Arrta

What did I do wrong?

199 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its not the first time it has happened. And its usually for some stupid reason. I just can't have her doing this NOW of all times. She needs to rest and get better. I don't want her to hurt herself and make things worse.

Edit: Or hurt herself more than she already has. Shes sleeping now, without meds, so hopefully whatever she did was not too serious.

I'm really sorry that you are experiencing this. I'm a full-blooded filipina and yes I do get "crazy" at times lol but now I'm getting passed that stage of being too dramatic! lol. Thank God! Im blessed to have a very patient and understanding fiance too. He sees me beyond my "craziness." I'm also learning a lot from him as he continues to "educate" me about his culture. We also learned a big word together and that is Compromise. We always see to it that we talk about things and meet half way if necessary. And he knows that my "craziness" will pass away anyway. Just remember that when she tells you that she doesn't love you anymore, it's not true. I know it may sound very childish but really she didn't mean that. She's just reacting to what she thought was an "attack" to her behavior. But I'm not justifying her acts because it is wrong. But then, this is where unconditional love comes in. And i think that you truly love your wife and you know, what every woman needs is to be loved and I think you are doing that base on what you said. Just keep on loving her unconditionally and Im pretty sure she'll realize how blessed she truly is to have a husband like you who cares and loves her.

Yes, do talk about it when both of you are not in the "defense" mode. Just assure her of your love especially now that she's recovering from an injury.

God bless and hope it works out well for the two of you. :thumbs:

06/03/2010 - Engagement - Our Story

10/25/2010 - Filed I-129F - The Process

11/02/2010 - Received Notice from USCIS

04/20/2011 - Petition approved - My Experience

05/10/2011 - Received confirmation letter from USEM

05/30-31/2011 - Medical/Physical Examination - My Experience

06/15/2011 - USEM Interview (under 221g) - My Experience

06/20/2011 - Submitted docs via 2go

06/23/2011 - Docs forwarded to the consul

07/11/2011 - VISA APPROVED!!!!PRAISE GOD!!

07/14/2011 - VISA DELIVERED! HAPPY BLESSED DAY!

07/22/2011 - CFO Guidance & Counseling Seminar - My Experience

Prozac is good. Lithium will work as well for bi-polar disorder. You didn't do anything wrong. She owes you an apology. Just because she is filipina does not mean she gets to treat you that way. (unless you like it) I give my fiancé what she gives me. If she gives me only 10%, then she only gets 10%. but that only happened once. Now we both give each other 100%. hold her accountable for her actions towards you because she will definitely hold you accountable.

John

Timeline

youve done nothing wrong. i was thinking at first it was because of her medication. but if she usually throws things when mad, that isn't good. i'd be terrified if i'm the husband. :D

i hope my fiance won't do it when i get to the US, well he admitted he won't coz things now are expensive. :D but kidding aside, talk the matter over. im sure she was saying

all those hurting words because she was hurt about what you did. i completely understand you coz i work at home too and not understanding the client on the other end is a

bit annoying. talk it over, but make her realize about her mistakes too. :)

-love knows no borders-

(documented my K1 experience at

k1visaguru.com)

Twitter: @cathara22

It's a Filipino thing. You insulted her in front of her friend, and you need to apologize. Things should get better afterwards.

So basically put your tail between your legs and put your man card in the trash. :huh:

Timeline

What a shame really. if your story is exactly what happened, maybe she got upset and felt offended for thinking that you disrespected her infront of her friend, although honestly thats exxage reaction, but telling you that she doesnt love you and wanna leave you? thats way out of the line. shes acting like an immature spoiled brat. i say dont tolerate the attitude, as early as possible cut it off and tell her that if she want too you send her home now, she needs some reality check unless you wanna be treated that way forever.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Ah, ok. Probably the added stress of being dependent on you and the fact that you are at home where she has no time to herself. Can you get back to the office right away? I'd still schedule an appointment with a marriage counselor. Tampo is bure bullsh!t and no man should have to tolerate his wife acting like a 3 year old with temper tantrum. The reality is, a lot of people, regardless of cultural background, have never learned how to express their anger in a constructive way. Breaking sh!t is inexcusable, immature, and will cause great strife in your marriage. You will build up a lot of resentment and then one day you'll boil over as well. I wouldn't take her hurtful words seriously, however, psychologically, she pierced your heart with saying some things that should never be said. That does damage to the relationship and to your love for her. I was married before to someone like that and I eventually became emotionally numb. Don't wait for that to happen. Get counseling. Do it for your sanity as well as your marriage. Good luck.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

There are different types of Tampo. In my case I usually just wouldn't say a single word and be all quiet. I would never throw things and says things that would hurt our marriage,it's not a mature way on dealing with a problem. If she's too violent even before she had the operation then I agree that you two have to get marriage counseling.

