irishgirl73

got bad news

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I just read this thread this morning and my heart goes out to you pet. Don't let the immigration process get to you and doubt your relationship...then they really have won.

One thing I would advise against is Galwayman's advice (sorry Galway) about contacting an Irish local politician. Don't do this - they could mess it up a lot more than you realise, as they really have no proper knowledge of this process, and have no real authority over it either. This process does not need someone meddling around in it who has no clue...leave the Irish politician idea out of it please!

I do hope this gets resolved sooner than what they have said to expect, but hang in there and take comfort that IT WILL eventually be resolved for you guys!! (F)

Sorry bad advice on my part.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just read this thread this morning and my heart goes out to you pet. Don't let the immigration process get to you and doubt your relationship...then they really have won.

One thing I would advise against is Galwayman's advice (sorry Galway) about contacting an Irish local politician. Don't do this - they could mess it up a lot more than you realise, as they really have no proper knowledge of this process, and have no real authority over it either. This process does not need someone meddling around in it who has no clue...leave the Irish politician idea out of it please!

I do hope this gets resolved sooner than what they have said to expect, but hang in there and take comfort that IT WILL eventually be resolved for you guys!! (F)

Wasn't bad advice at all- you thought we were denied(thank God it wasn't that). :thumbs:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Other Timeline
Some of you know-I have been waiting to hear from VSC about my k-1 petition which is waiting in limbo. I got a letter from them yesterday telling me that they can not move forward on my case because the "required investigation into your background remains". It says that if I do not hear from them in 6 MONTHS I can call back.

I am obviously upset, I was just wondering if this is a standard letter that they send? Does anyone think it will really be 6 months to my noa2? Neither my fiance or I have any kind of "record", so as you can imagine we are heartbroken by this latest news. It appears to be some kind of "random" thing here. I just can't believe it happened to us. Can't stop crying :(

Any thoughts???

Hi Irish! Prayers is the magic words...Never Lose hope and hold unto him okey!

Goddluck!

Timeline

Well said Amanda. And not just so far as the locals go. Anytime you ask a politician of any kind to get involved in your case, you run the risk of coming up against some gridlock that wouldn't have been there before it started - it's called 'ok, you're checking on my work then?'

Especially true when the case goes to the consulate. CO's don't like to be questioned.

Irishgirl has every right to want to be approved and to be concerned about the delays. But the hard, cold reality is this petition is far from beyond the normal processing times. It's just out of the Vermont norms. It's way to early to call in the political reinforcements. Way.

Indeed, I wonder if there would have been any AR at all if a congressman had not already been called.

Actually Rebeccajo I am WELL outside of Vermont's processing times, they are processing petitions filed 1/29 mine was rec'd 12/8............almost 60 days!!!! I know everyone says how lucky I am to be going through Vermont, and I sympathize with people who have to wait, but I am going through VSC not the other centers and we shouldn't be 60 days outside dates(well obviously we are in AR). I know I was called self-centered earlier, and I don't want to come off that way-but this is MY case. Since I am going through the VSC and not CSC, NSC or TSC I am upset. People get approved in days at VSC.

They sent me a letter dated the 12th, I called the 9th & my congressman the 10th. I don't think that his call had anything to do with it as we were already 30 days outside processing times. I guess I will never know.

I was just doing what I thought was right, if I thought contacting someone would have hurt my case I wouldn't have done it but it's too late now.

Edited by irishgirl73

Well said Amanda. And not just so far as the locals go. Anytime you ask a politician of any kind to get involved in your case, you run the risk of coming up against some gridlock that wouldn't have been there before it started - it's called 'ok, you're checking on my work then?'

Especially true when the case goes to the consulate. CO's don't like to be questioned.

Irishgirl has every right to want to be approved and to be concerned about the delays. But the hard, cold reality is this petition is far from beyond the normal processing times. It's just out of the Vermont norms. It's way to early to call in the political reinforcements. Way.

Indeed, I wonder if there would have been any AR at all if a congressman had not already been called.

Actually Rebeccajo I am WELL outside of Vermont's processing times, they are processing petitions filed 1/29 mine was rec'd 12/8............almost 60 days!!!! I know everyone says how lucky I am to be going through Vermont, and I sympathize with people who have to wait, but I am going through VSC not the other centers and we shouldn't be 60 days outside dates(well obviously we are in AR). I know I was called self-centered earlier, and I don't want to come off that way-but this is MY case. Since I am going through the VSC and not CSC, NSC or TSC I am upset. People get approved in days at VSC.

They sent me a letter dated the 12th, I called the 9th & my congressman the 10th. I don't think that his call had anything to do with it as we were already 30 days outside processing times. I guess I will never know.

I was just doing what I thought was right, if I thought contacting someone would have hurt my case I wouldn't have done it but it's too late now.

Irishgirl. Do you not wonder aloud whether or not the fact that after such a short waiting period that perhaps you're being "punished" for contacting your congressperson with a complaint?

Just my thoughts...... :whistle:

miss_me_yet.jpg

Timeline

No I dont think I am being punished, I believe they pulled the case before I called anyone. There are tons of people on here that got congress people involved-I don't rememeber hearing any of them saying that they wish they hadn't.

