matako

Very OT:Why does fart not diffuse on a flight?

64 posts in this topic

I flew trans-atlantic and farted at some point on the flight, but i noticed that the smell stayed with me for the rest of the flight (4+ hours)as opposed to diffusing and getting mixed with everyone so that no one could know the source.

Anyone knows why fart does not diffuse on a flight at 38,000 feet?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I flew trans-atlantic and farted at some point on the flight, but i noticed that the smell stayed with me for the rest of the flight (4+ hours)as opposed to diffusing and getting mixed with everyone so that no one could know the source.

Anyone knows why fart does not diffuse on a flight at 38,000 feet?

Why didn't you ask the people sitting around you? LOL

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
:unsure: only on VJ
brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:lol::thumbs: OMG!! Your post gave me a really good laugh/workout..am rolling on the floor just imagining this happening to you and am thankful that I was not one of the nearby passengers that had to inhale your fart-like perfume....LOL

Its always amazed me at the capacity of our bodily functions and the fact that like the subject of sex, such topics as farting, burping, etc....has always made for interesting conversations or at least a good chuckle here and there.... :lol::thumbs:

:D LOL Sorry i totally went off on a tangent cause i was laughing so hard at your question that I forgot to answer your question: Why does a fart not diffuse at 38,000 feet?

Here are my possible thoughts:

1. The Air is compressed on airplanes and the air on the flight is recycled so the what little air you have around is the air you are stuck with until the plane stops and everyone is able to get off the plane for cleaning, etc..

2. The fart could have possibly been so heavily potent that the little air ventilation near you could not handle the potentcy....lol

Forgive me if anyone of my possible explanations offended anyone..am just in a silly mood! LOL

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On your way to the store, haven't you ever let a big honky fart in your car with cloth seats, get out to take care of business, only to return later, sit back down and be overcome by that same honking fart smell escaping from the open cell foam of your cloth seats. It seems farts love to lurk in open cell foam....

Thats just my thoughts on the subject.... :yes:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On your way to the store, haven't you ever let a big honky fart in your car with cloth seats, get out to take care of business, only to return later, sit back down and be overcome by that same honking fart smell escaping from the open cell foam of your cloth seats. It seems farts love to lurk in open cell foam....

On a hot day, no less :thumbs:

Farts can cause arguments too. I had dodgy guts after Indian food one time. Let it rip at work and the air conditioning carried it into the next cubicle - where the people sitting there started arguing, and blamed each other for doing it. I was quite proud of that at the time. My mate "accidentally" did it in our manager's face when he was bending down under his desk.

Edited by erekose

Filed: Timeline

No. mine are leather

:P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you have a basis to sue the airlines if your farts are not defusable.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007