She may have felt slighted, but the erratic behavior beyond that is not normal. They've been together for a few years now and obviously this behavior is new to him. A mere apology isn't going to wipe away what she's done and he doesn't deserve to be subjected to that kind of violent sh!t. Filipinas that act that way on a regular basis must have been spoiled as children and never learned how to act like like a civilized grown up.

So are you saying his wife needs a good spanking?

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Ah, ok. Probably the added stress of being dependent on you and the fact that you are at home where she has no time to herself. Can you get back to the office right away? I'd still schedule an appointment with a marriage counselor. Tampo is bure bullsh!t and no man should have to tolerate his wife acting like a 3 year old with temper tantrum. The reality is, a lot of people, regardless of cultural background, have never learned how to express their anger in a constructive way. Breaking sh!t is inexcusable, immature, and will cause great strife in your marriage. You will build up a lot of resentment and then one day you'll boil over as well. I wouldn't take her hurtful words seriously, however, psychologically, she pierced your heart with saying some things that should never be said. That does damage to the relationship and to your love for her. I was married before to someone like that and I eventually became emotionally numb. Don't wait for that to happen. Get counseling. Do it for your sanity as well as your marriage. Good luck.

I agree with this statement, To hell with the immature stuff life is too short to deal with that. Sit down look her in the eye and explain to her you bust #### at work to do everything you can for her and if she wants to act this way she can go back to the philippines , and you will find someone else that appreciates you.

Stand up for yourself, everything she has thrown make it her work to replace it

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with this statement, To hell with the immature stuff life is too short to deal with that. Sit down look her in the eye and explain to her you bust #### at work to do everything you can for her and if she wants to act this way she can go back to the philippines , and you will find someone else that appreciates you.

Stand up for yourself, everything she has thrown make it her work to replace it

I have to agree with this.

Having said that.... we all know that there is more to this story (but practically speaking, time & space just don't allow us to post novels - lol) - my point being that without more background it is difficult to offer precise observations and advice. We all also know that there are at least two sides to every story. We have heard only one side, so there is another handicap in rendering advice.

My question would be (and you don't need to post a reply - may be too personal - and I'm only asking the question to give you something to think about).... Is this the first time she has gone ballistic like this? If not, then you do have a maturity issue to deal with. But if this IS the first time she has done this (and also said that she wants to leave you!), then you need to look closer at her relationships with other guys. Since we don't know you or her, this is a highly speculative comment I am going to make (so please don't be offended)... this sort of thing happens all the time - she meets someone else, falls in love - or she's just swept off her feet by someone else and thinks she's in love, then looks for any excuse to end the relationship.

Let's hope that is not the case. Assuming that this is just a maturity issue... you need to tell her that you love her, and that you realize there must be give & take in a loving, forgiving relationship. But... you also tell her that you will not tolerate BS like throwing things - that's just stupid and immature. And definitely make her replace whatever was busted up. If there are no consequences for her immature behaivior, then buddy, get ready for a long tough road ahead.

Edited by Farsider

Our wedding pics with music...

http://animoto.com/play/SA1SIQmniZA5gRc3pxkDEA

I also make tampo once in a while, but I do not resort to violence. I just keep quiet and wanted to be alone. I don't know what's wrong with her. Probably because of the surgery the reason why she went crazy. I don't want to break thing either because we have this Filipino belief that breaking things is a bad omen. And expensive to break a computer or a laptop when throwing tantrums. And my husband won't replace anything I break. :crying: I just make tampo when hubby would hurt my feelings and won't apologize. Darn it! We have our pride too! :angry:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.