sonicgihad

How are people getting approved in 30 days or less?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are these expedited cases? I was just wondering cuz seeing member's timelines and noticed a few that have gotten their NOA2 in 30 days or less. I was wondering if there's any type of criteria that these lucky couples fall under. Is it the country of the beneficiary, state of the petitioner, age, marital status (being both single perhaps) or is it simply the luck of the draw?

I have never won anything in my life or anything that I could classify myself as lucky, except for my fiancee of course so I'm preparing for a long journey but am hoping that lady luck would smile upon me for once. :) just wishful thinking...

Are people with divorces tend to wait longer than those who are both single?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

They're probably military cases or cases for which expedition is genuinely called for (a VERY narrow set of criteria).

Sometimes, an incoming petition will be picked off the top of the stack so that new adjudicators can be trained.

The thing to do is to wait, and then raise Cain when the posted processing time has elapsed with no results for you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Are these expedited cases? I was just wondering cuz seeing member's timelines and noticed a few that have gotten their NOA2 in 30 days or less. I was wondering if there's any type of criteria that these lucky couples fall under. Is it the country of the beneficiary, state of the petitioner, age, marital status (being both single perhaps) or is it simply the luck of the draw?

I have never won anything in my life or anything that I could classify myself as lucky, except for my fiancee of course so I'm preparing for a long journey but am hoping that lady luck would smile upon me for once. :) just wishful thinking...

Are people with divorces tend to wait longer than those who are both single?

Getting a NOA within 30 days or less is definitely possible for expedited cases, military personnel who do not have to wait the usual time. Some ordinary applications may be lucky to be processed soon if at all the load of applications are less in that particular local office. So it all depends on many factors, luck being a very important one.

My fiance in military. I've tried to ask him about considering an expedited case. But he said, it's not necessary since we do not meet any criteria what they will asking for even though some VJ member told me we could TRY. But he refused to do so.crying.gif. I guess my fiance just wanted to follow the rules.smile.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

My fiance in military. I've tried to ask him about considering an expedited case. But he said, it's not necessary since we do not meet any criteria what they will asking for even though some VJ member told me we could TRY. But he refused to do so.crying.gif. I guess my fiance just wanted to follow the rules.smile.gif

Your fiance is a good man - please thank him for his service to our country. Typically military expedites are granted when the USC serviceman is getting ready to deploy overseas - so perhaps that is what he meant by not meeting the criteria for an expedite.

I wish you and your fiance a speedy approval and I hope you are together very soon.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Your fiance is a good man - please thank him for his service to our country. Typically military expedites are granted when the USC serviceman is getting ready to deploy overseas - so perhaps that is what he meant by not meeting the criteria for an expedite.

I wish you and your fiance a speedy approval and I hope you are together very soon.

Thank you for best wishes, I will tell him. I looked up to your local USCIS and it says Ohio. My fiance is originally from Ohio as well and grew up in Cincinnatismile.gif. Again, thank YOU for very lovely words. rose.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.