to extinction and that makes for way better TV than jailing some raggedy morrocan villagers.

Here's some good english:

....I've seen a lot of citizens imprisoned and foreigners removed from islamic countries or even banned to enter just because of mockery and insults and disrespect of someone else's religion,culture and lifestyle,and in the usa it can be categorized as a hate depending on what is said....

(laughing) There's no such thing as "a hate" As to the news story I didn't write that article. Take it up with the brits if you think it sounds critical or if it hurt your little weenie feelings to the point that you can barely write.

as a hate crime* Pardon me

Personal attacks and baiting are violations of the VJ TOS. I have removed one post containing an attack. Further baiting or attacks will result in administrative action.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as i've issued a previous warning, one member's access to this thread has been revoked due to repeated baiting.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

oops, deleted...didn't read the post from Charles first.

Is your name himher? I'm well aware of stupid street jargon like dude and FYI, now as for I how like to be addressed then dude isnt my name or my profile name.

Discuss the topic at hand,and stop worrying about silly side issues.

Edited by Lisamarie

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well silverberry1331 your profile looks like you and husband our a happy couple...but your new to the game and I can say you dont know morocco too well, so relax maybe you get some get some pointers.Me being a researcher has nothing to do with the discussion. you read my profile and went the wrong direction, like the man who intended to head to the west, but was heading south.

You don't know anything about me aside from the tiny blurb here on VJ about my life. However, you spoke about being a researcher in your above post. I have no problem asking for 'pointers' when I need them. When I do, I tend not to ask from people who initiate a post then jibe at people's english because they are asked who they are. Although I believe your intentions are innocent and agree that it is an important topic, as a Moroccan expert you must be aware that some people don't have good intentions when it comes to asking sensitive questions about visa issues--thus people ask them to identify themselves.

Just saying...

Met: 3/2010
Married: 1/12/11
Sent Paperwork to Chicago Lockbox: 4/16/2011
Received NOA1: 4/21/2011 (routed to California Service Center)
Received NOA2: 7/11/2011
NVC Receives case: 8/18/2011 (case number issued and acquired via phone inquiry)
NVC sends correspondence: 8/23/11
Change of Agent form sent: 8/23/11
Paid I-864 invoice: 8/23/11
I-864 invoice shows paid: 8/25/11
IV Invoice bill: 09/01/11
IV Invoice paid: 09/01/11
Mailed out Visa Package to NVC: 09/09/11
Received application acknowledgement confirmation from NVC: 09/16/11
Mailed out Affidavit of Support: 09/18/11
NVC received Affidavit of Support: 9/20/11
NVC Case Complete: 9/26/11
Interview Appointment Received: 10/6/11 (Interview scheduled for November 9th 2011)
Interview: 11/9/11 (pending)
Consulate calls Faisal and reschedules interview because of holiday closure: 10/27/11
New Interview Date: 11/22/11
Interview Status: APPROVED
Arrival in US: 12/21/11
POE: Miami
ARRIVED!!!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!
Received Green Card: 1/25/12
Received SS Card: 2/1/12
Faisal's first job: 2/15/12
Faisal's first day of school: 8/26/2012
Pregnant: 9/6/2012

It's a Girl!: 6/2/2013

Sent out Removal of conditions paperwork: 9/22/13

Received receipt from Homeland Security: 10/1/2013

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.