TBoneTX

RUBbette Wives & Housework, si man

891 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

Just out of curiosity for those of you whose wives cook...does she make enough food to feed a small army?!? My wife doesn't know how to prepare small meals...there's always enough leftovers to last for at least a week! No joke!!! And there are certain holidays (like Christmas) where she is compelled to cook something like 12 dishes...no one can eat all that! At least I finally managed to convince her to tailor what she cooks a little bit and leave out the sandwiches with stinky little fish...she'd have like dozens of those and no one ever touched them.

But it's my fault for not eating more! :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I got extremely homesick on New Years though, so while we were cooking, I was watching Russian TV online (even though I barely ever watch TV), shut the drapes, imagining there's snow outside and started celebrating New Years at 3 pm with my family in Russia via Skype.

We celebrated New Years at 3PM and again at midnight. No need to shut the drapes here to imagine snow! But no homesickness for Olga that I could see. That could be because her mother, brother, and his new wife all got visas and are here for the holidays! They did wonder why our president didn't go on TV just before midnight to make a little speech!

They did wonder why our president didn't go on TV just before midnight to make a little speech!

It's because he's run out of people to apologize to.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
It's because he's run out of people to apologize to.
What? He ran out of Muslims?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

The dishes. But Alla either has less dishes, pots and pans than you or has managed to learn how to use ALL of them for baking her "simple" four ingredient cake (flour, eggs, sugar, apples)

is that the one made of mostly apples? it's called harlot cake, right? that's what my uncle's russian wife calls it.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

is that the one made of mostly apples? it's called harlot cake, right? that's what my uncle's russian wife calls it.

Very simple. Cut the apples in pieces and put them in a baking pan with 2" high sides. Mix eggs and sugar and flour in a bowl, pour the mixture over the apples and bake (I do not know the exact quantities of ingredients but she makes these cakes like 2-3 times per week so I have seen her do it) She uses Grannysmith apples for this. She was actually baffled at the types of apples we have here and had to experiment to find the right ones for baking, for eating, etc. Ukriane usually offers two types of apples...yellow or red. In season there are more sometimes but nothing like the array of apples we have here...one of the "big pluses" of the USA.

I could do this with TWO dishes plus a measuring cup. :lol:

I have not heard her clal them a "harlit cake" but I can ask. She just calls it "apple cake" but I am sure it has a Russian name

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Very simple. Cut the apples in pieces and put them in a baking pan with 2" high sides. Mix eggs and sugar and flour in a bowl, pour the mixture over the apples and bake (I do not know the exact quantities of ingredients but she makes these cakes like 2-3 times per week so I have seen her do it) She uses Grannysmith apples for this. She was actually baffled at the types of apples we have here and had to experiment to find the right ones for baking, for eating, etc. Ukriane usually offers two types of apples...yellow or red. In season there are more sometimes but nothing like the array of apples we have here...one of the "big pluses" of the USA.

I could do this with TWO dishes plus a measuring cup. :lol:

I have not heard her clal them a "harlit cake" but I can ask. She just calls it "apple cake" but I am sure it has a Russian name

Yeah I think that's the one I'm thinking about.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Gary, I don't agree with the choice of apples in Ukraine (or Russia) either. There are all kinds of sorts of apples there - some are greener or more yellowish or red of different shades, different shapes, sizes, different taste, some are more firm than others etc. Both of my grandmas live in small towns and there are a bunch of apple gardens around them - people there know the names to every sort.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
people there know the names to every sort.
Well, how'd'yew like THEM apples?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Kira makes an "apple cake" but it's more of a cake than a pie.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

It's not a cake, it's a pie.

And it's called "Sharlotka"

Thats it. Must be where the "harlot" reference comes from. THAT's a pie? No. It has all the characterics of cake. I would call it a "coffee cake" in equivilent English, although what the British call "pudding" is hardly the same as what we call pudding.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Is it me...

...or has this thread turned into a total boring sleep-a-thon?

I mean, who cares except Amby the ####### caretaker?

But if the ####### caretaker cares...then it matters. :P At least that is how it works in this house.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.