Dan and Judy

Should I allow my wife to eat

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Even for an american I have pretty terrible diet. As often as not breakfast is chocolate and a diet soda or Ice cream. Mcdonalds is my favorite restaurant. for whatever reason I'm still relatively thin.

I thought I was immune to the bad effects but a couple years ago my cholesterol was up. Doc said exercise more and watch your diet.

I went through a short phase of eating oatmeal for breakfast and paying attention to what I ate but that phase is pretty much behind me.

Judy's diet is fish and rice and water with some occaisional fruits and vegetables.

She will be here in a couple of months assuming all goes well. She seems to be pretty comfortable with the man (Me) being in charge.

I assume if I was a smoker most people would be comfortable with me telling her she is not allowed to smoke. I also know that the best thing for both of us would be

to add some more fruits and vegetables to her diet and then I adopt that. I know thats not going to happen.

Other than fish sticks and tuna fish, fish tastes like fish, yuck!!

If I don't decide ahead of time to not allow it , she will probably adopt my habbits in no time. separate diets is like a negative 10 in the romance department but

If I try to modify my diet that will probably turn out to be a short phase like the last time. It crossed my mind that we could eat the same thing at the evening meal but have separate

food for breakfast and lunch.

well more then likely she will be the one cooking for you at least for a little while.. so let her eat what she wants to eat. let her make what she wants to make and just eat it too.. hah-ah If you don't like don't eat it.. that how i look at things.. My wife will be allowed to do anything she pleases. smoke, drink, eat, get tattoos, just keep an open mind.. both my cousins married Filipinos and there wife's are wonderful great food too. so i would just for the first bit she is here go with the flow and suggest things to her.. remember she will be home sick for a little while when get heres. so her eating food she is used to is going to be the best thing you can do for her and yourself.

Timeline

Even for an american I have pretty terrible diet. As often as not breakfast is chocolate and a diet soda or Ice cream. Mcdonalds is my favorite restaurant. for whatever reason I'm still relatively thin.

I thought I was immune to the bad effects but a couple years ago my cholesterol was up. Doc said exercise more and watch your diet.

I went through a short phase of eating oatmeal for breakfast and paying attention to what I ate but that phase is pretty much behind me.

Judy's diet is fish and rice and water with some occaisional fruits and vegetables.

She will be here in a couple of months assuming all goes well. She seems to be pretty comfortable with the man (Me) being in charge.

I assume if I was a smoker most people would be comfortable with me telling her she is not allowed to smoke. I also know that the best thing for both of us would be

to add some more fruits and vegetables to her diet and then I adopt that. I know thats not going to happen.

If I don't decide ahead of time to not allow it , she will probably adopt my habbits in no time. separate diets is like a negative 10 in the romance department but

If I try to modify my diet that will probably turn out to be a short phase like the last time. It crossed my mind that we could eat the same thing at the evening meal but have separate

You sound resigned to failure. Maybe you are overthinking it, and it will be no big deal. Maybe both of you will develop tastes that complement each other. Food is a huge agreement between us. Always the best food we have ever eaten, and a fun time together. We eat mostly the same stuff, but she might put a side of smelly shrimp paste on her plate, and I usually eat more vegetables.

What's wrong with McDonald's? I bet she likes it. Mine sure does, and they have a playroom for the kids.

Timeline

Dude, are you crazy? If you want to live longer, then adopt her diet. Let her cook most (but not all) of the time. Just be glad she's not hooked on Jolibee, sisig or greasy pork all the time (tasty thought it is). Good luck!

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dude, are you crazy? If you want to live longer, then adopt her diet. Let her cook most (but not all) of the time. Just be glad she's not hooked on Jolibee, sisig or greasy pork all the time (tasty thought it is). Good luck!

To the original poster... :bonk: Read the quote from AK - shown above - Print it out and tape it to your bathroom mirror... and read it 10 times a day for the next 30 days! (lol) --- but seriously....

AK is right on. And it's not only if you want to "live longer".... it's the quality of life as you get older that you can influence now by your food choices.

Think about it this way..... She has made a life-long commitment to be with you, so give her the very best of yourself you possibly can... give her a healthy vibrant husband for life. Do it for her.

Our wedding pics with music...

http://animoto.com/play/SA1SIQmniZA5gRc3pxkDEA

Hubby and I are married for more than 4 years. He ate 2 or 3 kinds of my cooking. I love to eat rice, fish, fruits and veggies and hubby is the opposite. There are few types of food that we like to eat together, but most of the time I eat what I used to ate when I was still in the Philippines and that is obviously Filipino food including those foods that are not pleasant to the smells of americans but taste like heaven for us Filipinas :) while him he ate what he is accustomed to eat here which are burgers or mexican foods.

I love seeing him eating my cooking but being said that I don't want to change or convey him to eat what I ate because I don't want him either to force me to eat what he is eating. We have a 2 year old son and he both ate the food hubby and I used to eat.

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

Of course you should let her eat!! To no do so would be inhuman, right? but if she gains a kilo.... back to once helping of rice a day and all the water she can drink...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Maybe it's not the food your eating that's good for you that you don't care for maybe its that the WAY it's cooked or the TASTE of the recipe isn't good tasting to you....

Im diabetic and believe me I would much rather scarf down something really tasty rather than a veggie burger at times but im diabetic too so i do once in a while but the rest I make sure i eat healthy otherwise I wont' have a long life for my husband or our children.

