OKC_German

Form I-751 Denied for my Wife! WTF!?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We just got notification from the USCIS that our AOS (I-751) was denied by the Vermont Service Center. In a 3 page letter, they claim that "the evidence we submitted was not sufficient" and then they list evidence that they need. Everything that they suggest, we submitted, except one item..."children as a result of your marriage". Well, my wife and had to endure 3 miscarriages in 2010, but these inconsiderate bastards think our marriage is fake! I'm so angry!

When we had our interview at the Jacksonville USCIS location, we brought all our tax documents, joint savings accounts, driver license, military IDs, bills, proof of insurance, and even a box filled with photographs. But, they didn't even interview us! We drove 4 hours for nothing! They just took her finger prints and said, "well, thats all we need, you should get a green card in 6 months or so." If they had doubts about our marriage, then why didn't they interview us.

I can't believe that they think our marriage is a hoax. Just because we don't have kids (although my wife is 8 months pregnant now) they think its not a marriage in good faith!? I'm active duty military and I'm trusted with Top Secret clearances, flying multi-billion dollar aircraft and I assure you that the military is much more detailed in their investigation of my foreign spouse than USCIS could even dream of. Yet, somehow, the military didn't find any problems with our marriage and they trusted me and granted my clearances. This is such a slap in face.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I don't know what else we can send them that certifies our true love of each other that we haven't already given them. My wife is due on Dec 6, but the USCIS wants our new evidence by 5 Dec, typical.

Sorry for the vent, but this is very frustrating.

Moving thread from AOS forum to the removing conditions forum.

I will say that there is a USCIS military helpline - I would start there to try and unravel this.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=7d1f8430256b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=7d1f8430256b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Yes, I am aware of the help line. I'm currently TDY and once I get back home I plan on calling them. I want to make sure I have all the documents out in front me before I call them.

We just got notification from the USCIS that our AOS (I-751) was denied by the Vermont Service Center. In a 3 page letter, they claim that "the evidence we submitted was not sufficient" and then they list evidence that they need. Everything that they suggest, we submitted, except one item..."children as a result of your marriage". Well, my wife and had to endure 3 miscarriages in 2010, but these inconsiderate bastards think our marriage is fake! I'm so angry!

When we had our interview at the Jacksonville USCIS location, we brought all our tax documents, joint savings accounts, driver license, military IDs, bills, proof of insurance, and even a box filled with photographs. But, they didn't even interview us! We drove 4 hours for nothing! They just took her finger prints and said, "well, thats all we need, you should get a green card in 6 months or so." If they had doubts about our marriage, then why didn't they interview us.

I can't believe that they think our marriage is a hoax. Just because we don't have kids (although my wife is 8 months pregnant now) they think its not a marriage in good faith!? I'm active duty military and I'm trusted with Top Secret clearances, flying multi-billion dollar aircraft and I assure you that the military is much more detailed in their investigation of my foreign spouse than USCIS could even dream of. Yet, somehow, the military didn't find any problems with our marriage and they trusted me and granted my clearances. This is such a slap in face.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I don't know what else we can send them that certifies our true love of each other that we haven't already given them. My wife is due on Dec 6, but the USCIS wants our new evidence by 5 Dec, typical.

Sorry for the vent, but this is very frustrating.

Can you post exactly what the 3-page letter said?

ROC

01 May 2013 - Received ROC reminder letter

22 Jul 2013 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

24 Jul 2013 - NOA1 date

27 Jul 2013 - Received NOA1

03 Aug 2013 - Received Biometrics letter

20 Aug 2013 - Biometrics appointment

19 Sep 2013 - Approved

24 Sep 2013 - Received NOA2

09 Oct 2013 - Received GC

Timeline

Not yet, the letters are at our home, and all I have is JPEGs that my wife Scanned to me. I don't want to post the images because of all the privacy information that is on them. Once I get back home, I could post the text. In a nutshell, the first letter includes:

- "the evidence submitted with your form is insufficient. USCIS requires certain additional evidence to process your form."

- "All evidence should be submitted at the same time on or before 5 Dec 11."

2nd letter includes:

- "Your supporting evidence does not sufficiently establish that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and the continue to share a life together.:

- "You submitted a copy of your DOD ID card, copy of your 1099 INT showing a joint savings account, copy of a voided check showing joint checking account, and evidence of joint car insurance."

- "Although these items begin to establish the indication of a relationship, they are not strong enough, as a whole, to establish that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together."

The letter then lists the following as "Good Faith Marriage" examples: Children as a result of your marriage, Evidence of a common residence, Joint financial resources, and health, financial, and estate planning arrangements with each other. I submitted evidence for everything except the Children because we did have any at the time. I wonder if I should submit the medical paperwork that documents our 3 miscarriages? Thats terrible if we have to do that.

