ML1

RFE- Can't anyone help

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Finally got my RFE and says they want pics with dates, receipts, and ticket stubs or stamp passport. I had previously sent ticket stubs on which some you can't really see dates cause they are from 2009. I sent pics of us together as well, but they don't have dates. Do they need to have dates? The only thing I had not previously sent was copy of my passport stamped and receipts. When they say receipts, do they mean any sort from when I was in the UK visiting my fiance? If anyone can help me on this one I really appreciate. :) Thanks!

If they want the stamped passport, send it in. Remember to make a copy of all pages. Send any receipts you have from the time you were in the UK. I didn't have pictures with dates on them directly, but I did write in the dates and where we were at the time the picture was taken.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Finally got my RFE and says they want pics with dates, receipts, and ticket stubs or stamp passport. I had previously sent ticket stubs on which some you can't really see dates cause they are from 2009. I sent pics of us together as well, but they don't have dates. Do they need to have dates? The only thing I had not previously sent was copy of my passport stamped and receipts. When they say receipts, do they mean any sort from when I was in the UK visiting my fiance? If anyone can help me on this one I really appreciate. :) Thanks!

What I understand from what the USCIS asked you is the time that you were in UK to see your fiancée. Those lists you put can prove the time you were there. For the I-129f petition, the major thing is the time that you visit your fiancé. The USCIS want to see that clearly otherwise there is a possibility to be denied. Send the copy of your passport as quickly as possible.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Timeline

If they want the stamped passport, send it in. Remember to make a copy of all pages. Send any receipts you have from the time you were in the UK. I didn't have pictures with dates on them directly, but I did write in the dates and where we were at the time the picture was taken.

Thanks I will send passport stamped, and will put dates on the pics. I wasn't sure about receipts, but do have many and will send. :thumbs:

Timeline

What I understand from what the USCIS asked you is the time that you were in UK to see your fiancée. Those lists you put can prove the time you were there. For the I-129f petition, the major thing is the time that you visit your fiancé. The USCIS want to see that clearly otherwise there is a possibility to be denied. Send the copy of your passport as quickly as possible.

Good luck

I had sent pictures and ticket stubs before. Will send copy of passport stamped and receipts. Thanks you are always a help!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I sent a copy of every page of my passport to show stamps into the UK; printed out pictures and wrote the dates, places, and who all was in the pictures; and I sent a copy of my most recent flight itinerary. That is all I sent for proof of having met and I didn't get an RFE.

Timeline

I sent a copy of every page of my passport to show stamps into the UK; printed out pictures and wrote the dates, places, and who all was in the pictures; and I sent a copy of my most recent flight itinerary. That is all I sent for proof of having met and I didn't get an RFE.

Good you didn't get one. I had sent pictures, sent itinerary as well, and ticket stubs. Only thing I had not sent was copy of passport stamped with entry to UK. But will do now, and resend pictures with dates on them. Thanks for info! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I had previously sent ticket stubs on which some you can't really see dates cause they are from 2009.

Most likely they were too old. Evidence of meeting won't be accepted if the meeting happened more than 2 years prior to filing. Send most recent tickets and passport stamps and it should be fine.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: Timeline

Please send them these...

- Boarding pass and passport stamp to prove you have visted your fiance/fiancee within last 2 years

- Pics with date place and name who are in it at the back side send atleast 5 pics :whistle:

for above pics show that were taken at some famous places where you met your fiance/fiancee should be good

i have sent above stuff and got approved ,right now am at a stage of sending packet 3 back to US-embassy.

All the best!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Evidence also see primary and Secondary,mostly it is within the last year, always keep a copy of everything you send. Remember the goal not the inconvenience. If you are more the through this will go easier.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good you didn't get one. I had sent pictures, sent itinerary as well, and ticket stubs. Only thing I had not sent was copy of passport stamped with entry to UK. But will do now, and resend pictures with dates on them. Thanks for info! :)

It appears you sent just about everything except the single most important one, the passport stamp.

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Send pictures from different days, so they see you wear different clothes or have a different haircut/hairstyle. Send the flight invoice and maybe receipts from hotels were you stayed at. Send passports copys from both yours and your fiancée's. Send pics were they can see you with other family members and write in the back who they are, try to get some pics that don't look too "posed", f.i. you standing and talking to somebody or so. Maybe you can send sworn affidatives that your parents know your fiancée and vice versa.

Good luck!!! :dance:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Timeline

Most likely they were too old. Evidence of meeting won't be accepted if the meeting happened more than 2 years prior to filing. Send most recent tickets and passport stamps and it should be fine.

Thanks will do that. Had sent ticket stubs from last year. I think most likely was the passport stamped they wanted...Oops! :yes:

Timeline

Please send them these...

- Boarding pass and passport stamp to prove you have visted your fiance/fiancee within last 2 years

- Pics with date place and name who are in it at the back side send atleast 5 pics :whistle:

for above pics show that were taken at some famous places where you met your fiance/fiancee should be good

i have sent above stuff and got approved ,right now am at a stage of sending packet 3 back to US-embassy.

All the best!!!

Thank you will do so. Congrats on making it that far! All the best to you as well

Timeline

It appears you sent just about everything except the single most important one, the passport stamp.

Yes I can see that now... To think I got me an attorney to help with all process. But glad I've got you all here to help out! Thanks!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.