mimie

RFE for unsigned fiancee letter of intent

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI guys.. we payed an agency to guide us through this fiance visa process.. well i dont have an idea yet that visa journey website exists.. our case worker told us that i may or may not sign the fiancee letter of intent. Does anyone here received an RFE because of unsigned fiancee letter of intent? we're just on our 3rd month of waiting.. I dont know if its the new memo or our agency is not updated.. any input will be appreciated.. thanks! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HI guys.. we payed an agency to guide us through this fiance visa process.. well i dont have an idea yet that visa journey website exists.. our case worker told us that i may or may not sign the fiancee letter of intent. Does anyone here received an RFE because of unsigned fiancee letter of intent? we're just on our 3rd month of waiting.. I dont know if its the new memo or our agency is not updated.. any input will be appreciated.. thanks! :)

If I was ou I'd get rid of the agency. There again, if that's the only RFE you received, then good. All you have to do is sign the letter and send it back. I don't think you'd have to wait too much after that.

Good luck!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Since I signed and dated the letter, I didn’t get the RFE, however; I saw few people got the RFE due to the unsigned letter. As the guideline states the letter has to be signed and dated. Now send it back as quickly as possible after you sign and date. It might take another 2-4 weeks to get the approval after RFE.

Good Luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Timeline

Since I signed and dated the letter, I didn’t get the RFE, however; I saw few people got the RFE due to the unsigned letter. As the guideline states the letter has to be signed and dated. Now send it back as quickly as possible after you sign and date. It might take another 2-4 weeks to get the approval after RFE.

Good Luck

Can i send a signed letter of intent even if I dont have an RFE yet? I'm just wondering why our case worker who is an expert in this field told us that my intent letter need not to be signed.

Timeline

Can i send a signed letter of intent even if I dont have an RFE yet? I'm just wondering why our case worker who is an expert in this field told us that my intent letter need not to be signed.

No, you have to wait for the hard copy. There is specific place that you have to send the resppond and also you have to include the notice with other thing like NOA1. Just wait, it will be few days

K-1 Time Line

AOS, EAD, AP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No, you have to wait for the hard copy. There is specific place that you have to send the resppond and also you have to include the notice with other thing like NOA1. Just wait, it will be few days

Op did not even mention RFE they are wondering if they may get one for not signing letter of intent. You just got NOA1 in May so chill you may get nothing . Op just has to wait and see what happens It is only 2 months into processing.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Op did not even mention RFE they are wondering if they may get one for not signing letter of intent. You just got NOA1 in May so chill you may get nothing . Op just has to wait and see what happens It is only 2 months into processing.

We got our NOA1 april 15. :) thanks for the input :)

Timeline

I think the topic is "RFE for unsigned fiancée letter of intent" which means the OP got the RFE for not signing the letter. It is straight forward. Don’t need any explanation.

Good Luck

K-1 Time Line

AOS, EAD, AP

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

dont use angency as they are not a good help at all,they have no access inside the US embassy and they dont even know what would be the officer questions would be to u..they are just after ur money they will says this and that but the truth is they are 0% on helping u..just prepare all the documents that u need,better write down everything so u wont forget anything.

i recieved my visa today,i was given 221g form after my interview since i forgot to bring our married license..my daughter tho,1 yr old got approved right away.

i am married to american guy btw..the only question the officer asked me was,why we didn't apply for the fiancee or immigrant visa since we are married..then the only document he wants to see was our daughter BC and our married license,unfortunately i forgot our ML,so i got on hold and given 221g form,5 days after i sent it,they sent me back my passport with multiple visa valid until 2021,our interview was last july 19 only...i was watching those people got interviewed with those 100 people i was watching,no body got approved all denied,my daughter was the first one to got approved that day,its very stressing going on interview but just pray to God,nothing is impossible with him...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We got our NOA1 april 15. :) thanks for the input :)

Sorry 15th April. SO it's 3 months still need to wait and see what happens ok. Take deep breaths lol

I think the topic is "RFE for unsigned fiancée letter of intent" which means the OP got the RFE for not signing the letter. It is straight forward. Don't need any explanation.

Good Luck

Um excuse me if you read and look at timeline they have NOT received and RFE.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

What agency did you use? They should have checked over your entire package and let you know of any mistakes, etc. I used an agency as well and their instructions specifically stated that both my and my fiancee's letters needed to be signed and dated. The agency I used gave me explicitly detailed instructions and offered assistance on the phone and via e-mail. They also had me send them my package upon completion - 2 copies of original docs. They reviewed all my work, found a few items I missed, corrected them and then sent my package to the appropriate destination.

I did not get an RFE.

I don't know if you will get RFE or not for not signing the letters but the agency I used made it clear that those letters should be signed and sent as originals and not copies(the signatures).

If you do get RFE for that - its an easy remedy to just send the signed docs. Maybe you can have them already to go in case.

God bless on your journey!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

LOL... I think the OP made it clear that they wanted to know "Will they get an RFE for unsigned letter of intent?"

They haven't received anything.

If people read carefully, this thread wouldn't have reached this length, and the answer would have been more precise.

TO the OP:

chances are most likely an RFE will be sent to the petitioner for unsigned letter of intent. I say most likely because we cannot know for certain how these adjudicators comply to the necessities of the visa process.

that being said, I can comfortably say that an RFE will be coming your way. The good thing is your application is being processed by CSC which means its about to be adjudicated any day now.

Worst case, you will add another month to your processing.

As others have recommended, I would dump the agency you have used for gathering your petition together.

I feel the community here is far more knowledgeable that some dimwit lawyers who nickel and dime you. I know there are good lawyers out there but most on them don't really care to go the extra effort that people here do.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edit: I would get the signed letter ready to be sent out as soon as an RFE is received, don't add more delay to your processing by waiting. Of course, they may also want more information that just the letter of intent (incase somethign else was missed) but we can't judge that from this thread). Do not send in the Letter unless and until you receive an RFE, you're already close to being adjudicated so don't rock the boat by adding more confusion unless asked for it.

Hope this helps.

Chigs

Edited by Ami&Chigs
Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

...our interview was last july 19 only...i was watching those people got interviewed with those 100 people i was watching,no body got approved all denied,my daughter was the first one to got approved that day...

What type of visas were those 100 people interviewing for? Were any of them interviewing for fiancée or spousal visas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It does not matter what someone else may or may not have experienced.

A letter f intent is required from both parties. No one here can tell you if you will get an RFE, that will depend on the adjudicator reviewing the case to decide of you meet the requirement for "intending to get married within 90 days"

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.