If that IS what's going on there is nothing I can do about it now.

I don't have anything to be worried about so let them do their "thing" I just wish I didn't have to wait that's all.

Filed: Other Timeline

Irish, I wish you would re-read my post to you. Third paragraph. I said you have every right to want to be approved and to be concerned. You seem to be rather ready to go on the defensive with someone who has been trying to help you.

Your case may be outside of Vermont's norms, but it's not outside of the USCIS guides for this stage of your process. That is ALL I am trying to point out to you.

Hey galwayman, you were just trying to help. No harm, no foul. At least in my book.

Edited by rebeccajo

irishgirl ...

i may be off base here, but i don't think i am. it's almost apparent by the delay that either your name or his name generated a 'name hit'.

as pax said earlier, my husband geoff was denied at the philly airport after being delayed and questioned for 2 hours, fingerprinted, and then sent home. he had used the VWP 3 times in a row ... only having returned to the UK for about 4-7days at a time. we were completely clueless to immigration back then!

once he got denied, he went to the embassy for a visitor visa ... you guessed it: denied. he was also told that he could not return to the US without the appropriate visa (K type visa). therein started our visa journey. we received our NOA2 within 41 days without any out of the ordinary delays. after our case was sent to the embassy, geoff received an FBI fingerprint clearance letter and had to go to london to be fingerprinted again.

all of the above is pretty routine for someone being turned away and denied entry. no waiver is needed and i don't see one being needed in your case either.

the letter you received said (per your account): they can not move forward on my case because the "required investigation into your background remains". was this letter addressed to you or your fiance?? if you, then this sounds more like they are looking into YOUR background. do you have a common surname?

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Timeline

Irish, I wish you would re-read my post to you. Third paragraph. I said you have every right to want to be approved and to be concerned. You seem to be rather ready to go on the defensive with someone who has been trying to help you.

Your case may be outside of Vermont's norms, but it's not outside of the USCIS guides for this stage of your process. That is ALL I am trying to point out to you.

Hey galwayman, you were just trying to help. No harm, no foul. At least in my book.

rebeccajo-sorry I did not mean to come off as rude-I was just trying to explain that we are outside processing times for VSC, they are processing cases in 30-45 days(at least that is what it reads on my noa1) that is the reason I am so upset. Obviously they are doing some kind of a check, I just feel really unlucky at the moment. We have ben through so much & now this delay? it's just hard to stay optomistic at times.

irishgirl ...

i may be off base here, but i don't think i am. it's almost apparent by the delay that either your name or his name generated a 'name hit'.

as pax said earlier, my husband geoff was denied at the philly airport after being delayed and questioned for 2 hours, fingerprinted, and then sent home. he had used the VWP 3 times in a row ... only having returned to the UK for about 4-7days at a time. we were completely clueless to immigration back then!

once he got denied, he went to the embassy for a visitor visa ... you guessed it: denied. he was also told that he could not return to the US without the appropriate visa (K type visa). therein started our visa journey. we received our NOA2 within 41 days without any out of the ordinary delays. after our case was sent to the embassy, geoff received an FBI fingerprint clearance letter and had to go to london to be fingerprinted again.

all of the above is pretty routine for someone being turned away and denied entry. no waiver is needed and i don't see one being needed in your case either.

the letter you received said (per your account): they can not move forward on my case because the "required investigation into your background remains". was this letter addressed to you or your fiance?? if you, then this sounds more like they are looking into YOUR background. do you have a common surname?

I don't think it is a common surname-but I guess I will never know if it is me or him. Even if they are looking into his denial at Philly-I just didn't think it would take this long. I don't even have a "past" so i am not sure what they would be looking at there :huh: I pray for news everyday. The letter was addressed to me because I am the one that called them.

Thanks for the response, rebeccajo had asked ablout a waiver in the other forum & I was pretty releaved that we shouldn't need one for a 2 day overstay(one positive thing I guess).

Thanks for sharing your story

then it is YOUR background that they are looking into. regardless if you called them, they would have written that the required investigation into your fiance's background remains ... but they didn't.

basically at this stage of the game, they won't be checking too heavily into your fiance ... that happens at the embassy level.

Edited by gimygirl

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Dublin told him he won't have to file a waiver for an overstay? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........personally I would not bank on that.

I've kept up with you some irish, but don't remember you posting that before about his overstay - sorry if I have missed that.

You might want to read up in the waiver forums and/or pm some of the 'waiver' veterans in order to confirm or deny what Dublin has told you.

Not trying to scare you - but it's better to get prepared now if something else will need done.

*poop just re-read this a bit further - did he actually overstay or they turned him back because of a mistake with airline ticket? If all he did was get turned back of course you won't need a waiver - my bad.*

A waiver is only required if an alien is inadmissible... The alien is not inadmissible, he did not stay over 180 days. However, he IS not permitted to use the VWP anymore. But that has no impact on his pending K1.

It looks like you or your fiancee got a IBIS hit. it's unfortunate, but it happens. All you can do is wait until the checks are completed. How long it takes depends on a lot of factors... some can be cleared up rather quickly... some take an extended period of time.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.