Hatem&Zeinab

Did I Screw up?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

MY wife came here on a k1 visa and we got married within the 90 days period. I just learned that I should only file form I-485 only, when I actually filed forms I-485 and I-130 together and sent them to Chicago lockbox. Did I screw things up by filing the I-130?

Please I need advice.. Do I need to start and do something before it is too late, and run out of time of my 90 day period?

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

MY wife came here on a k1 visa and we got married within the 90 days period. I just learned that I should only file form I-485 only, when I actually filed forms I-485 and I-130 together and sent them to Chicago lockbox. Did I screw things up by filing the I-130?

Please I need advice.. Do I need to start and do something before it is too late, and run out of time of my 90 day period?

There is no time limit within which to file AOS....so don't worry about that.

USCIS should be able to determine what you need to do or do nothing.

Next time Read the Guides.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

did you not read the guide? http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

I dont think that it will be to big of an issue they may reject it and tell you to resubmit it. I am not too sure how they will look at it. Guess all you can do is wait. Dont worry if you go over the 90 days. Technically you could have waited until the 90th day and got married. It takes time to get the marriage certificate and such. You just need to apply to adjust status as soon as practical.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Cancel the payment for the I-130 if they haven't already cashed it. other wise you are out a bunch of money you never needed to pay!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I agree, cancel the check! Better to get the whole package rejected for a bounced check and refile properly than to waste money and possibly experience delays. I saw one case where a person did the same as you and their package seemed to be lost in no man's land for a year.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.