Danno

New High: 65% Oppose Automatic Citizenship for Children Born Here to Illegal Immigrants

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

this country was created through immigrations. child born here is a US American and will be. whether you love it or hate that is your opinion. And word for those who are taking about the sneaking, one way or the other immigrants of different colors come to this country and you are a part of it if you are not a native american. shut the hell up....

Look bottom line is: we can tolerate a few flys getting into the house but when it turns into a swarm, it's time to put up screens.

When we only had a handful of people taking advantage of our outdated policy, it was no big deal,

now illegals are not only coming here and dropping babies, those babies when old enough sponsor to then legalize the parent and anyone else "back home".

It was wrong from the start but as it's gotten out of control it is more than should be tolerated.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Look bottom line is: we can tolerate a few flys getting into the house but when it turns into a swarm, it's time to put up screens.

When we only had a handful of people taking advantage of our outdated policy, it was no big deal,

now illegals are not only coming here and dropping babies, those babies when old enough sponsor to then legalize the parent and anyone else "back home".

It was wrong from the start but as it's gotten out of control it is more than should be tolerated.

Respectfully,

Even a few flies send the wrong message. A child born to illegal immigrants and automatically having earned citizenship is akin to a child born of bank robbers to be entitled to keep the money from the robbery.

While I think we can all agree that it's not the child's fault in this situation, it does not change the fact that ill gotten gain from a wrongful deed is still wrong.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Respectfully,

Even a few flies send the wrong message. A child born to illegal immigrants and automatically having earned citizenship is akin to a child born of bank robbers to be entitled to keep the money from the robbery.

While I think we can all agree that it's not the child's fault in this situation, it does not change the fact that ill gotten gain from a wrongful deed is still wrong.

I think we agree completely but the reality is, change on these issues comes about due to a court case or when the problem become unmanageable.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

I think we agree completely but the reality is, change on these issues comes about due to a court case or when the problem become unmanageable.

At what point does the situation become "unmanageable"? If estimates are even close and there are 20 million undocumented illegals here, and our total population is 300 million, that represents almost 10% freaking percent of the population is here illegally.

To me, we have an unmanageable situation NOW that will only get worse. My fervent hope is that sooner or later Americans (real Americans), get tired of this and DEMAND immigration reform.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

I think we should deport everyone except Native Americans and start over again.

Agreed. But this time when we invade we need to fix it so there's no BIA. It should be a winner take all.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

this country was created through immigrations. child born here is a US American and will be. whether you love it or hate that is your opinion. And word for those who are taking about the sneaking, one way or the other immigrants of different colors come to this country and you are a part of it if you are not a native american. shut the hell up....

How about those birth tourist? Their parents just want US citizenship for their children but they will not raise their children in the US nor raise their children as Americans nor they want their children to be American at heart.

It is easier for tourists to have a US citizen child while a US citizen (yes, including "Native Americans") who have children with a non-US citizen wife or if the mother is a non-US citizen not married to the father, as long as the child is born abroad, they are given a heck of paperwork and fees just to get US citizenship for their children.

With all these immigration reform debate, these "children of Americans" born overseas to non-US mothers are always forgotten. No relief or whatsoever, no easier path to citizenship and the chances that they will be denied citizenship just because of some silly and outdated technicalities. According to the ACA, about 10% of offspring of US citizens were DENIED citizenship in the 1980s.

Read the case of Flores Villar. Yet, him being denied citizenship isn't raved about in the US.

Yes, I am specifically referring to children born abroad to US father and non-US mothers because, US mothers who gives birth abroad has it a lot easier than US fathers. It does not help that there still are US troops in many different parts of the world.

Filed: Timeline

Not just for political purposes. Many of the jobs that illegals take are ones legals would be utterly desperate to take. Case in point: even throughout the recession and high sustained unemployments, farms have been dying to keep workers -- the new immigration laws have been spooking their employees and they've been unable to find work. Even raising their prices, Americans don't want the jobs - physical labor in hot beating sun, for wages that only hit minimum wages if they're *good* at what they do, because the positions are often paid by barrel or bushel instead of by hour.

Greed of the farmer's I suppose? Many do not even offer benefits to they employees and are paid minimum. A "manual worker" in fastfood have benefits and better pay. The thing is, keep them illegal, which means they are able to EXPLOIT these people for PROFIT. The is no excuse for "cheaper goods" if it tantamounts to modern day slavery.

Okay, give them amnesty. Now, the farm owners will have to pay them higher and give them benefits and pay for FUTA/SUTA and all those employer taxes. Since they are making less profit, they will want to hire a new batch of illegals to keep wages down(eve below the required minimum) and benefits zero. It then becomes a vicious cycle of modern day slavery.

