Dar&Shan

FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received our NOA2, dated October 4. I've been checking to see if NVC has received it for several days now. I sent an email, and just got a response saying they have received it, and our petition is undergoing additional processing, and we will be given further instructions after processing is complete. So, I called and spoke to a live person at NVC, and I asked her if each petition is handled like this, or if it is something specific to ours-she said she has no information on that subject, and she could not answer any questions about that. If any of you have had this happen to you at NVC-please post! I am hoping someone can reassure me that this is normal procedure :help:

I called and got my case # (603)334-0700. Just have USCIC Notification #, Name and DOB of Beneficiary and Sponsor. They gave me my case number (I am the sponsor). In the case of the Manila embassy I was able to schedule the interview on line.

If you look in the NVC forum, you will see a sticky post entitled STUCK @ NVC for AP.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

We were stuck there for about 7 and a half weeks, on our K1 journey. From the last posts before Captain Ewok closed the thread for posts, I did see where times were shorter than when they first started subjecting K1's to further scrutiny.

Hang in there. It passes.

Everyones K-1 is processed at the NVC. It is given a case number, logged in the system and then sent out within a week to the US consul/embassy.

No need to freak out just because of how a woman on the bad-information line words something.

Unfortunately there are exceptions. In spite of having 2 letters from NVC stating this would happen it did not.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

All you need to know right now is that nvc is nothing like the consulate with the APs,they are WAY quicker

I found the time there long enough. For some go through in a few days, other are not so lucky.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A MNL Case number is issued within 3-4 weeks of receipt. They may show now record of receipt, but because NVC receives so many petitions daily, it takes that long for them to get to your case. Be patient, Say alot of prayers, and Trust in HIM to get you through this. God Bless, and Good Luck, everything will be fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Based on my personal experience, and those of several others communicated in separate posts, there are two "AP's" 1.ADDITIONAL PROCESSING - which is the normal processing that the NVC does to send the documents to the local embassy, and 2.ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING - which means they are performing some additional checks on the petition. The latter being the type of AP that can take from now to eternity.

I called NVC because it was taking a long time for us to get notified with our MNL case number. For a couple of weeks they did not have record of receiving our petition....so I called every few days. Finally they told me they had received the petition and that it was "going through ADDITIONAL PROCESSING." I said "oh sh*t, what's wrong? ...then after i apologized to the CS rep, she said "Don't worry, nothings wrong, all petitions go through ADDITIONAL PROCESSING it's just a term for readying the package to be sent to the embassy."

5 days later the embassy recieved the package.

If you search the forums using those two keywords, you'll see others that say the same thing......So don't worry, your petition will be sent soon I believe.

Good luck...and keep us posted.

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much for posting on this-you have no idea how relieved we are!! :thumbs::yes:

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.