Verne Blaise

DV 2011 lottery interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

All,

Please my cousin attended her interview for the DV 2011 lottery on August 1st, 2011 at Tokyo Japan and Consular officer concluded she was ineligible under section 212(a)(5)(A)of INA.

My search of above mentioned section makes reference to labor certification? What's the real implication of above mentioned section to a DV lottery visa?

Any advice/idea on how to remedy such a situation?

Thank you all

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/17/2014 D261 (available and submitted)

03/18/2018 AOS fee (available and paid) in progress

03/19/2014 Mail AOS package

03/20/2014 AOS fee shows PAID online

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

03/31/2014 IV bill available and paid) in progress

04/01/2014 Mail IV documents

04/02/2014 IV fees shows PAID online

04/02/2014: IV package delivered to NVC

04/02/2014: Completed and submitted DS260

04/04/2014: Receive checklist for AOS

04/05/2014: Responded to checklist

04/23/2014: Case complete. Waiting for interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Has she overstayed a previous visa?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Was she attempting to use her job skills as reason to enter instead of schooling ? It sounds like they found that she did have the correct level of job skill per O net classifications

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Was she attempting to use her job skills as reason to enter instead of schooling ? It sounds like they found that she did have the correct level of job skill per O net classifications

This is what's the reason - she probably didn't have sufficient highschool level or job experience that falls in the appropriate level category - 4 or 5 is required, anything below that will NOT get a DV visa.

Cousin can go back to school or college and get qualified that way or get some relevant job experience - this is all for future DV lotteries - right now there is nothing she can do - the decision has been made for her DV2011 status.

I wonder why would she send off paperwork when she knew she would not qualify? Step 1 of the instructions for selectee clearly says to make sure you qualify and NOT send paperwork in if you don't:

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher. The U.S. Department of Labor provides information on job duties, knowledge and skills, education and training, and other occupational characteristics at their website http://online.onetcenter.org/. The O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program.

How To Find the Qualifying Occupations on the Department of Labor Website: Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the Department of Labor O*Net Online Database. Follow these steps, when you are in O*Net Online to find out if your occupation qualifies:

• <LI class=msonormal>Under "Find Occupations" select "Job Family" from the pull down; <LI class=msonormal>Then Browse by “Job Family”. (For example, select Architecture and Engineering) and click "GO";
  • Then click on the link for your specific occupation. (As an example, select Aerospace Engineers. At the bottom of this Summary Report for Aerospace Engineers, under the Job Zone section, you will find the designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8.0. This means using this example, Aerospace Engineering is a qualifying occupation.)

If you do not have either the required education or qualifying work experience, you are not eligible to be issued a diversity visa. Only you, as the principal applicant, must meet this requirement. Your spouse and children do not have to meet this requirement. Do not continue with this application if you do not meet the qualifying education or work experience requirements explained above.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Has she overstayed a previous visa?

@ Penguin_ie, no she has never visited the US

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

Timeline

@milimelo; that's the same question I asked myself. She wasn't even suppose to play from the onset. Most of the time when you here that some one has won the DV lottery, most people (myself) included always assume you have the educational requirement since it is well known pre requisitic.

Too bad all the funds have gone down the drain

Thank you to all those who responded.

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

@milimelo; that's the same question I asked myself. She wasn't even suppose to play from the onset. Most of the time when you here that some one has won the DV lottery, most people (myself) included always assume you have the educational requirement since it is well known pre requisitic.

Too bad all the funds have gone down the drain

Thank you to all those who responded.

You'd be surprised how many people do not qualify - thousands. That's why they have the pool of 100,000 potential applicants so they do give out 50,000 diversity visas in the end.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.