TeapotGirl

List of Red flag to the USCIS

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just basically downloaded the forms, edited and printed it. Meaning the answers in the field AREN'T HIS HANDWRITTEN. Is that a problem? We will have the same answer anyway.

Not at all. They are fillable forms using Adobe Reader. As long as they are his answers, and he signs the form after reviewing the form, and you sign and disclose on the form that you prepared the form for him. Seems like it would be easier for him just to fill at the form online, print, and sign it himself.

If you read the section it asks for the "Firm Name and Address", it also asks for the G-28 ID number, the G-28 form is here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=44bd4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD and is: "To provide notice that an attorney or accredited representative of a religious, charitable, social service or similar organization will appear before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of a person involved in a matter before USCIS." [emphasis added]

So.. NO, I did NOT complete the section reserved for any of those listed in bold above.

Look at the instructions for Part 6.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90instr.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Look at the instructions for Part 6.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90instr.pdf

i-90 is an application for a new GC. I could understand it being required there (as someone could be trying to acquire someone elses GC) but it also doesn't mention that EVERYONE needs to complete it. You'll see it goes on to mention businesses and law firms. I stand by my analysis that I am not required to complete it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not at all. They are fillable forms using Adobe Reader. As long as they are his answers, and he signs the form after reviewing the form, and you sign and disclose on the form that you prepared the form for him. Seems like it would be easier for him just to fill at the form online, print, and sign it himself.

His printer broke before he flew to meet me in person. So I prepared "everything" at least of what I know (chat archives for 2 yrs, screenshot, pictures of us together, etc) that time so that he will just have to submit stuff once he's back home. I found out that there are still some stuff left and has to check things 200x before mailing it to TX.

I don't think it would hurt if I'll just do it myself, have him go through it and explain what I did and have him sign it.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

i-90 is an application for a new GC. I could understand it being required there (as someone could be trying to acquire someone elses GC) but it also doesn't mention that EVERYONE needs to complete it. You'll see it goes on to mention businesses and law firms. I stand by my analysis that I am not required to complete it.

So you don't understand the difference between "must" and "if", or are you unwilling to admit you may have fraudulently filed an application with the USCIS? :whistle:

His printer broke before he flew to meet me in person. So I prepared "everything" at least of what I know (chat archives for 2 yrs, screenshot, pictures of us together, etc) that time so that he will just have to submit stuff once he's back home. I found out that there are still some stuff left and has to check things 200x before mailing it to TX.

I don't think it would hurt if I'll just do it myself, have him go through it and explain what I did and have him sign it.

I am sure the evidence you prepared for him will be fine without explanation.

Timeline

@ Vanessa and Tony :thumbs:

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Doing all the paperwork is a red flag? No. I did all the paperwork (save for stuff I wasn't sure about). I am paperwork minded, my husband is not. I had a 5 minute K1 interview and approved for AOS without interview. I think most people assume the guys aren't really into the paperwork. Sexist? Possibly, but girls are typically more detail minded.

Hmmm I made my husband do all the paperwork!

As for the original poster, I would say that the things mentioned are not a red flag characteristic!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

He was just here 2 days ago. We lived together for 3 months. Yeah we are starting the process, I'm preparing everything, he just need to sign it and file himself. He doesn't have patience with this kind of stuff. It's unbelievable overwhelming. I am not ugly, my BF is huge but cute. Unless you know us, I am not expecting that it is really love on my end (him too). I could be with any guys in my age but for some reason, I don't fit in their crowd.

AGE IS NOT A PROBLEM... BECAUSE ME AND MY HUSBAND WAS 38 YEARS GAP...HIGHER THAN YOURS AND EVERYTHING WAS OK, IN CONSULATE INTERVIEW ONLY I THINK THEY WILL QUESTION YOU IF IT'S OK WITH YOU THAT YOUR PARTNER OLDER THAN YOU OF HOW MANY YEARS, AND THAT'S ALL AS LONG HONEST EVERYTHING.. SO FOR ME IS NOT A TROUBLE ABOUT THE GAP....SO GOOD LUCK

Just wanted to know if things will be more difficult than what it is because of the age gap. I read somewhere that it could raise a suspicion.

Timeline

I just basically downloaded the forms, edited and printed it. Meaning the answers in the field AREN'T HIS HANDWRITTEN. Is that a problem? We will have the same answer anyway.

I did the same thing.. I filled up the forms, made the entire file and I sent it to him in the US for him to sign whatever needs to be signed. I did not of course put in my details and signature for the field "prepared by". That wasn't necessary since he was the one who actually mailed it to the lockbox facility in TX. We work as a team of course while doing that he did his best to provide the necessary supporting documents.

