Ma^Kali

NOVEMBER 2011 visa bulletine prediction

421 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys

Let us wake up. I remember sometime a few years ago, eb2 was mistakenly published as current and the day after it was published, dos reset it to some 2 years past date. Then all Indian eb2 folks got upset and requested the person responsible for publishing the visa bulletin by sending bouquet to the person's home in DC. It worked. The person republished the Bulletin and eb2 was set back to current for 1 month.

Morale of the story is:

We should start pushing the dept responsible for publishing the bulletin stating the facts that visa count for f2a is not fully utilized every year. Family based immigration system for LPR is totally fault and ignored by the USCIS. What is happening to the new visa allotment in the fiscal year that is just going to start in october. Its not making sense that the dates are not moving inspite of new visa allotment. My suggestion is everybody sign one letter and make sure the person who publishes the bulletin read it, seriously.

Any thoughts, friends?

PD: March 2011

Timeline

Guys

Let us wake up. I remember sometime a few years ago, eb2 was mistakenly published as current and the day after it was published, dos reset it to some 2 years past date. Then all Indian eb2 folks got upset and requested the person responsible for publishing the visa bulletin by sending bouquet to the person's home in DC. It worked. The person republished the Bulletin and eb2 was set back to current for 1 month.

Morale of the story is:

We should start pushing the dept responsible for publishing the bulletin stating the facts that visa count for f2a is not fully utilized every year. Family based immigration system for LPR is totally fault and ignored by the USCIS. What is happening to the new visa allotment in the fiscal year that is just going to start in october. Its not making sense that the dates are not moving inspite of new visa allotment. My suggestion is everybody sign one letter and make sure the person who publishes the bulletin read it, seriously.

Any thoughts, friends?

i do agree with you......lets do something....please send letters to the authorities (if you dont want to say ur name and case number,please send it in fictitious name) but lets bring issue to their notice.....otherwise they will sleep and we dont care and finally we have to bear the burden..plz friend make a draft which we all send to the authorities....anyone with good englis please made a draft...

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

Jhp

Can u list out some points that are on top of ur mind so we can prepare a draft? We shud prepare a case explaining the situation. If needed, we shud be able to take an appointment to meet in person with the guy who is responsible for publishing the bulletin. I will think abt the facts that we shud include in our letter.

More later

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bhutan
Timeline

Jhp

Can u list out some points that are on top of ur mind so we can prepare a draft? We shud prepare a case explaining the situation. If needed, we shud be able to take an appointment to meet in person with the guy who is responsible for publishing the bulletin. I will think abt the facts that we shud include in our letter.

More later

I like the idea.lets do it.

Timeline

Guys!!

We should send the letters to Mr. Charles Oppenheim VO chief. He was the one who told F2A will be current or close to current by February 2011.

Here is his statement:

Mr. Oppenheim was also able to provide some predictions and expectations for movement of the family-based visa numbers over the next few months. Unlike the employment-based visa numbers, which are expected to advance very slowly over the next few months, the family-based visa numbers, especially in the 2A category are expected to continue to advance consistently and relatively quickly.

FB 2A. According to Mr. Oppenheim, this family-based category has shown a very low demand over the past months; accordingly, Mr. Oppenheim expects that the 2A category (spouses and children of permanent residents) will continue to move forward aggressively and by the February 2011 visa bulletin, this category may be current or close to being current.

website link:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum88-priority-dates-transfers-and-post-140-approval-options/1600476-visa-bulletin-updates-from-charles-oppenheim.html

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Filed: Timeline

I like the idea.lets do it.

I took an initial stab at it, might not be good... pls feel free to use as needed also let me know if I will be helpful

The very important part of family union is being hit for green card spouses with the long waits. The wait time to process legal residence paperwork for spouses and minor children of Green Card holders is nearly 4 years. During this time, there are very few options for family to be together as spouse or child cannot enter UD on any visa that does not allow for immigrant intent, essentially making spouses ineligible to visit US on temporary visas. At the same time, Permenant residents are not allowed to leave America for extended period of times.

Having spouses join back in US with green card counterparts with shorter time periods also adds and spurs economy growth, as spouses would be able to work and contribute in taxes.

My Wife & Daughter PD: June 2009.