You need to try some different recipes..not all fish is good...but try asking the meat market expert what he would suggest...that you don't like the taste of fish bcos some of it is quite gamey... he will be able to recommend a really good one... then use some really great seasonings that add that spice that gives it blackened cajun flavor or something and grill it!!! You would be very surprised at how good that is...grilled veggies are great too!!! You can even grill corn on the cob...

as far as the vegetables and fruits go...our son only likes corn on the cob....and salads...and raw carrot sticks so instead of making him eat the broccoli or the beans or anything else i make sure we have salad in the fridge all the time. So find something you do like so that you can eat it... and keep it in the house so its always available

There are so many things you can do to adjust your diet without going bland...believe me if I didn't find a way to make the foods I HAVE TO EAT TO STAY HEALTHY good and tasteful... I would be overweight and severely diabetic... not as i am now with controlled diabetes.

This is for your health and the life you want to have with your wife.. :) Just look up online recipes there are so many :)

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Get some of those vegetable trays from some place like Walmart and eat them with salad dressing - doesn't require any preparation!! Buy some unsalted peanuts for protein! Eat some dates, instead of chocolate. Jack Kerouac ate apple pie with ice cream every day for meals, and he died too young!!! Be wise and remember that you care for the one you love!! She depends on it. She is depending on you to be there for her! So take care of yourself.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

When I went to visit Eve in the Philippines, I made a point to eat the food that she normally eats and cooks. She is a great cook, and while there were a couple things that I didn't like much, most of it was very good. One thing I really noticed is that some of my allergies and such seemed to not be an issue at all during the trip. She also made sure I was very well fed, and I ate so much that I was sure I would have gained weight during the trip, but when I got on the scale when returning home, I had lost several pounds. I have since talked to several doctors to try to figure out what was so special that caused these effects. All of the doctors have told me that the Asian diet is much healthier and much more balanced than most American diets and certainly better than my current diet of typical fast food and such.

To test the doctor's theories, I tried a little test. Eve was on Skype and helped me make a couple meals the way she cooks. I should note that I'm not a very good cook. :) After eating those meals, both me and my 22 year old son both agreed that we felt much better during those days and the food was good.

Several times Eve and I have talked about this because she was concerned about not knowing how to make "American" food, and I have told her that I REALLY want her to convert us to her style of diet because based on the things I have been told and the research I've done, it will probably add years to my life and make those years much better.

The bottom line is that you are marrying someone who is going to be your partner in life. Learn from each other. American's typically have some of the worst diets in the world, so try something better. You might not like it so much at first, or there just might be a few things that you don't really like. Be flexible, try new things, and compromise in areas where it makes sense. Most of all, approach everything in the context of love and respect for each other.

--Jim

04/24/11 - Visit Fiance in Phil.

05/01/11 - Return from Phil. (Fantastic trip)

05/03/11 - Signed up with RapidVisa to help putting paperwork together.

05/10/11 - Requested signed documents and such from Fiance

05/16/11 - Recieved signed documents from Fiance (DHL)

05/19/11 - Application sent to Texas Service Center

05/25/11 - NOA1 - Said case was transfered to California Service Center

08/16/11 - NOA2

09/02/11 - Application Fee's paid via BDO

09/05/11 - Interview Appointment Confirmation

09/12/11 - Medical Day 1

09/13/11 - Medical Day 2

- K2 passed and received vacinations

- K1 required Sputum Culture -- SLMEC -x-ray looked "cloudy"

09/15/11 - Interview date, (Canceled)

09/26/11 - Culture Day 1

09/28/11 - Culture Day 3 -- 1st part of testing Negative

11/03/11 - New Interview Appointment Confirmation for 12/05/11 (trying to avoid delay)

11/28/11 - Sputum Culture Negative

12/01/11 - Vacinations and retesting for K1, retesting for K2, Medical Cleared

12/05/11 - Interview - Given 221(g)

-- Wanted CENOMAR for daughter's father directly from NSO, she had a NSO origional document in hand

-- Required a police clearance from Japan even though it has been over 10 years.

12/06/11 - Applied to NSO for daughter's father's CENOMAR to be sent directly to NSO

12/07/11 - Applied to Japanese Embassy in Manila for Police Clearance

01/20/12 - Japanese Police Clearance is at the embassy

02/07/12 - Visa's issued

02/23/12 - K1 Visa Expired

02/26/12 - Flights to US

***** Big Mess ****

Timeline

If I were you, I would not allow her to eat as you do...it's not healthy. Why are people in the "West" fat? Because they eat food that is essentially garbage. There are no nutrients in the "food." That is why people get fat, they eat the bad food and their body tells them that it needs nutrients so they keep eating...just filling themselves full of posion while slowly killing themselves.

Watch the movie "Super-size Me."

Let her cook for you, you might not like it at first, but if you want to be healthy, happy and live a long time with your wife, let her feed you. Isn't she worth living for?

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

tarsier.jpgpalms.jpgmmf.jpgch.jpgnv.jpgpalm.jpg

I have a diet similar to yours. The closest I get to eating fruits is strawberry poptarts. I hate to cook so I almost always eat fast food.

I'm looking forward to Jessa being here. I'm "allowing" her to be in charge of many things, including food. I'll just eat whatever she puts in front of me. I'm expecting that to make me healthier very quickly. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

This is almost as lame as Steven's thread. I want to know who are the three people that actually liked Steven's first post. :whistle:

Dan, Dan, Dan....find the nearest Asian store before she arrives, and plan on visiting that within days of her arrival. Buy a rice cooker and a deep fryer. Get hair traps for all the drains, and buy an electric blanket before the chill of fall.

In the meantime, consult a contractor about building a "Dirty Kitchen".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.