mhawari

I am us citizen and I've been trying to bring my mother to the U.S. for six years

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have wanted to speak to Supervisor Sue after I received a letter from NVC to resubmit fees and forms for not contacting them for one year. But I have contacted NVC, not only that I've been working with NVC since 2008 and I’ve contacted NVC ever since. NVC knows my mother lived in Canada for over a year and they need her criminal record to be released from the Royal Canadian mounted Police and submitted. NVC know this because I've sent a letter in May 2010 and they know they need this certificate in order to approve her. One of the NVC operator made a surprising comment "We didn't know if you wanted to continue with your petition." Do people just not continue with their petition after they paid so much money, submitted all kinds of forms and finger prints, waited and waited and waited and waited for a letter from them for our next task/ PROJECT, and do they even know how difficult it is to communicate across country without any help and the government in third world country is very different from the US! OFCOURSE I WANT TO BRING MY ONLY MOTHER TO COME VISIT HER FIRST BORN!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE YEARNED TO SEE HER, HOLD HER, WELL I'LL TELL YOU IT'S been TOO LONG AND AGAIN I'VE BEEN WORKING ON HER PAPERWORK WITHOUT ANY FINANCIAL HELP FOR 6 YEARS. YES I WANT TO CONTINUE WITH HER PETITION!

I just don't understand, after all the waiting I had to go through to receive that one letter from NVC that would tell me what my next step. NVC could not send me a letter to let me know that my petition will be dropped, would have pay the fees again, and resubmit my forms. In order to avoid that please contact us at the NVC office. But what NVC did is sent me a letter two weeks after my supposed time for my petition is up.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think it is reasonable to assume that you problem is with your lack of understanding of the process.

Have you consulted with a lawyer?

i was going to post the exact same thing.... "are you familiar with the process. "

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

*Moved from Bringing Family of LPR to Bringing Family of US Citizen forum*

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

I have wanted to speak to Supervisor Sue after I received a letter from NVC to resubmit fees and forms for not contacting them for one year. But I have contacted NVC, not only that I've been working with NVC since 2008 and I’ve contacted NVC ever since. NVC knows my mother lived in Canada for over a year and they need her criminal record to be released from the Royal Canadian mounted Police and submitted. NVC know this because I've sent a letter in May 2010 and they know they need this certificate in order to approve her. One of the NVC operator made a surprising comment "We didn't know if you wanted to continue with your petition." Do people just not continue with their petition after they paid so much money, submitted all kinds of forms and finger prints, waited and waited and waited and waited for a letter from them for our next task/ PROJECT, and do they even know how difficult it is to communicate across country without any help and the government in third world country is very different from the US! OFCOURSE I WANT TO BRING MY ONLY MOTHER TO COME VISIT HER FIRST BORN!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE YEARNED TO SEE HER, HOLD HER, WELL I'LL TELL YOU IT'S been TOO LONG AND AGAIN I'VE BEEN WORKING ON HER PAPERWORK WITHOUT ANY FINANCIAL HELP FOR 6 YEARS. YES I WANT TO CONTINUE WITH HER PETITION!

I just don't understand, after all the waiting I had to go through to receive that one letter from NVC that would tell me what my next step. NVC could not send me a letter to let me know that my petition will be dropped, would have pay the fees again, and resubmit my forms. In order to avoid that please contact us at the NVC office. But what NVC did is sent me a letter two weeks after my supposed time for my petition is up.

Six years????? You must be doing something wrong. It usually takes about a year for a US citizen to petition for a parent.

It's not the job of USCIS or the NVC to walk you through the process. You need to take control by learning what you need to do. If you don't understand the process, you will end up wasting time and money.

People abandon the immigration process all the time due to changed circumstances without notifying USCIS or the NVC. This is not uncommon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.