samira_07

Date Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay quick question, it stated in the information the following:

-has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence (see preceding section);

-has resided continuously as a lawful permanent resident in the U.S. for at least 5 years prior to filing with no single absence from the United States of more than one year;

I guess my question is since my DH came on K3 he was admitted a year before he received his permanent resident status, but the purpose of the K3 is to admitted for permanent residence. I could be wrong but was wondering which date do we go by to file for naturalization. Also, how many months before your 3 year anniversary can you file, 3 or 6? Clearly if it was the earlier time we are way pass 3 years so we predict the answer to be the latter but want to make sure. Thanks so much!

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

File no earlier than 90 days prior to the 3 year anniversary of being a green card holder. From your signature GC issue date was 7/23/09. Can file no earlier than 4/24/2012.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Its the "resident since" date that tells you how long he's been a permanent resident. he can apply for N-400 90 days before the 3 year anniversary of being an LPR. Must have been married 3 years as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.