Dar&Shan

FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received our NOA2, dated October 4. I've been checking to see if NVC has received it for several days now. I sent an email, and just got a response saying they have received it, and our petition is undergoing additional processing, and we will be given further instructions after processing is complete. So, I called and spoke to a live person at NVC, and I asked her if each petition is handled like this, or if it is something specific to ours-she said she has no information on that subject, and she could not answer any questions about that. If any of you have had this happen to you at NVC-please post! I am hoping someone can reassure me that this is normal procedure :help:

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Everyones K-1 is processed at the NVC. It is given a case number, logged in the system and then sent out within a week to the US consul/embassy.

No need to freak out just because of how a woman on the bad-information line words something.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

We received our NOA2, dated October 4. I've been checking to see if NVC has received it for several days now. I sent an email, and just got a response saying they have received it, and our petition is undergoing additional processing, and we will be given further instructions after processing is complete. So, I called and spoke to a live person at NVC, and I asked her if each petition is handled like this, or if it is something specific to ours-she said she has no information on that subject, and she could not answer any questions about that. If any of you have had this happen to you at NVC-please post! I am hoping someone can reassure me that this is normal procedure :help:

Some petitione are selected (most likely randomly) for "sdditional processing". They won't give you any info on why or what they are looking at. It certainly does not mean there is anythnig to be concerned about, it will just delay your case being sent on to your foreign consulate. We were delayed 50 days which is about the maximum time I have heard of.

Just keep calling every few days to know when your case has been sent on. Although they told me several times that they would inform me when it was sent on, they neved did so you just have to keep calling them.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Everyones K-1 is processed at the NVC. It is given a case number, logged in the system and then sent out within a week to the US consul/embassy.

My question is when you say sent to the embassy what does that mean? Im confused what is been sent to the embassy knowing that we send all our paperwork to nvc please explain this process thank you in advance..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My question is when you say sent to the embassy what does that mean? Im confused what is been sent to the embassy knowing that we send all our paperwork to nvc please explain this process thank you in advance..

You are not a K-1 you are reading the wrong forum. Its best if you stay in the spousal visa forum. Then you wont be confused.

They send the entire package to the embassy of the country you live in after you have finished your processing and fees.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happens to everyone. It took 1 month from our NOA2 to get my packet 3. Relax! :blush:

I hope I am overreacting-this process has been known to do strange things to VJers minds, lol :bonk:

Edited by Dar&Shan

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope I am overreacting-this process has been known to do strange things to VJers minds, lol :bonk:

lol yeah youre just overreacting :P . give it a month and your packet will arrive :dance:

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I guess that maybe as me you have been seeing that many people get their case throw the NVC in less that 10 days. Lucky lucky ones..

I got my NO2 on Oct. 3 and I am still waiting.

Our cases will eventually get to the embassy and hopefully within less than 2 or 3 weeks( please GOD less).

Just cross your fingers and focus on the documents that you have to send to your fiance, I already did so. B-)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

All you need to know right now is that nvc is nothing like the consulate with the APs,they are WAY quicker

Based on my personal experience, and those of several others communicated in separate posts, there are two "AP's" 1.ADDITIONAL PROCESSING - which is the normal processing that the NVC does to send the documents to the local embassy, and 2.ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING - which means they are performing some additional checks on the petition. The latter being the type of AP that can take from now to eternity.

I called NVC because it was taking a long time for us to get notified with our MNL case number. For a couple of weeks they did not have record of receiving our petition....so I called every few days. Finally they told me they had received the petition and that it was "going through ADDITIONAL PROCESSING." I said "oh sh*t, what's wrong? ...then after i apologized to the CS rep, she said "Don't worry, nothings wrong, all petitions go through ADDITIONAL PROCESSING it's just a term for readying the package to be sent to the embassy."

5 days later the embassy recieved the package.

If you search the forums using those two keywords, you'll see others that say the same thing......So don't worry, your petition will be sent soon I believe.

Good luck...and keep us posted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just hang on there. God have the right time for that, just keep the faith.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Our petition was pulled for additional processing at the NVC stage. Petitions spend varying numbers of days there. Some ship off to the embassy within a day or two, and some sit around in AP for 30 days, like ours. It's just luck-of-the-draw, and nothing to worry about approval-wise. It's another part of the wait.

You can keep checking back with NVC for status. They are pretty good with helping. They won't tell you why your petition is sitting around, though. The answer will always be "Your application is undergoing additional processing." :) (just to save you a bit of time in trying to find out)

Hang in there.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I don't think this happens to everyone: yes, everyone's application goes through the NVC, but some go into additional processing for some reason. Ours was also one of the "lucky" ones and many here on VJ said additional processing meant administrative processing, which, sometimes, takes months. We were fortunate that our "processing" took only a week. So, I am not really sure why some people get a specific e-mail from the NVC saying that their applications are going through additional processing and some do not. The good news is that, at least from our experience, this doesn't take that long. That is, not much longer than people who don't get such a notification.

Good luck, I hope it goes fast for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.