웃

Whitey switches to GOP: From 46% Republican to 44% Democrat 3 years ago...Now Whitey is 52% Republican to 39% Democrat

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

More White Voters Shift to GOP Under Obama

The Republican Party has made big gains among white voters since President Obama was elected in 2008, but not among any other racial or ethnic group, according to a new Pew Research poll.

More than half of all white voters (52 percent) now identify themselves as Republicans, compared with 39 percent who are Democrats. That 13-percentage-point lead is significantly higher than three years ago, when 46 percent of white voters were Republicans, compared to 44 percent of Democrats.

At the same time, the Democratic Party’s dominance among black and Hispanic voters continues. Eighty-six percent of black voters and 64 percent of Hispanics are aligned with Democrats, compared to 8 percent of blacks and 22 percent of Hispanics for Republicans. In 2008, 88 percent of blacks and 66 percent of Hispanics voted Democratic, and 6 percent of blacks and 28 percent of Hispanics for Republicans.

The GOP gains among white voters was most pronounced among the young and the poor, the poll found. Republicans now hold an 11-point lead over Democrats among whites under age 30 (52 percent to 41 percent). Three years ago, Democrats held a seven-point lead at 49 percent to 42 percent. Among low-income voters – families with incomes less than $30,000 -- Republicans have a four-point lead, erasing the 15-point advantage Democrats had in 2008.

But the poll added that the massive GOP gains that helped sweep the party back into power last year haven't continued and that the Republican Party hasn’t expanded from its 28 percent of registered voters since 2008. The number of political independents, however, reached a record high at 34 percent in 2011, and more of them say they “lean” toward the GOP – 16 percent now compared with 11 percent in 2008, the poll found.

When leaners are included with partisans, Democrats have a four-point lead among all registered voters, with 47 percent. That’s down from the 12-point lead Democrats held over Republicans in 2008 with 51 percent of registered voters.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/23/more-white-voters-shift-to-gop-during-obama-era/?test=latestnews

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Do you realize that it is disrespectful to refer to persons of the Caucasian race as "whitey"? In some situations thems is fighting words depending on who and how it is said. I'm not pissed...just trying to educate.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

More White Voters Shift to GOP Under Obama

The Republican Party has made big gains among white voters since President Obama was elected in 2008, but not among any other racial or ethnic group, according to a new Pew Research poll.

More than half of all white voters (52 percent) now identify themselves as Republicans, compared with 39 percent who are Democrats. That 13-percentage-point lead is significantly higher than three years ago, when 46 percent of white voters were Republicans, compared to 44 percent of Democrats.

At the same time, the Democratic Party’s dominance among black and Hispanic voters continues. Eighty-six percent of black voters and 64 percent of Hispanics are aligned with Democrats, compared to 8 percent of blacks and 22 percent of Hispanics for Republicans. In 2008, 88 percent of blacks and 66 percent of Hispanics voted Democratic, and 6 percent of blacks and 28 percent of Hispanics for Republicans.

The GOP gains among white voters was most pronounced among the young and the poor, the poll found. Republicans now hold an 11-point lead over Democrats among whites under age 30 (52 percent to 41 percent). Three years ago, Democrats held a seven-point lead at 49 percent to 42 percent. Among low-income voters – families with incomes less than $30,000 -- Republicans have a four-point lead, erasing the 15-point advantage Democrats had in 2008.

But the poll added that the massive GOP gains that helped sweep the party back into power last year haven't continued and that the Republican Party hasn’t expanded from its 28 percent of registered voters since 2008. The number of political independents, however, reached a record high at 34 percent in 2011, and more of them say they “lean” toward the GOP – 16 percent now compared with 11 percent in 2008, the poll found.

When leaners are included with partisans, Democrats have a four-point lead among all registered voters, with 47 percent. That’s down from the 12-point lead Democrats held over Republicans in 2008 with 51 percent of registered voters.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/23/more-white-voters-shift-to-gop-during-obama-era/?test=latestnews

No surprise here. A lot of Dems are pro gay marriage, pro Dream Act, pro big government and pro Al Sharpton.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yep, no surprise. What we're saying here is that young and poor white folk are getting dumber.

some of those young people brought us obama - were they getting dumber then too?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yep, no surprise. What we're saying here is that young and poor white folk are getting dumber.

Who is educating them?

To tell the truth if I had a vaccum that could suck the brains out of everyone and because of that they would all march to the polls like zombies and vote for anyone BUT Democrats, I would turn it on and start sucking! Basically I do not care WHY a person does not vote for a Democrat.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Not the best and brightest. The GOP made sure of that.

How?

Please be specific.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

From a policy perspective, what exactly is the GOP offering to the young and poor? Yeah, crickets.

Why does the government need to offer anything? The problem begins with the concept that it is the government's job and that the GOP does not do it.

It is not the governments job to offer anything to anyone. Except protecing our rights. The government needs to get the heck out of the way and let us do what is best for our families. I am not waiting for the government to do anything for me, they cannot even close Guantanamo prison.

The poor and young do not need the government. There are more poor people saince the government declared war on povert...amd lost. The young will get old all by themselves.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

From a policy perspective, what exactly is the GOP offering to the young and poor? Yeah, crickets.

oh you mean eternal debt and inflation is a plus, as that's what obama's offering :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

fixed

You haven't paid much attention, have you?

That's your democratic "specific answer"? You just like to make off the cuff remarks that cannot be supported. Typical. This is what you get when you ask Democrats for answers.

Gary And Alla