irishgirl73

got bad news

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Some of you know-I have been waiting to hear from VSC about my k-1 petition which is waiting in limbo. I got a letter from them yesterday telling me that they can not move forward on my case because the "required investigation into your background remains". It says that if I do not hear from them in 6 MONTHS I can call back.

I am obviously upset, I was just wondering if this is a standard letter that they send? Does anyone think it will really be 6 months to my noa2? Neither my fiance or I have any kind of "record", so as you can imagine we are heartbroken by this latest news. It appears to be some kind of "random" thing here. I just can't believe it happened to us. Can't stop crying :(

Any thoughts???

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Aww Irish I can feel for you. I can tell you that they cannot give you any type of time limit. Your checks here in the states means something came up in one of the data bases, job, or education can play a part in this. I can only tell you to try and give it some time and hopefully it will pass fastly. If you look at my timeline below I am married and it took her 6 months to get to the embassy and then 6 months to get an interview and now we are in administrative processing. They have not run any security checks on our end right now and they are secretative and will not tell us why we are on hold. Pray for patience and understanding and only look at this process one day at a time. If I look further out I get depressed. I will continue to pray for you and do not give up, this is just a hurdle others may not have to endure. (F)

<<<<HUGS>>>>>

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

((HUGS)) Irish

Sorry they are still keeping you guys on 'hold'..I dont have any advice other than we are hoping for a speedy resolution for you

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Im really sorry to hear that, this is not fair that it is taking such a long time :crying: I hope that you will hear from them sooner than in 6 months........

Good luck!

AOS journey

09-29-2006 getting married

10-20-2006 send AOS + EAD

10-26-2006 NOA

11-01-2006 touch AOS

11-14-2006 biometric appt.

11-03-2006 email from CRIS about RFE

11-27-2006 RFE sent back

12-06-2006 email that they received RFE

12-07-2006 touch AOS

12-12-2006 touch AOS

12-13-2006 touch AOS

12-26-2006 letter about AOS Interview date

01-25-2007 AOS touched

01-28-2007 email from CRIS EAD approved, card is being issued

01-28-2007 AOS touched

02-01-2007 recieved EAD card in mail :-)

02-06-2007 Interview, not approved FBI name check pending

02-08-2007 touch

03-20-2007 email from CRIS: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

03-21-2007 touch

03-23-2007 email from CRIS: card production ordered

03-26-2007 touch

03-30-2007 Welcome to the United states of america letter received

03-31-2007 Green card received (for 2 years)

Filed: Other Timeline
Some of you know-I have been waiting to hear from VSC about my k-1 petition which is waiting in limbo. I got a letter from them yesterday telling me that they can not move forward on my case because the "required investigation into your background remains". It says that if I do not hear from them in 6 MONTHS I can call back.

I am obviously upset, I was just wondering if this is a standard letter that they send? Does anyone think it will really be 6 months to my noa2? Neither my fiance or I have any kind of "record", so as you can imagine we are heartbroken by this latest news. It appears to be some kind of "random" thing here. I just can't believe it happened to us. Can't stop crying :(

Any thoughts???

While any delay is disappointing, you should continue to draw encouragement that your process is indeed moving along. There is no way of knowing exactly how long any petition will take for approval, because each and every one is unique. Be aware that delays are rarely a random event, but usually occur because of a "hit" during the IBIS check. Each time a hit occurs it must be verified by a human, whether or not the hit actually belongs to the petitioner or beneficiary. Sometimes there are false hits, other times they are legit. Whatever the case, the hit must be verified. Hits occur for a variety of reasons, but usually stem from previous encounters with US law enforcement, or immigration. After a hit is verified that it belongs to the petitioner or beneficiary, it must be adjudicated as to whether the hit is significant. If the USC is wanted by US law enforcement, they will likely be picked up. If the beneficiary has a history of negative dealing with US law enforcement, or immigration, it must be determined whether that dealing is an excludable event, or whether to allow additional evidence to overcome, via the I-601, or other document.

Bottom line, is that there is often nothing to worry about, certainly not until you hear more. You will find there is little that you can do at this point, but it's also very unlikely that you will have to wait long before your petition completes the required security / background check and is approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

*hugs*

I also will be praying for a speedy resolution. Don't give up! You have wonderful support here on VJ!

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Hoping everything gets cleared up quickly.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Timeline

Any thoughts???