Timeline

Ok. Kishore's letter is a good start. We should write such letter and have it signed by everybody. Then wait for a few weeks and meet that guy in person. We shud plan for a trip to DC and express our concerns. Question - do we need to send letters individually or 1 letter with all e-signatures shud be ok. ? We shall react before the next VB is out

Timeline

Ok. Kishore's letter is a good start. We should write such letter and have it signed by everybody. Then wait for a few weeks and meet that guy in person. We shud plan for a trip to DC and express our concerns. Question - do we need to send letters individually or 1 letter with all e-signatures shud be ok. ? We shall react before the next VB is out

Are we going to write to Mr. charles Oppenheim or Hilary Clinton??

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Timeline

Jhp

More later

yep...we should and have to quote their datas as we find in travel.state.gov...we can write about the 30% to 40% wastage of visas every year against our category f2a. As far as any case is concerned, we can put any case against them saying that due to this lapses of visas we have to wait for more duration..

They have alloted 88000 visas to f2a and they have utilises as per their source..travl.state.gov

-------------------------2001------2002------2003------2004-------2005------2006------2007------2008------2009

exempted----------------20,661-----14,565----9,343----17,160-----16,770----14,987----14,602----25,798----29,588

per country limit-------16,464-----11,524----8,189-----7,877------9,540----13,101----18,078----19,002----24,687

Edited by jhp

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

I took an initial stab at it, might not be good... pls feel free to use as needed also let me know if I will be helpful

The very important part of family union is being hit for green card spouses with the long waits. The wait time to process legal residence paperwork for spouses and minor children of Green Card holders is nearly 4 years. During this time, there are very few options for family to be together as spouse or child cannot enter UD on any visa that does not allow for immigrant intent, essentially making spouses ineligible to visit US on temporary visas. At the same time, Permenant residents are not allowed to leave America for extended period of times.

Having spouses join back in US with green card counterparts with shorter time periods also adds and spurs economy growth, as spouses would be able to work and contribute in taxes.

very good ....just add one point that they are not utilising all available f2a quota(88000)....they are just utilising 60% to 70% max. and add the data

----------------------------2001------2002------2003------2004-------2005------2006------2007------2008------2009

exempted----------------20,661-----14,565----9,343----17,160-----16,770----14,987----14,602----25,798----29,588

per country limit-------16,464-----11,524----8,189-----7,877------9,540----13,101----18,078----19,002----24,687

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

we should not e sign the letters bcaz i have seen one organisation unite families is doing this since 5 to 7 years but dont have any result yet.....i think we should send letters directly to Mr. charles Oppenheim individually.....and if possible to the NVC...

PD 23 dec 2010

we should not e sign the letters bcaz i have seen one organisation unite families is doing this since 5 to 7 years but dont have any result yet.....i think we should send letters directly to Mr. charles Oppenheim individually.....and if possible to the NVC...

Letter from F2A green card holders related to long wait times

Re: Long wait times of F2A spouses and children of green card holders.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Below are the statistics from travel.state.gov that NVC is using only partial quota of total alloted 88000 visas to f2a and causing agony and a long wait times for green card holders. We are writing this letter as we beleive you are the right contact who could take appropriate action on this and move visas in right direction.

-------------------------2001------2002------2003------2004-------2005------2006------2007------2008------2009

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

F2A green card holders.

Can you please let us know email addresses to where this needs to be sent,

Request every one on this form to send this letter to the emails... and respond back to forum that they have sent email.

If more people send the letter; better the movement would be.

Edited by kishorev1

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yep...we should and have to quote their datas as we find in travel.state.gov...we can write about the 30% to 40% wastage of visas every year against our category f2a. As far as any case is concerned, we can put any case against them saying that due to this lapses of visas we have to wait for more duration..

They have alloted 88000 visas to f2a and they have utilises as per their source..travl.state.gov

plz tell us the email where i send this letter

Letter from F2A green card holders related to long wait times

Re: Long wait times of F2A spouses and children of green card holders.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Below are the statistics from travel.state.gov that NVC is using only 60-70% quota of total alloted 88000 visas to f2a and causing agony and a long wait times for green card holders. We are writing this letter as we beleive you are the right contact who could take appropriate action on this and move visas in right direction.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

F2A green card holders.

Please send the above letter to all the below email addresses. Once you sent it; please reply back to this forum... more letters will help move PD faster. Below emails are only what I collected from internet... probably they are more that are important.. but here is the start...

Margaret.Gleason@dhs.gov

nvcinquiry@state.gov

cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov

VISABULLETIN@STATE.GOV

listserv@calist.state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.