Arle

Hello Romania!!!

672 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

welcome to VJ :)

and have a safe trip to ro :)

keep in mind, getting married in romania is NOT cheap, be prepared to pay big since you are american. especially for translations for passport, bc, divorse decree if you have one, AND you have to sign a paper stating you are free to marry in romania, which cost me and edi something like $200 just for that paper. you pay alot of people along the way. lil tip, it doesnt hurt to give gifts to ppl, if you want something done FAST, and not have to wait weeks, a chocolate bar, bag of coffee and a bottle of wine will guarentee shortened wait times. me and edi were told it would be 2 weeks before we could get married, we gave the lady in potcoava a chocolate bar, bag of coffee and a bottle of wine , we were married the next day :)

if you ever wanna talk, my email is hockeygir@gmail.com

congrats on your upcoming marriage :)

hugs,

Tara

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

welcome to VJ :)

and have a safe trip to ro :)

keep in mind, getting married in romania is NOT cheap, be prepared to pay big since you are american. especially for translations for passport, bc, divorse decree if you have one, AND you have to sign a paper stating you are free to marry in romania, which cost me and edi something like $200 just for that paper. you pay alot of people along the way. lil tip, it doesnt hurt to give gifts to ppl, if you want something done FAST, and not have to wait weeks, a chocolate bar, bag of coffee and a bottle of wine will guarentee shortened wait times. me and edi were told it would be 2 weeks before we could get married, we gave the lady in potcoava a chocolate bar, bag of coffee and a bottle of wine , we were married the next day :)

if you ever wanna talk, my email is hockeygir@gmail.com

congrats on your upcoming marriage :)

hugs,

Tara

Awww thankyou for the reply. I do have several questions I would like to ask you so thankyou for providing your email address. I will be emailing you shortly.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Oh I will be flying in Romania in february to see my family. Also going to Constanta because I was born there. :yes:

Ana-Romania3dflagsdotcom_roman_2fawm.gif

Kenn-Texas3dflagsdotcom_us_tx_2fawm.gif,United States of America

Please note that im only giving away my personal opinion.My advice is not legal.

You are going in Feb. also? wow what a coincidence. I'm flying out of KC on Feb. 13 so I can spend Valentine's Day with my love. :D

Our CR-1 Timeline

• 2 months later...

Okay I am curious...Ionescu I think I asked you this question before but you said you were pregnant at the time if I remember correctly...anyways... we have to get one of those health certificates before we get married. I am curious what they do to you...if any of you guys know and can tell me...I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Our CR-1 Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Okay I am curious...Ionescu I think I asked you this question before but you said you were pregnant at the time if I remember correctly...anyways... we have to get one of those health certificates before we get married. I am curious what they do to you...if any of you guys know and can tell me...I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I dont know :) We paid extra money to avoid any medical things since i was pregnant and didnt want the xray and my husband is scared of needles and didnt want his blood taken. but i know xrays and blood test is done. :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Yes bribes are very normal process ..

It's just business as normal... but maybe a call to one of the medical centers the Consulate gives you to express your concern.. and ask if you can pay extra not to have these done..

Also...I was scared of needles als..other then I get blood taken every 6 months.. but I needed like 6-7 shots before going to Moldova... Let me tell you...Shots in the arm are so easy!!!! 10 times easier the having blood taken...I hardly felt anything..

Now in your butt... don't flinch or tighten up...or your going to be limping because it's like getting a bruise... in both areas..Just relax...and look the other way... :)

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

hello all..im new on this forum and im glad i saw romanians here..Im romanian also..and i will start to apply now for my k1 visa...if u know any cases can u help and tell me aprox. how long dose it takes usualy until u finish with all...im at Vermont center..wich is fast...and i heard the appointements for visa in Romania are fast also...Do u know any cases kinda like mine? thanks and hello to all romanians :D

Salutari din Germania,

Inca un romanash pe visajourney. Foarte curand voi fi in Maryland......

Toate cele bune,

Adriana

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Helloooooooo All!!

I'm from Romania as well :) really surprised to see the this many romanians here and also really happy about it. I'm from Buzau and will probably start applying for the fiance(e) visa today and i was wondering if there is anyone left in the country still filling out papers for the visa. So if anyone wants to help me out a bit Pm with a phone number ^_^

Good luck to all! :thumbs:

• 4 months later...

So I'm curious why there are 2 hello Romania threads. Is one for speaking English and one for Romanian? :unsure:

Our CR-1 Timeline

the other one is more active ;)

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for any of you that went through Bucharest for an IR-1. Can you give me an idea of how much the visa cost at the interview?

Our CR-1 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.