Susie.rinnab

removing condtions during divorce

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am in desperate need of help/advice.

I moved here in august 2008 with a K1 fiance visa, my now ex husband and i got married in october of 2008 i recieved my green card in january of 2009. Unfortunately marriage did not work out and we decided to seperate in april of 2010, file for divorce in september of 2010 which was final in spring of 2011. My green card expired in march of 2011, i filed the petition for removing condtions on time within 90 days before my green card expired, i did not have my final divorce decree yet so i filded joint with my husband even though we were already seperated by then.

Him and i lived in his parents house, we did not have any joint bank accounts i was only on his account, we did not have any credit cards or bills together and his parents refuse to write the letter to proof our relationship was in good faith. I sent as much evidence as i have when i filed for removing conditons, i did include our joint tax return form along with pictures and emails, which is basically the only evidence i have. I had 3 friends write the letter to proof our marriage was in good faith.

i just recieved a note from uscis saying that the evidence is insufficient, however i do not have anything else i can send them, i have till december 16 to resubmit anything. The only thing i can think of is to call them and explain my situation, submit my final divorce decree maybe?

I am desperate and i am extremel worried, i have a life of my own here now, a job, friends, i dont want to give all this up because they think im a liar.

Please any advice or suggestions help, anybody else ever been in a situation like this?

Thank you so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Car Insurance, Life Insurance, usually when you think of it there are a lot of things.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have 2 years green card also and marriage did not work out. I have been here for 3 years and my 2 years green card will be expired in 1 year (it took longer than usual for me to get green card...). Since our marriage did not work out we have lots of arguments and every time like that happened he threaten me that sending me home and one thing leads to another, I cheated on my currently husband.... And I got caught, not in person but through yahoo chat and text...Now I really want to end this relationship but I, like Newbie that we do not want to lose everything here to go back my country as a liar in marriage...My question is if I get divorce now, can I by myself apply for 10 years green card?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you considered a letter explaining the facts? Just stick to the facts (why you had little documents in the first place) and the now divorce. Be honest. I have a friend who was in your same predicament. She was called in for an interview but did end up getting approved because she had been honest about the entire situation. Also, have you consulted a lawyer? Now may be a good time!

Good luck to you!

MY Conditions Removal Timeline:

CIS Office: California

2011-05-16: Date Filed

2011-05-17: NOA Date

2011-06-14: Bio. Appt.

2011-09-21: Email confirming approval

2011-09-26: GC Received ツ

MY AOS Timeline:

2008-11-05: Date Filed

2008-11-14: NOA Date

2009-01-26: Bio. Appt.

2009-05-07: Interview Date

2009-05-14: RFE Received

2009-06-03: RFE Returned

2009-07-27: GC Received

Filed: Other Timeline

What you did is fraud. Oftentimes it goes undetected, but not so here.

Filing jointly for RoC when divorce proceedings are on the way cannot be talked away. There is only one way out, and that's by requesting to change the joint petition to a singularly filed one. They most likely will agree to that, but that still will leave you in the loop in regard to evidence required and requested. Whatever you do, don't ignore that you are in deep trouble right now and need to take action to prevent that they will just deny your RoC petition and initiate deportation proceedings against you.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

What you did is fraud. Oftentimes it goes undetected, but not so here.

Filing jointly for RoC when divorce proceedings are on the way cannot be talked away. There is only one way out, and that's by requesting to change the joint petition to a singularly filed one. They most likely will agree to that, but that still will leave you in the loop in regard to evidence required and requested. Whatever you do, don't ignore that you are in deep trouble right now and need to take action to prevent that they will just deny your RoC petition and initiate deportation proceedings against you.

I did not mean for it to be fraud i understood it as we have to file jointly since we were not divorced at the time whenever i had to send me request to remove conditions and i did not have my divorce decree yet. How should i go about contacting them, sending my decree to them? the only other evidence i have is tax returns and possibly bank statements. i am extremely worried!!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I did not mean for it to be fraud i understood it as we have to file jointly since we were not divorced at the time whenever i had to send me request to remove conditions and i did not have my divorce decree yet. How should i go about contacting them, sending my decree to them? the only other evidence i have is tax returns and possibly bank statements. i am extremely worried!!

You should have filed on your own noting that you were in the process of getting divorced. USCIS would have then sent you an RFE for the Final Divorce Decree and you could have responded in kind.

I would recommend you contact an Immigration Lawyer as you have basically committed Material Misrepresentation by filing a Joint Petition when you should not have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.