8 posts in this topic

So I am a bit confused on this whole AOS thing, as far as i can tell i have everything ready to go ie.

I-485

-passport copies of K-1 and I-94

-I-294 Approval

-Birth certificate and translation

-marriage certificate

-g-325 with 2 passport photos

-I693 sealed from dept of health

- I-864 with 3 yrs tax returns (self employed)

-I-765

_I-131

and of course a check for 1070.00 to dept. homeland security

But I know some people send photos and a few other supporting doc's however i dont see instructions any where to do so is there something im missing? also is 2 passport photos enough cause it looked like to me that i should send 6 in total which means 4 more than i have right now.

Thanks in advance for the help in clearing this up for me.

Carol

<3 Carol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

-I693 sealed from dept of health

I don't know if you know this, but just in case you don't: I-693 has to be signed and sealed by a Civil Surgeon.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

we sent 6 photos in total......as for evidence...just the additional evidence requested on affid and of course marriage certificate, passport, k1, 194, ext.

event.png

A journey it has been!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you follow the guides here you can't be too wrong, thousands of others have followed thenm and been approved, also read it directly from USCIS.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

just to clarify I have read the guides ( over and over again til i was blue in the face.). they say only 2 photos are needed which is where my confusion came in because I also read the individual instructions on each form from the uscis, and they state 2 for 3 different forms. So I am sending the 6 thx jaz and mr tee for some great info.

<3 Carol

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello..

When I sent my AOS package, this is how I did it.

I-130 1 picture of my wife (US citizen) and 1 picture of me (Beneficiary).

I-485 2 Pictures of me (Beneficiary).

I-765 2 Pictures of me (Beneficiary).

I-131 2 Pictures of me (Beneficiary).

Make sure you put your name in the back of each picture and your husband or wife's picture, it is just for security and do it with a pencil.

I also sent Documents proving that we had a Bonafide marriage, Joint Bank Accounts, Apartment lease agreement, Car Insurance, Phone Bills with both our names in it, 3 notarized letters from my wife's parents and sister saying that we were living together and that it was a true marriage, if you have utility bills send them. After you send that make sure you keep the originals and keep gathering more receipts thorough out the process until your interview day and then if he IO wants more proof you will have some more (In my case the IO didn't even ask for proof of marriage) everything was in the file I first sent, so he was pleased with all the documentation i had submitted. I also attached some pictures of our relationship, I copy and pasted pictures in a Word Document, I did it chronologically and printed them out in color (The IO really liked that during the interview). My interview lasted 8-10 min. I'm pretty sure those pics and proof helped him made his mind about us when he was reviewing our case and the day of our interview he already knew he was going to approve us. I'm not saying it will be like that for your case but I don't think it will harm you sending that info.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello..

When I sent my AOS package, this is how I did it.

<snip>

You are AOSsing from a visa other than a K1 which has different requirements. K1 do not require relationship evidence (unless they have an interview). or the I-130. K1's don't always have an interview either.

---

OP - there's an AOS guide in my signature that should help. I personally didn't find the AOS guide on VJ very helpful which is why I wrote my own (with the COMPLETE document list)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.