yachachiq12

SS card not received

48 posts in this topic

USCIS officer even dont know a shiit of it i thought they gonna ask my register number on the passport or my case number so they can check why i did not received SSN or GC and welcome letter come on really whats going on ?

i dont know hell what to do i m so frustraeted now ? SSA officer even did not help us what the heck i will do or who gonna help us ?

I'd suggest going back to the SSA office and speak to someone differently. Tell them you immigrated here on a US visa and you'd like to apply for an SSN.

Where did you do your POE? Some places take longer than others and that might be contributing to the slowness for your welcome letter and GC. But I honestly wouldn't worry about your GC. The stamp in your passport acts as a temporary GC for a year until you get the GC in the mail.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

my poe was chicago ohare that where i am actually living...

the guy checked my passport and write my name on the screen of his computer so he said u are not issued yet ....

so SSN does not need me to have a welcome letter ? i can apply it only with my passport and an id right?

i will try it

thanks saylin

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

my poe was chicago ohare that where i am actually living...

the guy checked my passport and write my name on the screen of his computer so he said u are not issued yet ....

so SSN does not need me to have a welcome letter ? i can apply it only with my passport and an id right?

i will try it

thanks saylin

Hmm, I would think Chicago would be efficient with mailing packages to USCIS in a reasonable amount of time.

What did the guy mean when he said "you are not issued yet"? Like, you're not in the system or...?

SSN and GC are two different things. Some people get their SSN first, others get the GC first. You don't need to have the welcome letter or GC to get your SSN.

You can read all about getting a SSN on the SSA site here: http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/

Timeline

Hmm, I would think Chicago would be efficient with mailing packages to USCIS in a reasonable amount of time.

What did the guy mean when he said "you are not issued yet"? Like, you're not in the system or...?

SSN and GC are two different things. Some people get their SSN first, others get the GC first. You don't need to have the welcome letter or GC to get your SSN.

You can read all about getting a SSN on the SSA site here: http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/

my english is kinda broken yes lets say he cant see me in their system bec he wanted to spell my name

if i dont need all those what the heck he told me that i need to contact to uscis and he cant help me!!

Anyways we talked to uscis officer today they gonna send us welcome letter and etc she got my register number and we also updated home adress again..

I will apply for SSN but what if uscis also send me a SSN i dont want to make mess things up i am kinda confused

ROC

my english is kinda broken yes lets say he cant see me in their system bec he wanted to spell my name

if i dont need all those what the heck he told me that i need to contact to uscis and he cant help me!!

Anyways we talked to uscis officer today they gonna send us welcome letter and etc she got my register number and we also updated home adress again..

I will apply for SSN but what if uscis also send me a SSN i dont want to make mess things up i am kinda confused

Glad you finally got through to someone at USCIS. Perhaps you should wait another 2-3 weeks to see if you get an SSN in the mail.

Timeline

Glad you finally got through to someone at USCIS. Perhaps you should wait another 2-3 weeks to see if you get an SSN in the mail.

thank you so much for ur help

Saylin i need your advice about that should i need to wait another 2-3 weeks? then see if i will also get my SSN or should i go to SSA office to apply for SSN ?

i bored to keep waiting home i want to get DL, i want to work etc...

what do you think ? pls let me know bec USCIS not requested for SSN maybe they wont send it then i should been wasting my time to wait for it...

thank you again

ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

uscis does not send ssn cards... all they do is pass your request to the ssa...

YMMV

thank you so much for ur help

Saylin i need your advice about that should i need to wait another 2-3 weeks? then see if i will also get my SSN or should i go to SSA office to apply for SSN ?

i bored to keep waiting home i want to get DL, i want to work etc...

what do you think ? pls let me know bec USCIS not requested for SSN maybe they wont send it then i should been wasting my time to wait for it...

thank you again

It's up to you. If they were behind in their paperwork, then they might have been behind in sending your info to the SSA.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It's up to you. If they were behind in their paperwork, then they might have been behind in sending your info to the SSA.

Hello SAylin,

Yes i was searching about Chicago POE they are sending the papers to uscis late what if my papers still stuck there

you already know those My POE was June 9 Chicago Ohare and it has been almost 2 months that i did not received welcome letter , GC and SSN yet after one month later we went to apply SSN card but the officer told us he cant help bec i m not in their system then we back home and called USCIS talked to person she got my Register number(Alien number) 2 weeks ago but i still did not get a welcome letter or GC

Do i have to call them again (USCIS) or i need to wait for another week any advice pls ?

by the way i went to local SSA office even she gave me hard time to apply one and applied for SSN and got a receipt hopefully i will get it within 2 weeks...

I have a question now

we also checked the boxes in DS 230 form is that possible that i might have 2 different of SSN ?

I m worried of it

thank you

ROC

Hello SAylin,

Yes i was searching about Chicago POE they are sending the papers to uscis late what if my papers still stuck there

you already know those My POE was June 9 Chicago Ohare and it has been almost 2 months that i did not received welcome letter , GC and SSN yet after one month later we went to apply SSN card but the officer told us he cant help bec i m not in their system then we back home and called USCIS talked to person she got my Register number(Alien number) 2 weeks ago but i still did not get a welcome letter or GC

Do i have to call them again (USCIS) or i need to wait for another week any advice pls ?

by the way i went to local SSA office even she gave me hard time to apply one and applied for SSN and got a receipt hopefully i will get it within 2 weeks...

I have a question now

we also checked the boxes in DS 230 form is that possible that i might have 2 different of SSN ?

I m worried of it

thank you

Hmm, it's taking a long time for you. But you're not the only one, so you don't need to panic. It's taken some people months to get their green card. But if I were you, just sit back and wait. The stamp in your passport acts as a temporary green card, so if you need to travel or anything, you don't need to worry.

The SSN is another story though as you need that to work and other things. If you applied for the SSN, then you should get it soon. After I applied at my local SSA office, I got it 10 days later. And don't worry about getting 2 SSNs. I've never seen that happen before.

Timeline

Hmm, it's taking a long time for you. But you're not the only one, so you don't need to panic. It's taken some people months to get their green card. But if I were you, just sit back and wait. The stamp in your passport acts as a temporary green card, so if you need to travel or anything, you don't need to worry.

The SSN is another story though as you need that to work and other things. If you applied for the SSN, then you should get it soon. After I applied at my local SSA office, I got it 10 days later. And don't worry about getting 2 SSNs. I've never seen that happen before.

Thank you Saylin,

I better to be patient and calm.the thing my friend also had the same problem about GC and they wanted to visit canada even thought he was not Gc in hand he showed the passport the temporary GC they did not allowed him to pass.

Anyways there is nothing to do except waiting i will call uscis for another week

ROC

Thank you Saylin,

I better to be patient and calm.the thing my friend also had the same problem about GC and they wanted to visit canada even thought he was not Gc in hand he showed the passport the temporary GC they did not allowed him to pass.

Anyways there is nothing to do except waiting i will call uscis for another week

Your friend was denied? That doesn't make sense as the stamp in the passport acts as a temporary green card. Did the officers say anything in specific to your friend?

And yes, just a wait a bit and you can always call next week to see if there's any update.

Timeline

Your friend was denied? That doesn't make sense as the stamp in the passport acts as a temporary green card. Did the officers say anything in specific to your friend?

And yes, just a wait a bit and you can always call next week to see if there's any update.

No he was not denied he is already in usa with CR1 visa and he wanted to travel canada with his wife even thought he got a stamp in his passport they did not allowed him to get in canada so they went back to usa

anyways it is not that important he doing ok

Edited by KdRjN

ROC

No he was not denied he is already in usa with CR1 visa and he wanted to travel canada with his wife even thought he got a stamp in his passport they did not allowed him to get in canada so they went back to usa

anyways it is not that important he doing ok

Well, if he wasn't allowed into Canada, then he was denied entry. That's what I meant. I'm just curious what happened as he should have been allowed in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.