Matt an Bee

does anyone know?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just say my fiancee does not get her K1 visa issued to her,worst case senerio,can she still come to the USA without a visa at all, shes from thailand? I have herd a few stories but were not sure if they were true,like people show an have no visa but are allowed to stay for 30 days or something like that please let me know,im about to give up on the embassy over her,in bkk an get crazy...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Totally unlikely she will be granted admittance into the US without a visa.

I don't know where you 'heard' that but I doubt if it is true. How would they be able to tell when she left? How would they know (especially with failed k-1) that she would leave - because she probably wouldn't.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She cannot come without a visa.

You may have heard stories from Europe or similar places- some countries have an agreement with the USA, where they don't need a tourist visa to visit for up to 90 days; it's called the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), but Thailand is not part of it.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

She definitely needs a visa. If not, she won't even be able to leave Suvarnnabhumi airport. The airline will check if she has a valid document to enter the US or not.

CR-1: DCF ROC: California Service Center Naturalization

Apr-01-2011 Submitted I-130 at USCIS Bangkok July-09-2013 Mailed I-751 to California Service Center Sep-04-2014 Mailed N400 to Phoenix Lockbox
Apr-29-2011 RFE (husband forgot to include photos - -") July-10-2013 NOA1 Sep-06-2014 Package delivered

Sep-09-2014 NOA date

May-03-2011 Sent photos to USCIS Bangkok Aug-05-2013 Biometrics appointment Sep-11-2014 Check cashed

May-30-2011 Notice of Approval from USCIS Bangkok Sep-12-2014 Biometric letter
Oct-24-2013 Date of decision, Approved!
Jun-02-2011 Received package 3 and case number Oct-01-2014 Biometrics appointment
Jun-23-2011 Sent package 3 to IV unit Bangkok Nov-8-2013 New card arrived Oct-14-2014 Pre-Interview (Yellow) Letter

Jul-15-2011 Received package 4 and acknowledgment of interview date Jan-20-2015 Interview letter

Jul-23-2011 Medical Examination
Mar
-09-2015 Interview date

Sep-12-2011 Interview date, Approved!
Sep-15-2011 Visa in hand Apr-09-2015 Oath Ceremony
Sep-19-2011 POE

Oct-11-2011 Greencard in hand

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just say my fiancee does not get her K1 visa issued to her,worst case senerio,can she still come to the USA without a visa at all, shes from thailand? I have herd a few stories but were not sure if they were true,like people show an have no visa but are allowed to stay for 30 days or something like that please let me know,im about to give up on the embassy over her,in bkk an get crazy...

She wont be leaving Thailand without a visa. Two check points see to that.

Why do you think she wont be approved? There is no reason to think she wont if you have done the documentation correctly which will result in the interview. The interview is easy for her. However it is at that time that your ability to support her that becomes the important factor. You will submit the 134 form & should submit tax transcripts as well. If that is done there should be no problem.

This is no time to give up. Its tough to have to wait but like everything we have to work for its worth it in the end. Dont let this get to you,throwing away the future you planned.

For what its worth I was standing there in LAX as they detained a Thai female that had some visa entry problem. It didnt take 30 days, rather 30 minutes tell her she was leaving on the next plane to Thailand. She was locked in a glass walled room right there to wait for the plane.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

She wont be leaving Thailand without a visa. Two check points see to that.

Why do you think she wont be approved? There is no reason to think she wont if you have done the documentation correctly which will result in the interview. The interview is easy for her. However it is at that time that your ability to support her that becomes the important factor. You will submit the 134 form & should submit tax transcripts as well. If that is done there should be no problem.

This is no time to give up. Its tough to have to wait but like everything we have to work for its worth it in the end. Dont let this get to you,throwing away the future you planned.

For what its worth I was standing there in LAX as they detained a Thai female that had some visa entry problem. It didnt take 30 days, rather 30 minutes tell her she was leaving on the next plane to Thailand. She was locked in a glass walled room right there to wait for the plane.

I went back & read some of your early posts. It seems they want more info about support. I am suprised that they asked you to send in the 864 type forms which indicate they will accept a co sponsor in your case. This is very unusual for BKK & the only case I know of where they requested it. I think they did that because of your long term relationship in Thailand. What you may think is an officer trying not to issue the visa just may be the officer helping to make sure it can be done. Sometimes things arent what they appear to be.

From what I have learned here the problem you have is based around the officer questioning your ability to support her. That is because you were working in Thailand for an extended period of time & now have a new source of income. It looks like your income is enough but the officer must believe it may be too recent. You could consider writting a letter indicating you will marry very soon after her entry & then file the AOS which will allow you to use the 864 & a cosponsor. By that time you will have a longer work history for USCIS to review. Doing this shows them you are aware of the future process & will subject yourself to another review as soon as USCIS can schedual it.

If you get a cosponsor she will be approved or they wouldnt ask for one. Consider your self lucky that they asked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.