LeeAnna

SCARS! I NEED THOUGHTS PLEASE!

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's called "journey"! Ride the wave and see where it takes you.

We often stress over the issues that matter the least. If you read the timelines of others who had depression or bipolar you can see they were approved. Have faith! I wish you peace!

Yes, i couldn't agree more. you are right. i guess the only thing i can say to myself now is hush dont worry. you are bipolar and u will be approved. haha. im sorry, im just really depressed and i just wanna laugh a little. But thank you for the encouragement! God be with you!

Timeline

hi sis, i heard lots of filipina that has same case as you have, what they do at St.lukes they will make you do the psychiatric evaluation to complete your medical, don't worry, everything will be ok, i have 11 scars on my left wrist and i am worried too, but i have to face and deal with it... it will take more days, usually medical here in the Philippines only takes 2 days to get the result, if they will send you for psychiatric evaluation you have to wait if when they are going to give schedule, one of my friend got her medical result in over 10 days because she had to do the evaluation... but now she is now in U.S :), i know you will be fine don't be too nervous...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! this is such a relief. yes, i have been hearing about the psych evaluation, and im really looking forward to taking them. i can only hope for the best. wow, so you have scars too. dont worry, we will be fine! even better! God is with us. He helped me become better in the last couple of months, and im sure he will be with me all the way. thank you, really, i wont worry too much (at least try not to) :D

Timeline

THANK YOU SO MUCH! this is such a relief. yes, i have been hearing about the psych evaluation, and im really looking forward to taking them. i can only hope for the best. wow, so you have scars too. dont worry, we will be fine! even better! God is with us. He helped me become better in the last couple of months, and im sure he will be with me all the way. thank you, really, i wont worry too much (at least try not to) :D

hahah you're right sis, the 11 scars are from attempted suicide, i did it in one nite, now i really regret why i did it, i was so worried before LOL, but now i feel better... whew! i was becoming paranoid heheh, i got a lot of scar medicines and exfoliate and did bleaching :rofl: good luck to all of us sis, i know you will be fine, we will be fine :)

Timeline

hahah you're right sis, the 11 scars are from attempted suicide, i did it in one nite, now i really regret why i did it, i was so worried before LOL, but now i feel better... whew! i was becoming paranoid heheh, i got a lot of scar medicines and exfoliate and did bleaching :rofl: good luck to all of us sis, i know you will be fine, we will be fine :)

haha! jesus, i also did the same thing: bleaching and sebo de macho LOL! i was thinking of skin branding before, but nah, i changed my mind, it will even be more obvious that im trying to hide something. was also thinking of derma, but i heard even a few sessions wont remove my keloids, mine is pretty bad kasi tlga. yea, im going paranoid as well. haha. but, let's just wait and see what happens! :D i agree, we will be fine.

Timeline

hi girls! i have mine too but not too serious, just one & had stitches on it. my question is should i get a letter from a psychiatrist now while waiting for noa2? & how would the psychiatrist know that i'm doin good now since i did suicide for the past 13 yrs? should i undergo for some tests or something or he'll just ask me a few questions for that day & give me a letter right away?

Timeline

hi girls! i have mine too but not too serious, just one & had stitches on it. my question is should i get a letter from a psychiatrist now while waiting for noa2? & how would the psychiatrist know that i'm doin good now since i did suicide for the past 13 yrs? should i undergo for some tests or something or he'll just ask me a few questions for that day & give me a letter right away?

so its been 13 yrs since u did that? i guess ull be ok, you haven't seen a psych since that happened? in my own opinion since it has been 13 yrs and u only did it once then i guess ur ok. but just to make sure i think u should see one. yea, and have a few sessions while waiting for ur noa2, ive been to a few sessions myself so my doctor was able to see me progress and i really changed a lot since i started taking meds. i think ull have to discuss that with ur psych if he/she will release a letter on one meeting, coz i dont see how he/she can make a diagnosis on such short period of time. but no harm in trying. i am waiting for my noa2 and i discussed my problems with my shrink, (bout the visa) she said it will be ok. im planning to ask a letter off hers on our next mtg. talk to ur shrink about it.

