Lewis

TSA adjusting gel and liquid ban

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

post-23074-1159200671_thumb.jpgThere are two major changes:

Travelers may now carry through security checkpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.

After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.

At the checkpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the checkpoint for additional screening.

It is unlikely that additional changes in the liquid, aerosol and gel policy will be made in the near future.

This security regimen applies to all domestic and international flights departing U.S. airports. Travelers should, however, check with transportation security authorities in their country-of-origin for flights originating at non-U.S. airports.

(end quote)

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/9-25_u...r_guidance.shtm

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What a pain in the ###.

Why not just put a couple of armed marshals on every flight - if terrorists try anything

funny (like trying to mix dodgy liquids), shoot them dead.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What a pain in the ###.

Why not just put a couple of armed marshals on every flight - if terrorists try anything

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

You have to draw the line somewhere.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Why is it soooo imperative to have a 3 oz bottle of shampoo in a carry on in the first place?

Good question.

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It isn't the 3 oz bottle of shampoo - it's the toothpaste I want - and my insulin.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

i usually put everything in my suitcase...i agree with sis lisa on this

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What a pain in the ###.

shoot them dead :help: decompression :luv: sucked out of a small hole :unsure: at 35,000feet. :whistle:

UK-Royal-Standard-HM-Queen.gif

Down With The Monarchy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank god, eye drops, contact solution, and my spare contacts. I'm flying Wednesday.

If they lost my luggage that had my contacts in it, I'd be screwed because I wouldn't be able to see for sh*t. I have outdated glasses but no vision insurance...

This is good for some of us.

I flew out of DC to Australia and nobody checked my hand luggage. So then on the way back I brought cologne along in my hand luggage and was not checked at any checkpoint, all the way through to DC..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I flew out of DC to Australia and nobody checked my hand luggage. So then on the way back I brought cologne along in my hand luggage and was not checked at any checkpoint, all the way through to DC..

Yeah, I work at an airport and go through checkpoints every day. I bought a lip gloss 3 months ago and forgot about it. Two days ago they found it in my purse and confiscated it.

I'm thinking, ok, you've had 3 months to get that thing out, and you're just NOW noticing it? It had definitely been in there the whole time.

Now freaks can get back to masturbating in-flight since lotions,baby oils and gels are allowed.

hey ..helps break the boredom

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Now freaks can get back to masturbating in-flight since lotions,baby oils and gels are allowed.

hey ..helps break the boredom

Hmm are they part of the "mile-high club"? :unsure:

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!