4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I came to the U.S. on the 26th of October to get married to my fiancee Our wedding date is set for Thursday of next week.

My fiancee was going over the I-485 form today as she always likes to do things ahead of time and noticed that we need a letter of approval for our K-1 petition. The problem is that we really don't think that we ever GOT one. We've completed most of the process as obviously everything said I was approved, but now we're both very concerned.

We plan on going through our papers tomorrow as we're not staying at home tonight, and if we can't find it, calling the customer service number that was provided to us when our application was approved.

My fiancee is really worried and upset about all this. Money isn't an issue, we'd be okay paying for another one, but she's worried that we'll have to be separated or worse if we don't get another copy by the time that my I-94 expires.

She was living with me in Sweden at the time that we filed so we assume it would have been sent to where we were both staying, in Sweden, but the problem is we really really don't remember getting one. We both have less-than-perfect memory so I'm hoping that it's just a case of out of sight, out of mind.

Does she really have any reason to worry? Has anyone had experience with this particular problem or been in my shoes before? Is there a chance that we will be separated?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the clock is between:

day of entry into USA

and

Date of Marriage.

If it was less than 90 days, don't fret .

There is no reg, nothing in 9FAM that says you MUST file the AOS within 90 days.

However, you must get married within those 90 days.

You've done that, already, so the rest of it is mostly easy

except

ya don't have the NOA-2. Order one, soonish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

First no, don't worry. You won't be separated. BUT you might end up spending more money that you normally would have to.

What US address did you put on the forms? What address did you get the receipt at?

What documents DO you have? The NOA2 is the petition approval notice. Do you have the NVC letter? The one that has the case number on it?

If you don't have anything then your last resort is to pay the money for a replacement. Something like $400. Are you sure you don't have a scanned copy or photocopy somewhere?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We're going to check our papers tomorrow. Thank you so much for the reassurance. We lived together and worked together in Sweden and because we're used to spending most of our time together, it's just really difficult for us to picture being apart although I think she takes it much harder than I do. We'll update with what we DO have. I know that I gave everything immigration related that I ever recieved to my fiancee, and knowing her, she still has it. She's a meticulous record keeper which has been a godsend through this whole process, haha.

Will update tomorrow with what we DO have. :)

And we're going to try to avoid spending the money but if we do have to spend it, it's no issue. We've both saved quite a bit in anticipation for unexpected fees as well as the expected ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.