Why is it that farm owners prefer hiring illegals over legal workers willing to do the job?

Who said only big corporations are greedy?

Now, I think it is important to punish employers who hire illegals more than the illegals themselves for not doing their jobs on checking their employees status and breaking the law for not giving benefits and proper wages and DO they even have workers' compensation or their laborers are left along when injured in work?

Singapore is a good example of how to implement all these. Only replace their "maids"/"domestic helper" with farm laborers in the US context. Singapore, despite their reliance on foreign workers to clean their toilets, build their houses, they do not have problem with illegals. Illegals are deported immediately and blacklisted. Maids/Domestic helpers are even entitled to a minimum wage and if the employer does not comply, he/she is punished. Yet, Singapore does not have problems with illegal immigration. Note that about 1/4 of the population of Singapore are foreign workers.

The importance of E-verify in ending modern day slavery in US soil.

Edited by Kang

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I like it.

If someone is here legally on a visa I would say different, i.e. H1B, F1, etc. I would say being here legally on a Tourist visa should not provide legal status to child.

If someone is here illegal and they give birth here but can't pay the bill, I think they should deport them and send the medical and transportation bill to the country from which they came from. They can do this by tallying total cost of deportations * 100 then taking that sum and reducing that nations import quota into the US. 1,000 births @ 5,000 a piece means you just lost half a billon of imports into the US. Enough of those add up it will incite the foreign nation hold the parents accountable (i.e. jail) when they get home. Probably not executable in practice but something similar would work.

Timeline

Met 2.18.11 (Was on B1 Visa I-94 expired 2.11.11)

Engaged 6.12.11

Married 7.12.11

I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filed/Rec'd CHI 7.25.11 (Rec'd @ 165 days overstay)

Bio Appt 8.29.11

I-485 Rec'd Interview Appt. (Date of notice 9.12.11 / Date of Interview 10.14.2011)

I-765/I-131 Approved 9.16.11 / Card Received 9.24.11 (53 Days Processing Time)

Applied for SSN 9.28.11 / SSN Card Received 10.3.11 (5 Days Processing Time)

Approved in person I-485 Interview 10.14.11 (81 Days from start of process)

Timeline

I like it.

If someone is here legally on a visa I would say different, i.e. H1B, F1, etc. I would say being here legally on a Tourist visa should not provide legal status to child.

If someone is here illegal and they give birth here but can't pay the bill, I think they should deport them and send the medical and transportation bill to the country from which they came from. They can do this by tallying total cost of deportations * 100 then taking that sum and reducing that nations import quota into the US. 1,000 births @ 5,000 a piece means you just lost half a billon of imports into the US. Enough of those add up it will incite the foreign nation hold the parents accountable (i.e. jail) when they get home. Probably not executable in practice but something similar would work.

Wonderful in theory but in practice will never work due to NAFTA.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Timeline

Wonderful in theory but in practice will never work due to NAFTA.

As I figured. Can it be repealed? What's the penalty?

Edited by caterino

Timeline

Engaged 6.12.11

Married 7.12.11

Bio Appt 8.29.11

I-485 Rec'd Interview Appt. (Date of notice 9.12.11 / Date of Interview 10.14.2011)

Timeline

As I figured. Can it be repealed? What's the penalty?

NAFTA, while good in theory has never worked in favor of the US - nor will it. Labor is just too inexpensive SOTB (south of the border) and as such, we will never really globally compete. So many US companies have either relocated South or utilize SOTB workers that it never slant in our favor.

NAFTA will never be repealled and as such - while your idea has merit, it will never happen.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I like it.

I would like to see us use that money to build a giant laser fence. Start with the southern border, then Canada, west coast, east coast and finally the roof. Problem solved.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

I would like to see us use that money to build a giant laser fence. Start with the southern border, then Canada, west coast, east coast and finally the roof. Problem solved.

I don't think the primary goal is to barricade the borders, but instead the primary goal is to ensure that the resources of the nation are allocated to the citizens of the nation and their interests.

By creating dis-incentives to circumvent the immigration policy, i.e. coming to the US to have babies for purpose of citizenship, it serves to solve the primary goal.

Securing the borders I believe serves a different primary goal which is to prevent the ingress or egress of parties or materials which serve to harm the interests of the nation and its citizens. This includes terrorists, human trafficking, drugs, and the such. That is an different topic to me.

Timeline

Engaged 6.12.11

Married 7.12.11

Bio Appt 8.29.11