With regards the big difference in age.. That shouldn't be problem here in the Philippines. I have seen lots of cases of the same and they were no issues in visa approval so long as you are able to establish a bonafide relationship. I and my fiance have 19 years of age gap and I don't see it as a problem. Others seems to have a low opinion on that but you cares anyway.. at the end of the its not their opinion that counts.. its how you make the relation works and be able to stay married to him.

Chill out everything will just be fine.. :))

You will be fine sis. I am 23 years younger than my hubby and I did prepare all the paper works as well because my hubby is busy and not much into documentation ( And I even the one doing his paper works, paying his bills online, renew his DL, car etc even I am still here in the Philippines) and I guess there is no problem with that as you both working together and doing the easy way. I even prepared all the proof with pictures and labeled them ( handwritten) and also our short story ( its not necessary though).

Additional: Some of the info in our Biographic sheets is my handwritten too. :)

Praise God we approved at USCIS with no RFE or red flag...You can do it sis...Everything will be fine. Just follow the steps and submit more proofs of your relationship. ( age doesn't matter as long as you love each other).

God bless in your visa journey.

:)

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Timeline
So you don't understand the difference between "must" and "if", or are you unwilling to admit you may have fraudulently filed an application with the USCIS? :whistle:

What do you mean "unwilling to admit"? I admitted that I didn't fill that section out but I disagree that not doing so made it fraudulent. I explained to you where you were misunderstanding but you're still unwilling to admit that you might be wrong. When a section mentions "firm name" and asks for G-28 info you don't complete it.

Example, lets say you have an attorney. Your attorney's name would be in that section BUT the attorney isn't the one who completed the form, their ASSISTANT did and yet their name is in the box, why? Because the attorney is the contact, not the assistant and the attorney receives the NOA1s etc.

Another example, lets say my mum filed something. She might not be the best with computers so I sit here and "complete" the form and she tells me the answers. I'm the one doing the actual typing.. does that mean I fill in the "prepared by" section because technically I did? No.

You're just completely misunderstanding the purpose of that section. If I wanted to be the one to get the notifications etc I would have completed that section. He gave me his information, I completed my information. My husband of course read the forms, completed anything that was missing and signed it as correct. There is nothing fraudulent about that.

What do you mean "unwilling to admit"? I admitted that I didn't fill that section out but I disagree that not doing so made it fraudulent. I explained to you where you were misunderstanding but you're still unwilling to admit that you might be wrong. When a section mentions "firm name" and asks for G-28 info you don't complete it.

Example, lets say you have an attorney. Your attorney's name would be in that section BUT the attorney isn't the one who completed the form, their ASSISTANT did and yet their name is in the box, why? Because the attorney is the contact, not the assistant and the attorney receives the NOA1s etc.

Another example, lets say my mum filed something. She might not be the best with computers so I sit here and "complete" the form and she tells me the answers. I'm the one doing the actual typing.. does that mean I fill in the "prepared by" section because technically I did? No.

You're just completely misunderstanding the purpose of that section. If I wanted to be the one to get the notifications etc I would have completed that section. He gave me his information, I completed my information. My husband of course read the forms, completed anything that was missing and signed it as correct. There is nothing fraudulent about that.

And what do you base all your assumptions on, compared to clear instructions on other USCIS forms.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400instr.pdf Part 12

Timeline

And what do you base all your assumptions on, compared to clear instructions on other USCIS forms.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400instr.pdf Part 12

Am I missing something in the I-9?

The N-400 I would fill in, it's worded completely differently to the I-129F "prepared by" section. The I-129F section asks for Firm name, and G-28 number. N-400 does not ask for G-28 number, I129f does. N-400 asks for firm name "if applicable", I-129F does not make that distinction. There are also no instructions on the I-129F about it. I did not complete that section as reading it shows it's not applicable to me as I don't have a firm address, and I don't have a G-28 ID number. There is no "if applicable" like with the N-400. I understand what you're saying but I still think you misunderstand with the I-129F specifically.

Am I missing something in the I-9?

The N-400 I would fill in, it's worded completely differently to the I-129F "prepared by" section. The I-129F section asks for Firm name, and G-28 number. N-400 does not ask for G-28 number, I129f does. N-400 asks for firm name "if applicable", I-129F does not make that distinction. There are also no instructions on the I-129F about it. I did not complete that section as reading it shows it's not applicable to me as I don't have a firm address, and I don't have a G-28 ID number. There is no "if applicable" like with the N-400. I understand what you're saying but I still think you misunderstand with the I-129F specifically.

So, now that you are "informed", you will fill out that section on future forms. I see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.