Peter_Pan

Help me! I'm confused!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello, everybody!

Sorry to burst in on you in this matter, but I am awfully confused. Can you, please, confirm that this is what the k1 application package must contain:

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.

2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)

4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)

6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)

7. G-325A filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example).

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. G-325A filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example).

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.

13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.

14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

And, in case of an incomplete application package, what must my fiance do? Can he send the necessary papers to complete it, or must we start all over again, the whole process?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It depends on what you forgot.

They would send an RFE for the documents they need or they would reject the entire thing and you would have to redo it and send it back to them. You don't say what was not included thought.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

yes if you follow it you shouldn't have any problems.

just make sure you go over everything 2 to 3 times t make sure you didn't leave any thing unanswered. also, put n/a and none in the correct spaces.

in case of an incomplete application package, what must my fiance do? if you are missing/incomplete anything the uscis will send you and rfe, which is the uscis way of asking to send them the missing item.

Can he send the necessary papers to complete it yes

must we start all over again, the whole process? NO

Edited by clarence954

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

And, in case of an incomplete application package, what must my fiance do? Can he send the necessary papers to complete it, or must we start all over again, the whole process?

In the case of an incomplete application it will be either rejected or USCIS will send the petitioner a Request for Further Evidence (RFE) depending on what was missing.

Timeline

It seems my fiance forgot everything but no 1, 2 and 3.

We got our data from the ucis site, but only found information about the fees and the I-129F form.

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Timeline

We got our data from the ucis site, but only found information about the fees and the I-129F form.

wow! it's 100 percent you will receive an rfe, but it will only delay the process by a few weeks that 's all. just have all the paper ready, so once you receive the rfe letter you can send it back immediately

Edited by clarence954

Timeline

Yeah, I know we messed up. It's damage control time I suppose, I'll make sure we have everything next time. Will he have to pay the fee again?

Also, he's in MN, should the package be sent to Nebraska or Vermont?

Edited by Peter_Pan

event.png

Your fiancé may get an RFE from the USCIS, in which case he should follow the directions on the RFE and submit the required documents.

However, there's also a chance the USCIS will reject the petition, cash the check, and keep the money. In that case, your fiancé will have to apply again...and pay again.

Timeline

Yeah, I know we messed up. It's damage control time I suppose, I'll make sure we have everything next time. Will he have to pay the fee again?

Also, he's in MN, should the package be sent to Nebraska or Vermont?

no you didn't mess up. it will only delay your process by a few weeks that's all. you will not have to pay anymore fees.

If you just sent it, the person that opens it might notice that your application is missing a lot and they will just send it back to you to complete, but I don't think that will happen because the check is good.

Edited by clarence954

Timeline

Your fiancé may get an RFE from the USCIS, in which case he should follow the directions on the RFE and submit the required documents.

However, there's also a chance the USCIS will reject the petition, cash the check, and keep the money. In that case, your fiancé will have to apply again...and pay again.

this is completely incorrect

Timeline

Ok. Thank you everyone.

Another question now. I live in a block of flats, so my mailing address includes number of the block, number of the entrance, floor, no of the apartment. In the files I have to fill in, at the address, they only have street and number. If I just fill in those, I would never get anything delivered. So, what should I do, disregard the "instruction" and write more of my address in the "number and street" box?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

if all he sent was 1 2 3 then he will get more than an RFE, he will most likely get a rejected petition because most of what is required is missing.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

if all he sent was 1 2 3 then he will get more than an RFE, he will most likely get a rejected petition because most of what is required is missing.

yes that's probable but the uscis isn't going to cash the check and tell him sorry. If it's rejected it will be better that way he can speed the process up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.