AdamA

Wife's Mom coming here?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife has been here 14 months. We are married, she has her two year green card, so all is OK with us.

We are interested in having her Mom come here. What is the best approach?

My wife is not a USC. Her Mom has a flat in Russia and other ties to the country.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She goes and applies for a tourist visa and shows strong ties to home. Nothing that you or your wife can do to help.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Tourist visa. Send her an invitation letter. It might help. Maybe. If you are lucky.

Actually it seems that getting tourist visas from Russia has been getting a little easier lately. We have had good luck getting tourist visas for friends and family over the past two years.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If she has a flat, a job and family she is leaving behind she should have an excellent chance of getting a tourist visa. Tourist visas usually are one or two year and multi entry so she could visit a lot and usually once she gets one, getting another is nearly automatic and doesn' require an interview (if the old one has been expired less than a year.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Yep, what those guys said.

I'll add though, the one way you can help her is make sure the documents reflect a reasonable time period (two or three weeks) and a specific purpose along with your willingness to provide support for the trip - especially the trip back!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

We are planning on making application for MIL next year. So far, three couples we have talked to in our situation have had MIL get a visa for a short stint on the Schengen Zone first - travel and return in three or four days. That seems to help, and we will no doubt do the same. I don't know if the embassy in Russia looks at it differently - I only asked where there was a Ukrainian MIL.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

We are planning on making application for MIL next year. So far, three couples we have talked to in our situation have had MIL get a visa for a short stint on the Schengen Zone first - travel and return in three or four days. That seems to help, and we will no doubt do the same. I don't know if the embassy in Russia looks at it differently - I only asked where there was a Ukrainian MIL.

Sounds to me like MIL is scammin a free vacation!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Sounds to me like MIL is scammin a free vacation!

Doubtful - as she is terrified to fly anywhere, and the wife had to bully her into it :)

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I miss my MIL(F). :(

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

You don't keep scissors anywhere near the bed, do you Kip?

She never reads my post on here. :)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She never reads my post on here. :)

Until she actually does....and then you will have your SHTF moment which may be different from the rest of ours but is probably every bit as dangerous! laughing.gif

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Until she actually does....and then you will have your SHTF moment which may be different from the rest of ours but is probably every bit as dangerous! laughing.gif

She had me scared the other night. She was checking the Removal of Conditions forum on here and she asked me what our login password was for the this account. I was thinking "oh fck I'm screwed now". So I tell her our account on here got hacked, but that she doesn't need to be logged in to get the I-751 info. So I dodged another bullet until she has to do her N400 thingy.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She had me scared the other night. She was checking the Removal of Conditions forum on here and she asked me what our login password was for the this account. I was thinking "oh fck I'm screwed now". So I tell her our account on here got hacked, but that she doesn't need to be logged in to get the I-751 info. So I dodged another bullet until she has to do her N400 thingy.

lmao...you crack me up man!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.