^_^

I Condemn the Violence and Destruction in Oakland

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Thu Nov 03, 2011 at 09:04 AM PDT

I Condemn the Violence and Destruction in Oakland

by Muskegon Critic

Occupy Wall Street. You know I love you. And go ahead and flame me, hate me, hide rate me...

But what the HELL is going on in Oakland? ###### burning in the streets? Spraypainting buildings? And YES...YES...people WERE throwing bottles and stuff at police officers.

What the hell? Kiss OWS's positive image goodbye.

I never thought I'd say this in my LIFE, but PLEASE try to comport yourselves like New Yorkers. THAT is what a MASSIVE peaceful protest looks like.

I know, I KNOW...it's outside agitators. It's people NOT associated with OWS who are just in it for the wanton destruction. Everything GOOD is from the OWS protesters and everything BAD is an unaffiliated outlier. Or maybe there was good reason! The police started it!

I don't care. I condemn it. I condemn it.

I CONDEMN the violent actions from the protesters in Oakland last night. And OWS groups should to. LOUDLY.

People can go ahead and disown or justify the crazy ####### that went down in Oakland yesterday. They can argue until they're blue in the face that REAL OWS folks tried to stop it.

But guess what? It doesn't matter when there's garbage burning in the streets and people spray painting buildings.

Kiss OWS's positive image goodbye.

OWS needs to loudly, LOUDLY condemn violent actions from yesterday. Is this what we signed on to? Is this how we want to be seen?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's Northern Cali, it's the Bay Area and it's Oakland.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Timeline

Haven't you figured it out yet? The 60s left us but these guys never left the 60s. Everything is still looked at through the eyes of a young man during the summer of 69.

It's true. You should see my Facebook newsfeed. Stephen is refreshing in comparison to my circle of friends and acquaintances. Half of those folks are involved in or sympathetic to protests.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's true. You should see my Facebook newsfeed. Stephen is refreshing in comparison to my circle of friends and acquaintances. Half of those folks are involved in or sympathetic to protests.

you need new friends.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

<<<<People can go ahead and disown or justify the crazy ####### that went down in Oakland yesterday. They can argue until they're blue in the face that REAL OWS folks tried to stop it.

But guess what? It doesn't matter when there's garbage burning in the streets and people spray painting buildings.

Kiss OWS's positive image goodbye.

>>>>>

Wait, They had a positive image?

B-)

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn