Arrta

What did I do wrong?

199 posts in this topic

It sounds like she is having a full-on raging fit. There is little you can do about it now. It will dissipate. You can expect that to happen again on occasion. She probably needs medication to control that. Do not argue with her. It is usually impossible to deal with the actual issue until the fit ends. The best thing you can do is keep some distance from her; leave your house or lock yourself in another room, until she returns to normal.

Edited by Laser1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't put up with that for one minute. Your job is very important. If that happened to me, I would give her one & only one chance, sit her down, lay down the facts.

During that conversation, I would call her bluff & point to the exit door, and I would mean it too, ask her if she needed help packing her bags & would she like for me to call a Taxi for her or offer a one-way ticket home. If she answers a Taxi, then either her friend is influencing her or she is close to cheating, or worse.

The words, "I don't love you anymore" are serious indeed.

Good Luck,

Leo

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Perhaps she's having PMS. Check her monthly thing schedule. 1 week before the menses come women tend to be very depress and tranformed into a monster. I am a PMS woman and my fiancee got freak out all the time. But I am able to control it to the point that I am not going to break things and stuffs. Its more on emotional anguish. Women reacts differently. Some really becomes violent and physically hurt self and the partner. Base on my experience, when I have PMS I tend to be very upset with him but not to anybody else. Just him. He is the center of my wrath! But as I have said, I don't result to physical and violence. I just want my own space and time to think and contemplate. Later on, I would be sorry and sweet again. (I'm very aware of my personality). If this is her case, you better give her some time to think and be alone. Talking to her when she's in the heights of emotion will be considered as annoying and provoking (although you are not).

If that is not her case, perhaps, she is just depress of her uncomfortable situation. Comfort her and don't get upset if she's upset. You need to be the buffer. It is not easy to be in her part as what you have described.

Don't give up! Marriage is a school that you will never be graduated. So keep learning everyday. Adjustment will be a never ending process.

February 2010 we first chatted after our online church

September 17, 2010 - engagement

Dec 30, 2010-Jan 17, 2011 met in person in Dubai UAE

February 14, 2011 - I-129F package sent to USCIS

February 24, 2011 - NOA1 received

July 24, 2011 - NOA2 received

August 5, 2011- visa case number received from NVC thru email and phone call

August 7, 2011 - package left NVC

August 12, 2011 - arrived in US embassy

August 16, 2011 - Medical Exam--Passed!

August 23, 2011 - US embassy Interview -- Approved! (Praise His Name)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.