nastja

Proof of meeting each other

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We bought season passes, we both have cards with our photos and names on them. :) Plus receipts of course.

I also have a question about the pictures. Is it better to include the ones that were taken by others, because we have quite a lot of close-up photos (taken by either one of use or the remote)?

my lover is mine and i am his.

One thing, I can't pay with my card here, because it's Maestro and most places do not accept it. I can only get my money on ATMs, so that's what I'm doing. Plus, they hardly let me pay for anything. When he gets back from work, I'm going to ask him about the receipts from Six Flags, it would be a good thing to have those, since there is my name and his as well on it.

A couple of pics with you two with a background of a place that is undoubtedly here will do magic. Six Flags would be such a place, if the name of the park is in the pictures for example. We did some at the Alamo in San Antonio. Copies of itineraries from the place/site you bought the tickets will also do in lieu of boarding passes.

The 129F is only about having met, down the road at the interview is when you would need to have proof of a relationship still going.

Hi :)

I am not quite there yet, we haven't even started our process, but I am a proud member of this site and often just read through things.

This summer is the first time I met my boyfriend, in April I booked a flight ticket and left my home at the end of June to finally meet him. I am still here while I am writing this and won't be leaving until September 22nd.

I had a bit of problems at the Homeland Security, because they were quite sure I was going to either stay here in the US or work here, but everything turned out well, they just told me I am not allowed to work here. So my problem is that they took away my flight ticket (I have an electronic flight ticket and got some copies of it, so this won't be a problem), my boarding pass! And this is what worries me. They took away my boarding pass and as I heard, boarding passes are a primary evidence of us meeting, which would be great to have, but they took it away from me at Homeland Security. Will a copy of flight ticket work instead of a boarding pass? I am of course planning on saving those I get on my way back home.

I am very scared we (in case we ever start this process) won't have enough primary evidence. First of all because we are both pretty young and cannot really afford going to hotels together and fly over the ocean to see each other very often.

I would be very grateful if anyone could write down a list of primary evidence, so I can start saving things. :)

bye, n

You're not the US citizen though right? The US citizen, petitioner, is the one who petitions for the foreign beneficiary. So you are the beneficiary correct? The petitioner will have to send in evidence that you were both in the country at the same time and the same place. You should also fill out the G-325A and get passport photos while you are here so you don't have to send them to him. He's the one that will need the receipts of both of you with your names on them. Pictures are still a extremely important type of evidence, cause they speak a thouseand words and get into peoples minds. Get pictures of you and hime with his family. Get pictures of both of you with a background that can only be America. Pictures in front of his house wuth the house number and street name would be good. Since you are the one that came to America to see him you both will have to figure out some uniqe ways of proving you are both here and together but you can do it. I don't know if this will work but you both could try getting both of your signatures notarized on some document stating that you are both together in America or maybe see if a lawyer or somebody can vouch that you were both there in hig office, or maybe get your neighbors to vouch for you two being together, I don't know. Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We bought season passes, we both have cards with our photos and names on them. :) Plus receipts of course.

I also have a question about the pictures. Is it better to include the ones that were taken by others, because we have quite a lot of close-up photos (taken by either one of use or the remote)?

Great :)

The pictures are not required...but most people send them. They are good way to establish that you were together at one time. Items with dates on them are more important. So your season passes plus a picture of you guys there is good. You withdrawing money from his home town, is good. Passport stamps that show you entering the country are good.

As the previous poster said...if I were you I'd fill out the biographical info form before you leave and sign that plus a letter of intent to marry. (wouldn't hurt to get it notarized) and get passport pictures. Bear in mind that I think the passport pictures need to be recent when you apply so you may need to do them again, depending when you actually apply for the I-129F. But it doesn't hurt to get them if you may apply soon.

:)

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am not quite there yet, we haven't even started our process, but I am a proud member of this site and often just read through things.

This summer is the first time I met my boyfriend, in April I booked a flight ticket and left my home at the end of June to finally meet him. I am still here while I am writing this and won't be leaving until September 22nd.

I had a bit of problems at the Homeland Security, because they were quite sure I was going to either stay here in the US or work here, but everything turned out well, they just told me I am not allowed to work here. So my problem is that they took away my flight ticket (I have an electronic flight ticket and got some copies of it, so this won't be a problem), my boarding pass! And this is what worries me. They took away my boarding pass and as I heard, boarding passes are a primary evidence of us meeting, which would be great to have, but they took it away from me at Homeland Security. Will a copy of flight ticket work instead of a boarding pass? I am of course planning on saving those I get on my way back home.

I am very scared we (in case we ever start this process) won't have enough primary evidence. First of all because we are both pretty young and cannot really afford going to hotels together and fly over the ocean to see each other very often.