The third page includes information about a required response during the designated time period and what the consequences will be if we don't respond in time.

Thats it, in a nutshell.

Not yet, the letters are at our home, and all I have is JPEGs that my wife Scanned to me. I don't want to post the images because of all the privacy information that is on them. Once I get back home, I could post the text. In a nutshell, the first letter includes:

- "the evidence submitted with your form is insufficient. USCIS requires certain additional evidence to process your form."

- "All evidence should be submitted at the same time on or before 5 Dec 11."

2nd letter includes:

- "Your supporting evidence does not sufficiently establish that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and the continue to share a life together.:

- "You submitted a copy of your DOD ID card, copy of your 1099 INT showing a joint savings account, copy of a voided check showing joint checking account, and evidence of joint car insurance."

- "Although these items begin to establish the indication of a relationship, they are not strong enough, as a whole, to establish that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together."

The letter then lists the following as "Good Faith Marriage" examples: Children as a result of your marriage, Evidence of a common residence, Joint financial resources, and health, financial, and estate planning arrangements with each other. I submitted evidence for everything except the Children because we did have any at the time. I wonder if I should submit the medical paperwork that documents our 3 miscarriages? Thats terrible if we have to do that.

The third page includes information about a required response during the designated time period and what the consequences will be if we don't respond in time.

Thats it, in a nutshell.

so you have just received an RFE(request for evidence), not a denial.. that is my understandign from the letter..

anyone, correct?

I concur. Send in whatever they want even if you already submitted it.

ROC

01 May 2013 - Received ROC reminder letter

22 Jul 2013 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

24 Jul 2013 - NOA1 date

27 Jul 2013 - Received NOA1

03 Aug 2013 - Received Biometrics letter

20 Aug 2013 - Biometrics appointment

19 Sep 2013 - Approved

24 Sep 2013 - Received NOA2

09 Oct 2013 - Received GC

you have scared the funk out of me, the last thing we want to see a denial on this forum. also, send joint checking account statements spanning your two year marriage, health insurance showing you or your spouse as beneficiary, 401(k) showing your spouse as a benficiary, medical bills, driver's licenses showing the same address, and if your wife has changed her surname to yours include something showing that you both have the same last name.

and anything you can think of...

Edited by angus28

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2nd letter includes:

Submit copies of statements (one for every 3 months/ 4 spanning a year) for the Joint Accounts. Honestly I could order checks for one of my accounts and have it say "Bob LastName or Minne Mouse" i doubt the check printing company even bothers to verify the names/address for their orders.

DOD ID cards don't have a home address on them do they? Maybe provide State ID/DL showing the same address. Also if you have some bills in each of your names for the same residence those are proof of co-habitation and mingling finances.

Joint lease would work also. How about documents showing that the Military acknowledges her as your spouse like DEERS enrollment etc.

It's a form letter, don't take it personally. The whole of your submitted evidence is weak that's why the Request For Evidence not because you don't have a baby.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Tax returns

AFBA life insurance set up

bank statements - every 4th or so month since she got her residency

copies of medical insurance cards

copies of DLs

get a DEERS dependant statement

bills - in your, hers or both names

medical bills you received (one name or both showing beneficiary) or statement of benefits

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Tried to edit my last post but waited too long. So here's more:

You need to show evidence during the whole span of your marriage. You've already gotten several good responses on what they want. Here's what we sent:

2 years tax TRANSCRIPTS

joint leases

joint checking, savings, credit cards, and cd's (showing multiple statements)

joint car insurance, life insurance with husband as beneficiary

a photo album, and mail to the 2 of us as well as to us both separately, to show same address

copies of DLs

There were a few other things. Calm down. This is not what you're making it out to be.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We just got notification from the USCIS that our AOS (I-751) was denied by the Vermont Service Center. In a 3 page letter, they claim that "the evidence we submitted was not sufficient" and then they list evidence that they need.

So that's a RFE, request for evidence; not a denial letter.

When we had our interview at the Jacksonville USCIS location, we brought all our tax documents, joint savings accounts, driver license, military IDs, bills, proof of insurance, and even a box filled with photographs. But, they didn't even interview us! We drove 4 hours for nothing! They just took her finger prints...

So that wasn't an interview, but the biometric appointment where they do nothing but take a photo, fingerprints and a signature.

All snark withheld for now, I know this is stressful, but do try to read the instructions and the letter, as well as trillium's excellent advice.

In addition to what she's listing, we also had screenshots of ebay and PayPal accounts, showing clearly that one man and one woman are using both, also envelopes from friends, family, business and junk mail addressed to one, or the other, or both of us, at the same address, collected over many months; also, bank statements showing both of us having salary deposited there, and both of us spending from there.

Think "Office Space": If you think the bare minimum is enough, then ok. But some people choose to wear more pieces of flair and we encourage that, ok?

Edited by Kar_98

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.