Misha & Ira

K1 Visa Approved!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Before the interview I called Ira to see how she was...she was standing in line at 7:30am in a mix of rain and snow...she estimated about 100 people in line with her...we didn't speak for long as Ira's hands became quickly cold holding the phone...for two hours and forty-five minutes I waited a little nervously to hear the result of the interview...I popped in a movie to pass the time...I braced myself for the worst...

...at 10:45am local time I heard from Ira again...she was giggling a little when she told me....

VISA Approved!!!

She told me her interview was 2, maybe 3 minutes long. The consul was friendly and he had greeted her with a smile. He asked her for her language preference for the interview...she asked for Russian. (I had tried to convince her to try it in English as she has progressed very quickly and I felt she would be more than capable to answer the questions they had...but she has been a little shy to use the English that she has been studying with me and on her own and insisted that she would rather have a longer interview in a language she understood perfectly than to possibly make mistakes in a language she felt uncomfortable with). The consul obliged her and asked her how we had met...how many times had I been married.....where did I work...and then he pulled out a copy of our Skype chats...we write to each other either when the other is sleeping or on subjects that are beyond our language skills (I speak a little Russian) and we use Google translate. He asked her how do we communicate? She told him my previous spouse was a Russian woman and I had learned a bit of Russian and she had been learning a bit of English. (When I met her she spoke very little English) He said, "Oh really? Let's see" and he switched to English on her and asked her how many times I had come to see her...which she readily answered. He then asked her what we did while I was there...again in English....and to her amazement, the sentences started to roll from her tongue...she described each time we had met and the things we had done and by the time she got to our last meeting in September he stopped her, smiled and told her that her visa was approved. She told me that was a little disappointed that he stopped as she much more to say. :)

She then asked about her son who she wants to keep in school there until mid June...with a six month expiration on the K visas, she did not want the clock to start until at least the end of December. They told her not a problem, they would hold his passport and issue his visa then. She had been worried that he would have to go to another interview...which would have been problematic for various reasons.

She also told me that there were 6 women applying for K1 visas...she was the 5th to be interviewed. She said that two of the girls were given 221gs, one for more proof of relationship and the other for missing financial supporting documents.

A big Thank You to the Visa Journey veterans for the information to put together a good I-129f petition package and advice for what she should take to the interview. We both went above and beyond what was required...I with front-loading the petition and her with putting a 3 inch thick portfolio and a sack full of pictures. Of that pile of documents that she brought, she only showed one page (Aside from the required forms) her profile from the site we met on.

I am a happy man today...and poor Ira is dead tired and taking an 18 hour train ride back to Volgograd...her choice...she doesn't like to fly.

The next big date is when I fly over there on the 22nd to spend the holidays with her and her family before we start 2012 fresh and together, God willing.

Thanks be to Him for bringing us together.

“Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!”

1 Chronicles 16:8

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Waoh..Congrat..what a pleasant wait

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Timeline

Great news, Im truly happy for you guys. My Tatiana will be enduring the same trip in 30 days with our 2 month old son in this Russian weather. I pray the same fate for us as it was for you. Congrats once again.

Yozhik

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations!Now that`s the best Christmas gift ,isn`t it?Good luck!

03/25/2005- got married

USCIS

03/25/2011- I-130 sent in

03/26/2011- NOA-1

09/20/2011- Service Request

09/28/2011- Service Request Reply(extensive background check,allow 6 months...blah-blah..)

10/07/2011- RFE(4 pages)

11/15/2011- RFE reply sent back to USCIS

12/05/2011- reply for RFE showed up in the system (took them 20 days to locate and input in the system...lucky us...)

01/11/2012- NOA2(urrrrraaaaa!!!!)

NVC

01/23/2012-case received(took 12 days...waiting for the case #)

01/27/2012-case # received(but wrong Embassy assigned...has to change)

02/01/2012-invoices are e-mailed to both of us by NVC

02/07/2012-invoices are paid(had to wait due to the wrong assignment of the embassy )

02/14/2012-both packgs are sent in

02/29/2012-checklist for a missing copy of passport(not missing in reality,but either wait 20 days for a review or send it in again,so we sent it in...)

03/09/2012-case complete( could have taken less ,but well..who cares it is complete now!!!)

Timeline

She is indeed the best gift....and in time for Christmas (her son's b'day is the 25th :) ). Thank you all for your kind words.

Good luck to you and Tanya, Yozhik!

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.