I would be very grateful if anyone could write down a list of primary evidence, so I can start saving things. :)

bye, n

Best thing is to just file I-129F while you're still in the US.Fill out part 12 of application. On part 18 I just wrote three sentences, and last one was .....she is in the USA at time of this form submission, leaving on MM/DD/YYYY... As to rest of stuff we submitted just couple of pictures, copy of her visas with entry stamps... You can do letter of intend and notarize it at same notary at same time on same page... But, anyway Part 12 of I-129F and copy of your visa page with entry stamp is most reliable proof (they can check your I-94 in one minute). Actually what you have already - is best evidence. Don't forget to sign G-325A, since you're already here :)

Edited by StvM

It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult. (Seneca Junior)

I didn't actually save any of my boarding passes because I never thought about it. Instead I went on my email and printed off all the itineraries and stuff that Expedia had emailed to me. Anything that proves that you had a flight there would be fine. As well as the stamps in the passport. From what it sounds like, you have lots of viable evidence. I really would't worry too much. Good luck with your future! :)

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

I feel much better now :) But we still have enough time to get more evidence, we're not even starting our process yet. He is planning on visiting me in the winter so there will be more photos and other kinds of evidence to mail with our I-129F. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

It seems like you are really jumping ahead of yourself here and starting to stress out when you haven't even started the process yet which is insanely stressful. As long as you have pictures, and your flight itinerary as well as your passport stamps you will be 100% fine, you could also include phone logs and emails or skype conversations. Enjoy your time together everything else will come with time. As for having a co-sponsor try taking 2 steps back. You won't need that until your interview at the embassy which will be 5-7 months after filing your I-129F. So deep breaths and enjoy being there with your boyfriend.

I am not. I just want to make sure what we will have to go through someday.

I don't think it's wrong to be prepared, plus it is really painful to be away from someone you love (which you probably know), and that's why I want to make sure we have all the information we need to get through this as fast as we can.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

bye, n

Boarding passes are -A- piece of evidence, not THE piece of evidence. Your passport stamps work just as well. No one cares HOW you got here, you can swim if you want, but you have to show plausible evidence you met in person and for that it is good to prove you were at least in the same country (any country) at the time you claim you met. Your passport stamp will serve that purpose. So will receipts from hotels, places you visit, even atm withdrawl tickets. Anything that produces a receipt from a location in the USA is evidence you were here.

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I didn't actually save any of my boarding passes because I never thought about it. Instead I went on my email and printed off all the itineraries and stuff that Expedia had emailed to me. Anything that proves that you had a flight there would be fine. As well as the stamps in the passport. From what it sounds like, you have lots of viable evidence. I really would't worry too much. Good luck with your future! :)

Itineraries themselves are not proof you had a flight anywhere, they are proof you had a ticket...however, together with passport stamps they will work fine.

She should have no trouble though, it is not difficult to produce evidence you were here.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Take a second look at primary and secondary evidence, passport, plane, ring and receipt, photos, friends you met or visited with, emails, cards, letters, etc. are proof of a relationship. See VJ for guides on this related material.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

while you're there with him, take a bunch of pics related to certain events. while pics themselves are not primary evidence, you can produce a pic of you two at the ball park (showing the score board) together with the tickets of the game showing the date and the teams. or a picture of you two outside of a certain restaurant and the receipt of payment made with your credit card. or a picture of you two with a clear and readable copy of today's issue of the NY times in hand (like they do in the movies with hostages to prove they are still alive at a certain date...). be creative! good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The stamps in your passport with your entry and exit dates should be good enough even without the boarding pass. What they want for primary evidence are documents that are not easily faked. Boarding passes qualify as that, but so does your passport so don't sweat it. Also, make ATM withdrawals and print out your bank statements (hopefully it will show the location of the ATM on them). Any type of receipt with your name and the date on it is good too (hotel, rental car, etc).

Pictures are good evidence you were together but they are only SECONDARY evidence because ultimately they can never fully prove the time they were taken. Even if you have a date stamp on the pic, that can be faked in about 1 minute with even the simplest picture editing software (or just setting the time on the camera to whatever you want before you take the pic). Remember, you are not just proving you met, but that you met during the last 2 years.

If you have your passport stamps, bank record with ATM withdrawals, a few good pics of you in different locations/different clothing, and a few various other receipts you should be fine on proving that you actually have met and when. Of course that is only part of what you need to prove the overall relationship is genuine, but it is probably one of the largest parts.

I think it is good you are thinking ahead!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Passport stamps are the proof of entry. Boarding passes are not. It isn't unheard of to get a boarding pass and then not get on the plane. People will tell you that pictures aren't necessary, but to that I say they don't hurt and they certainly do help. Knowing what a crazy process this is why in the world would someone take the chance of not including photos. The key is the photos must clearly show both of you. If you can get or have photos with family and friends that is even better. Posed or studio photos are not a good idea. But pictures from your time together in different places and different clothes are a plus.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.