Timeline

so its been 13 yrs since u did that? i guess ull be ok, you haven't seen a psych since that happened? in my own opinion since it has been 13 yrs and u only did it once then i guess ur ok. but just to make sure i think u should see one. yea, and have a few sessions while waiting for ur noa2, ive been to a few sessions myself so my doctor was able to see me progress and i really changed a lot since i started taking meds. i think ull have to discuss that with ur psych if he/she will release a letter on one meeting, coz i dont see how he/she can make a diagnosis on such short period of time. but no harm in trying. i am waiting for my noa2 and i discussed my problems with my shrink, (bout the visa) she said it will be ok. im planning to ask a letter off hers on our next mtg. talk to ur shrink about it.

yes 13 yrs ago & i didn't see a psychiatrist neither took some meds bc me & my parents knew that i'll be fine & we're right! i never had an attempt until now :) you're definitely right, i must see a doctor just to be sure that SLEC won't doubt on me even if it's a long time ago already. well i think yours will be fine though, they would be more considerate on your situation that's why they have some tests to give us a chance. only, if we can passed it but i know you can. you're taking some meds & that's a good sign that you're willing to cooperate & make a better life. i know we can get through this. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

betta go get some plastic surgery done, to cover those scars :help:

unnecessary commentary isn´t necessary. continue with similar comments along this line and they will be removed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I have no advice as to what to say/do at the doc about this, but I had some scars I faded quite a lot with emu oil. If you can find it well it's quite effective.

Otherwise it looks like you don't have much to worry about, it was a long time ago, and just let 'em know you're okay now. Hope this helps some.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one unrelated to the topic post removed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I have no advice as to what to say/do at the doc about this, but I had some scars I faded quite a lot with emu oil. If you can find it well it's quite effective.

Otherwise it looks like you don't have much to worry about, it was a long time ago, and just let 'em know you're okay now. Hope this helps some.

if it's a suicide attempt, did they knew about it? what did they do after your medical?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Definitely do NOT try to hide the scars or lie about them - the doctor will see right through you and that will be a MUCH bigger obstacle to approval than the scars could ever be. Lying to or hiding stuff from immigration is the WORST thing you can do!

You will definitely have to get a psychiatric evaluation done to prove you are no longer a threat to yourself or others. In the worst possible case, I think, the psychiatrist may want to delay your approval several months to observe you enough to be able to sign off that you are functional, stable, and healthy.

That's the worst case scenario. Lots of people with previous suicide attempts have been approved once a psychiatrist saw that they were no longer a threat to themselves or others. It just may take some extra time. Stay strong and think like a bulldozer - no force in the universe can stop you if you stay calm, steady, and determined.

God bless!

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

Using a treatment to calm or minimize the scars is perfectly fine, mind you. That's no problem, and is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. But the doctor will still be able to tell they were there, and will ask about them. When you are asked about the scars, you absolutely MUST answer completely scrupulously honestly about what they are and how you got them. Any attempt to lie about, misrepresent, or minimize them will be the kiss of death to your immigration plans.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

Also, don't stop taking your medications. In fact, bring them along to the medical appointment so the doctor can see what it is. The medicine is helping you a lot so this is good - this is something you want the doctor to know about. He then knows that while you have had problems in the past, that you have already taken the steps to address them, that you are on medicine that works and should continue to work, and while you are on this medicine you won't have these problems. This is all very positive stuff that you want both the doctor and immigration to know. Since they will see the scars and ask you questions about them, instead of trying to hide it or ignore it, face the situation head on and show that you are now in control of the situation because of the medicine rather than your condition controlling you. The doctor will also see you as being conscientious and responsible and honest about your medical situation and likely to continue to be conscientious, responsible and honest in the future. These are all good things :yes: . If he requires extra consultation with a psychiatrist, then that is another opportunity for you to prove that you are able to manage this condition and are willing to do so. I would definitely bring a letter from your current doctor as well.

Good luck to you on both the medical and the interview :) .

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Definitely do NOT try to hide the scars or lie about them - the doctor will see right through you and that will be a MUCH bigger obstacle to approval than the scars could ever be. Lying to or hiding stuff from immigration is the WORST thing you can do!

You will definitely have to get a psychiatric evaluation done to prove you are no longer a threat to yourself or others. In the worst possible case, I think, the psychiatrist may want to delay your approval several months to observe you enough to be able to sign off that you are functional, stable, and healthy.

That's the worst case scenario. Lots of people with previous suicide attempts have been approved once a psychiatrist saw that they were no longer a threat to themselves or others. It just may take some extra time. Stay strong and think like a bulldozer - no force in the universe can stop you if you stay calm, steady, and determined.

God bless!

yes, i agree with everything you said. i wont lie about it and i have no plans to do so. i am aware that it will make things worse, lying doesn't get anyone anywhere. yes, i will work on getting that letter off my shrink. Like a bulldozer huh , i like that :thumbs: thank you very much for the encouragement.. god bless you too..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.