While any delay is disappointing, you should continue to draw encouragement that your process is indeed moving along. There is no way of knowing exactly how long any petition will take for approval, because each and every one is unique. Be aware that delays are rarely a random event, but usually occur because of a "hit" during the IBIS check. Each time a hit occurs it must be verified by a human, whether or not the hit actually belongs to the petitioner or beneficiary. Sometimes there are false hits, other times they are legit. Whatever the case, the hit must be verified. Hits occur for a variety of reasons, but usually stem from previous encounters with US law enforcement, or immigration. After a hit is verified that it belongs to the petitioner or beneficiary, it must be adjudicated as to whether the hit is significant. If the USC is wanted by US law enforcement, they will likely be picked up. If the beneficiary has a history of negative dealing with US law enforcement, or immigration, it must be determined whether that dealing is an excludable event, or whether to allow additional evidence to overcome, via the I-601, or other document.

Bottom line, is that there is often nothing to worry about, certainly not until you hear more. You will find there is little that you can do at this point, but it's also very unlikely that you will have to wait long before your petition completes the required security / background check and is approved.

Thanks-I am assuming this is because of the fact that my fiance was denied entry here in philly last March(he had overstayed on the vwp by 2 days-bought a ticket for 10/26-1/26 not realizing it wasn't 90 days exactly a genuine oversight) anyway-if that IS what's holding us up I am sure once they investiagte-they will see that everything is ok. He was told by the US Embassy in Dublin, that he will not need to file the waiver b/c it was only a 2 day overstay. He was also told that there is no "ban" placed on him.

I just can't believe it happened to us. I pray that they don't sit on this for 6 months, a quick look into our records would show that we have a very boring past. I pray we hear something soon. I miss him so badly-my head is wrecked :( I can't even bring myself to tell him this news.

Dublin told him he won't have to file a waiver for an overstay? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........personally I would not bank on that.

I've kept up with you some irish, but don't remember you posting that before about his overstay - sorry if I have missed that.

You might want to read up in the waiver forums and/or pm some of the 'waiver' veterans in order to confirm or deny what Dublin has told you.

Not trying to scare you - but it's better to get prepared now if something else will need done.

*poop just re-read this a bit further - did he actually overstay or they turned him back because of a mistake with airline ticket? If all he did was get turned back of course you won't need a waiver - my bad.*

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline
Dublin told him he won't have to file a waiver for an overstay? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........personally I would not bank on that.

I've kept up with you some irish, but don't remember you posting that before about his overstay - sorry if I have missed that.

You might want to read up in the waiver forums and/or pm some of the 'waiver' veterans in order to confirm or deny what Dublin has told you.

Not trying to scare you - but it's better to get prepared now if something else will need done.

*poop just re-read this a bit further - did he actually overstay or they turned him back because of a mistake with airline ticket? If all he did was get turned back of course you won't need a waiver - my bad.*

He had bought his ticket for 10/26/04 to 1/26/05...........well his Mother did but anyway-we did not count the days-we thought ok three months-no problem. Well when he came back in March he was stopped by CBP officers, he told them he was here to see me-no big deal. They called me to ask if he was staying with me-"are you getting married?" those kinds of questions. Well at the time we were not planning on getting married so I told them no. They told him he was being denied entry because of his 2 day overstay on the vwp. They sent him out on the next flight. There is nothing stamped in his passport. He contacted a solicitor in Dublin & he wrote a letter to the US Embassy(Gavin was told he had a 5 year ban & it didn't seem right) so the embassy told him that he does NOT have a ban on him whatsoever, but he in ineligible to use the vwp in the future. I was under the impression that he would not need a waiver. Was I completely wrong? :angry:

Irish I am so sorry to read of this, you've had such a long wait already, my fingers are crossed for you that this will be resloved very quickly.

Lots of hugs to you, keep your chin up (F):thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

So sorry to hear your news... hang in there... sooner or later it will sort itself out... hopefully sooner (F)

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear this, that really sucks.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

He had bought his ticket for 10/26/04 to 1/26/05...........well his Mother did but anyway-we did not count the days-we thought ok three months-no problem. Well when he came back in March he was stopped by CBP officers, he told them he was here to see me-no big deal. They called me to ask if he was staying with me-"are you getting married?" those kinds of questions. Well at the time we were not planning on getting married so I told them no. They told him he was being denied entry because of his 2 day overstay on the vwp. They sent him out on the next flight. There is nothing stamped in his passport. He contacted a solicitor in Dublin & he wrote a letter to the US Embassy(Gavin was told he had a 5 year ban & it didn't seem right) so the embassy told him that he does NOT have a ban on him whatsoever, but he in ineligible to use the vwp in the future. I was under the impression that he would not need a waiver. Was I completely wrong? :angry:

I have no idea, irish. I have just posted this question, though, in the 'UK Waiver Club' thread that exists in the Waivers forums.

Please don't take my word for it or let me upset you with this. Lets get you an answer first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.