happylee

Over 3 months and not even an NOA1 - has that ever happened before?!?!

35 posts in this topic

I am at a total loss. It has been over 3 months since my fiance filed the petition in California and we have not received an NOA1. He finally called them last week and the lady said they're backed up and he mentioned something about them not processing petitions that are not standard size? What is that??? I'm sorry to be sounding like I'm ranting here, but let me just say it, I am VERY frustrated!!! We know they haven't received it at all because they didn't charge the check he sent in. Why is this happening? Have any of you ever heard of something like this? I'm ready to wait a long time for NOA1 to NOA2 but to wait this long for Filing to NOA1, it's absurd and so disheartening. :-(

how did you know your papers were sent to csc if you never got the noa1?

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

I think this is not normal at all. From reading a lot of posts on this site (thanks so much by the way for this site), I don't think I've ever encountered anyone having had to wait this long for an NOA1. Tell me what you guys really think. Should I give up on that petition? Am I deluding myself that it could still be received?

That is my very predicament, although I am going by what my fiance told me - that he went to the post office and sent in the petition. But right now, we're practically in limbo, right?

[/quot

Per the instructions the forms should be sent to TX. Your check would have been cashed before they sent it TO california. I would be resending that paperwork and sending another check. There's no reason that they wouldnt cash your check right away.

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If I were your Fiance, I wouldn't have waited a whole 3 months before taking action. Did he get a tracking number from the post office?

3 Months is way too much wait for NOA 1. Something is not right... :blink:

I wish you best of luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Time to cancel the check and make up a whole new packet with new check and send it to the correct address in Dallas Texas.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

your noa1 should indicate where your petition was sent, either vsc or csc. did your fiance send it to texas?

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Thanks for that information. I suppose refiling is the only option we're left with. He said that if he doesn't hear from them in the next 30 days, he will call in to cancel the check and file a new one, with additional documentation as he has been here to visit me a second time already since he filed it.

In a way, I am thankful that it hasn't gone through yet because I will flying in to visit him at the end of this month. (I have a tourist visa which I was issued before we even met each other.) And that is actually another concern of mine, that if our petition was received, would it show in their records as I go through Immigration at LAX? If so, should I say upfront tot he officer that I am visiting my fiance? I am dreading the possibility that they deny me entry then, although I fully intend to return home to my job after a month.

But considering they haven't received it yet, should I just say I'm visiting friends and relatives? (which I will be doing as well) Just so I can avoid the "interrogation".

Advice, anyone? :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for that information. I suppose refiling is the only option we're left with. He said that if he doesn't hear from them in the next 30 days, he will call in to cancel the check and file a new one, with additional documentation as he has been here to visit me a second time already since he filed it.

In a way, I am thankful that it hasn't gone through yet because I will flying in to visit him at the end of this month. (I have a tourist visa which I was issued before we even met each other.) And that is actually another concern of mine, that if our petition was received, would it show in their records as I go through Immigration at LAX? If so, should I say upfront tot he officer that I am visiting my fiance? I am dreading the possibility that they deny me entry then, although I fully intend to return home to my job after a month.

But considering they haven't received it yet, should I just say I'm visiting friends and relatives? (which I will be doing as well) Just so I can avoid the "interrogation".

Advice, anyone? :-)

If you have a 129f petition pending the CO at LAX do not know about your immigration petition ut as asked before did he send it to TEXAS?

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

I do not know if he sent the petition to Texas. I will ask him later. I do not even know if he's doing everything correctly. He does not want to seek help from a lawyer as it will cost a lot, when he says he can perfectly follow instructions. I honestly don't know if I should even hope for this. But thanks so much for your replies. I suppose I will find out in a month what's going to happen with this whole thing - if he does refile or what.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I do not know if he sent the petition to Texas. I will ask him later. I do not even know if he's doing everything correctly. He does not want to seek help from a lawyer as it will cost a lot, when he says he can perfectly follow instructions. I honestly don't know if I should even hope for this. But thanks so much for your replies. I suppose I will find out in a month what's going to happen with this whole thing - if he does refile or what.

There is a step by step guide on this website that tells you everything. You don't need a lawyer.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

why wait another 30 days? If he sent it to Texas, his check would be cashed within a week and then the NOA1 sent. The check being cashed and the NOA1 have nothing to do with it making it to CSC or not. You said he called them to inquire. Who did he call? You need to find out if he sent it to Texas or not. All petitions are to be sent to Texas. If he did, then it got lost and he should just cancel the check and resend it, this time by CMRRR so he can get a signature showing it was signed for. If he sent it to California then he did it wrong and needs to cancel the check and do it correct... send it to Texas. Do you understand what I am saying? He either never really sent it and is pulling the wool over your eyes, it got lost, or he sent it to the wrong place. All 3 scenarios scream for sending it again. What is 30 days going to accomplish?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Cashing the check is the one thing they do quickly, as annoying as that is in principle, it does confirm that they received the application (as does the NOA1).

It doesn't seem like he got a tracking number - which the post office always suggests when you mail something at the counter itself - it's an extra dollar or two, why wouldn't he get one for something so important?

The cynic in me asks, did he really file it? I hate to say this, but it's an easy way out if you're having doubts.

If it were me and nothing was received in a matter of days, I'd be cancelling the check, sending in another application and making a pest of myself with USCIS until I was sure the application was in their system. I think anybody here would be pretty much the same. Who is willing to wait another month to follow up?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

ONe thing I notice about people on this site is... they always blaming the USCIS.

(myself included: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/333712-wow-dont-i-feel-special/)

I'm a little new to this site, in regards to being a regular user.

My best suspicion (couldn't there be a million scenarios here?) is that

1) someone did a very inept job

2) someone is mis-reporting

3) someone is presenting a hoax

Well, I mean, the poster herself, said: "This has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE" probably.

Now, I understand,... nothing surprises me, and there's always a first time for everything.

Sometimes, we just simply fail to follow even the most simple and mundane rules, for our own neglect and other-life-distractions.

Edited by GringoD

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.